News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

i was too p o'd to post this till i cooled off. couldnt stand the announcer that was a raider fan complaining about everything the chiefs did and trying to explain off how the raiders did things. then the refs giving the raiders extra play. when it comes down to it, the chiefs lost cuz they didnt stop the pass at the end, but just mad about the ride to that point. the anouncer says" if the lineman hadent got the holding call they wouldve gotten a big play because of the pass interference" well idot if the holding hadent taken place then the qb would have been eating dirt and the pass wouldnt have happened. when cassel dumped a pass he says" they should look at intentional grounding and the ball never got back to the line of scrimmage" , on the next set of downs for oakland they did the exact same thing. almost hitting the lineman with the ball. the same announcer says" he was reading the field and seen that there was nowhere to throw the ball so he did the smart thing to dump it and avoid the sac" the ball never made it to the line and the qb was in the same position on the field. then when oakland went offside he says "the defence has the right to go in the neutral zone as long as he gets back, but the offence cant budge for any reason. this is clearly against the chiefs" luckly the ref had a play that he didnt want to cheat on so he called the play right. ok, said my piece and vented. gonna take flak for this one but who cares. the officiating sucked. and for anyone out side of this division, you all dont matter. the only thing that matters is this division in football. oh, except for one other thing........."DALLAS GETS KILLED AGAIN"
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 08, 2010, 09:02:12 AM
i was too p o'd to post this till i cooled off. couldnt stand the announcer that was a raider fan complaining about everything the chiefs did and trying to explain off how the raiders did things. then the refs giving the raiders extra play. when it comes down to it, the chiefs lost cuz they didnt stop the pass at the end, but just mad about the ride to that point. the anouncer says" if the lineman hadent got the holding call they wouldve gotten a big play because of the pass interference" well idot if the holding hadent taken place then the qb would have been eating dirt and the pass wouldnt have happened. when cassel dumped a pass he says" they should look at intentional grounding and the ball never got back to the line of scrimmage" , on the next set of downs for oakland they did the exact same thing. almost hitting the lineman with the ball. the same announcer says" he was reading the field and seen that there was nowhere to throw the ball so he did the smart thing to dump it and avoid the sac" the ball never made it to the line and the qb was in the same position on the field. then when oakland went offside he says "the defence has the right to go in the neutral zone as long as he gets back, but the offence cant budge for any reason. this is clearly against the chiefs" luckly the ref had a play that he didnt want to cheat on so he called the play right. ok, said my piece and vented. gonna take flak for this one but who cares. the officiating sucked. and for anyone out side of this division, you all dont matter. the only thing that matters is this division in football. oh, except for one other thing........."DALLAS GETS KILLED AGAIN"

:violin:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

thanks ponch :2thumbs: today you are playin my favorite song! ill quit crying tomorrow :nana: but for today, im still living the pain :flame:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 08, 2010, 09:42:14 AM
thanks ponch :2thumbs: today you are playin my favorite song! ill quit crying tomorrow :nana: but for today, im still living the pain :flame:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

Good teams overcome bad officiating.  We barely (prolly shouldn't have) beat a team that hasn't won yet this year last week & Casshole still sucks, so it's gonna be a long 2 months.

I'm hoping they pull their heads' out of their collective ass' pretty soon.  If they lose to Denver next I'll most likely be sportin' a black & silver sig. in January.

We're not there yet.  But it is so refreshing to see McDummy destroy the Donks & AJ Smith's ego holding back the Chargers.

If we had say a Phillip Rivers for a QB there's no telling how good we'd be.  But I'm more a realist than a homer.  We have a ways to go yet.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 08, 2010, 04:25:47 PM
Good teams overcome bad officiating.

The Raiders much be real good this year then because they beat the Chickenhawks and the refs a week ago Sunday.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on November 08, 2010, 04:36:29 PM

The Raiders much be real good this year then because they beat the Chickenhawks and the refs a week ago Sunday.

Don't get too carried away.  You much not have remembered this:

Quote from: bull on November 08, 2010, 01:17:27 AM
I don't think there are any KC or Oakland fans here that have much room to get too cocky just yet. Both teams have been feeding off the bottom too long for the kind of jabs I'm starting to see. At this point it's kind of like the owner of a 1995 Yugo talking stoplight trash to the owner of a 1995 Ford Fiesta.

The70RT

They beat a 500 team. So yeah they much be real good, a Fiesta and beat a moped  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 08, 2010, 05:00:24 PM

Don't get too carried away.  You much not have remembered this:

Quote from: bull on November 08, 2010, 01:17:27 AM
I don't think there are any KC or Oakland fans here that have much room to get too cocky just yet. Both teams have been feeding off the bottom too long for the kind of jabs I'm starting to see. At this point it's kind of like the owner of a 1995 Yugo talking stoplight trash to the owner of a 1995 Ford Fiesta.

I know crappy calls when I see them. The announcers saw it too and mentioned it more than once during the game. :yesnod:

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on November 08, 2010, 06:28:53 PM

They beat a 500 team. So yeah they much be real good, a Fiesta and beat a moped  :lol:

Oh you had to go there, didnt you? Well, in that case lets take a look at the elite contenders that KC has beaten: Cleveland, San Fran, Jacksonville, Buffalo, and San Diego. The three worst teams in the league and two others that are barely at .500 or below. They've played three competitive teams (Indianapolis, Houston, Oakland) and lost to all three.

looks like the moped's been beating up on Razor scooters.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

nvrbdn

i am very strong on my passion for my team and my division. i dont know if others are that way in their divisions, but for a team that couldnt win in a highschool tournament last year, i celebrate every win (good or bad), and each battle that happens in this division. im not tickled about who all the players are, but i live with who they give me to root for. basically the way i am is im being realistic,i dont plan on winning the superbowl.i dont think we are good enough to get through the first round. we may be the weakest division out there, but i want to talk trash to the fans of the other teams in my division. i want to win my division. thats my superbowl :nana: :smilielol: im glad guys like ponch are here to talk trash with so we at least have a season to enjoy. who cares if we arent the best? we can still enjoy the season.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 07, 2010, 11:14:32 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 07, 2010, 10:55:43 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 07, 2010, 10:45:00 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 07, 2010, 10:30:22 PM
I don't see the Raiders going very far with the QB they have, don't get too use to it.

Yeah, I'm willing to do a signature bet.  The Chiefs finish higher than the Faiders in the division at the end of the regular season & I get my choice of what you have in your signature for...let's say the month of January.  If it goes the other way my sig is yours.  Any takers?????

They do this a lot on the Chiefs forum I frequent.

Id be down, but I don't wanna have a "I love man shaft" for a month as my sig...

I couldn't come up with a witty enough "man shaft" line for your sig. Ponch.  Just some kind of "Congrats AFC West Champs Chiefs/Raiders" with their insignia (colors). 

Ok, I guess I could be a good sport and do something like that. You're on.

The70RT

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 09, 2010, 01:02:55 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 08, 2010, 06:28:53 PM

They beat a 500 team. So yeah they much be real good, a Fiesta and beat a moped  :lol:

Oh you had to go there, didnt you? Well, in that case lets take a look at the elite contenders that KC has beaten: Cleveland, San Fran, Jacksonville, Buffalo, and San Diego. The three worst teams in the league and two others that are barely at .500 or below. They've played three competitive teams (Indianapolis, Houston, Oakland) and lost to all three.

looks like the moped's been beating up on Razor scooters.

Maybe so but you guys have to play the same teams. We have the division lead and you have to come to KC yet!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ACUDANUT

Ponch, I bet your Raiders can't win in KC.  :icon_smile_big:

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on November 09, 2010, 03:02:38 PM

Maybe so but you guys have to play the same teams. We have the division lead and you have to come to KC yet!

That may be, though the Raiders have a tougher schedule from now on. Got Pittsburgh, Miami, and Indianapolis coming up.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 09, 2010, 03:06:11 PM
Ponch, I bet your Raiders can't win in KC.  :icon_smile_big:

That's not much of a bet.  But we definitely know that KC can't win in Oakland.  :lol:

472 R/T SE

If you watched the games, the Indy & Texans games were a lot closer than the score showed.  KC D held Peyton w/o a TD, some thing no other team had done for I can't remember how long.  At the beginning of the 4th quarter the score was 9-6.  The D got tired & Indy started to successfully run the ball.  End of story.

The Texans game.  Peter King said the PI call on Brandon Flowers against Andre Johnson was the worst call of the year on the game winning drive.  At the beginning of the 4th quarter it was 31-14.  Again the D was tired & let Houston score 21.

The Fade game was uglee.  Both teams committed too many penalties.  Always happens when these 2 teams play.  Again we seemed to have the game in control until the 2nd half.  Marty used to say, "stay in the game & let the Faiders self-destruct".  It worked since we were 17-2 against them while he was coach.
Brandon Flowers was beaten like a drum on several occasions, much like we used to do to Nnamby when he covered Tony Gonzalez.  Flowers doesn't deserve all this shut down corner talk.

Both teams aren't there yet.  Oakland needs to rein in their penalties to even think about the playoffs.  It's been so bred into them though I'm not sure they can change their culture.

The Chefs have a ways to go as well.  Their D has been stellar at times but other times it's also reminiscent of last year.  I think next year we'll contend.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 09, 2010, 06:09:51 PM
If you watched the games, the Indy & Texans games were a lot closer than the score showed. 

So were the Cleveland and Buffalo games.... :scratchchin:

472 R/T SE

I'm no homer, I already said we should have lost the Buffalo game, keep up.  Buffalo is starting to come around.  If you look at the numbers Ryan Fitzpatrick is putting up it's easy to see they're gonna play spoiler by the end of the year beating some good teams.

As evidenced by this weekend, the Browns are no pushover.

But...we thoroughly kicked the 49er's ass & Oakland couldn't even score a TD on them so go figure.
You guys barely beat the Rams & if it wasn't for the little unknown Jacoby Ford having the game of his life, you wouldn't have beat us, period.

bull

nvrbdn

well did this thread finally come full circle. did anyone find out if the defence missed the plane???? i cant watch this game being from illinois, so i cant suffer through this one. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BigRed66

Quote from: bull on November 09, 2010, 11:39:22 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 09, 2010, 06:55:59 PM
I'm no homer

What's a homer?

Someone who roots for, sometimes blindly, for their hometown teams...someone who won't criticize their team...the beauty of being a TRUE FAN is that you LOVE your team, but aren't afraid to call a spade a spade when it comes to issues concerning your team, such as ineptitude. The love affair doesn't die, but ya gotta be objective. Homers tend NOT to be objective.  :Twocents:

FWIW, I am a DIEHARD Cleveland sports team fanatic, as well as the Buckeyes and Marshall, and the love never dies, but I've lobbed countless F-Bombs in their general direction when the need arose...and even sometimes not...GO BROWNS!! GO TRIBE!! GO CAVALIERS!! GO BUCKEYES!! GO HERD!!

Next topic: frontrunners....
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

472 R/T SE

Quote from: BigRed66 on November 14, 2010, 06:52:38 PM
Quote from: bull on November 09, 2010, 11:39:22 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 09, 2010, 06:55:59 PM
I'm no homer

What's a homer?

Someone who roots for, sometimes blindly, for their hometown teams...someone who won't criticize their team...the beauty of being a TRUE FAN is that you LOVE your team, but aren't afraid to call a spade a spade when it comes to issues concerning your team, such as ineptitude. The love affair doesn't die, but ya gotta be objective. Homers tend NOT to be objective.  :Twocents:

FWIW, I am a DIEHARD Cleveland sports team fanatic, as well as the Buckeyes and Marshall, and the love never dies, but I've lobbed countless F-Bombs in their general direction when the need arose...and even sometimes not...GO BROWNS!! GO TRIBE!! GO CAVALIERS!! GO BUCKEYES!! GO HERD!!

Next topic: frontrunners....

Thanks big.  I think Curtis was being sarcastic so I didn't answer him but you said it perfectly.

The Browns aren't that far away.  Their only problem will be the division they're in.  :Twocents:

Charger440RDN

What in the hell is going on up in Denver today?? What happened to the Chiefs D ??!!!  :o

ACUDANUT

They looked liked crap...I swear they can't win away from home.  :brickwall:

Ponch ®

To paraphrase Denny Green:

"The Chiefs are who we thought they were!"