News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by dads_69, December 02, 2007, 01:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bull

I've never "owned" a street bike but I've owned several street legal dirt bikes. I think now I'd buy either/or instead of the combination because they are less than perfect in either situation. I wouldn't own a two-stroke though. I've got no use for those (I think the production of two stroke engines is now banned in most places anyway).

Anyway, if I ever finish the Charger and can save up about $4k-$6k I'm going to buy a used one of these:

VPFD13

I have a 02 Hayabusa right now  I have had several different bikes, dirt and street.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

Vainglory, Esq.

If you want a CAFE style, you should look at the Triumph Thruxton 900.

'Course, you can't go wrong with another GSXR.  The new Honda CBR 600RR is pretty hot too.

BMOTOXSTAR

I have a 81' Yamaha Seca 750 (in line four) hits like a crotch rocket but feels kinda comfy, you sit upright. Feels ike you are on a dirt bike. I have taken it on some long rides. I put about 6,000 miles on in a season or every 7 months. Some guys I know ride way more but miles logged on in a year never impressed me much. :Twocents:
I am going to pick up a 86' Honda Gold Wing in a week or 2. Got a good deal on it and I want to take some road trips with a MP3 Player  and comfort.  :Twocents: :D :D :D
Just sold my 04' CRF 450 Honda dirt bike, I am going to pick up a 08' this Spring. :2thumbs:
The Seca is the red bike, the other 2 are my pal's, both Yamaha, Viragos. Yamaha make a damn good street bike.
The other pic is me on the CRF :mcride: :mcride: :mcride:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

skip68

Quote from: VPFD13 on December 02, 2007, 09:21:11 AM
I have a 02 Hayabusa right now I have had several different bikes, dirt and street.
                                I had a 2000 Hayabusa and had nothing but problems with it. I got it new and it had camchain tensioner recalls, electrical issues, and spent more time in the shop than at home.  :flame: I've had 12 sportbikes and have never been left walking until I got the Busa.  :flame: I did have some fun on it Like wheelies with Mrs. Skip on back :icon_smile_big: and snapping chains from dropping the clutch in 2nd :icon_smile_big: but it just had too many probs to make it worth keeping.  I just sold my R1 and am looking at the FJR1300 or honda's ST. I guess I'm getting older and need something with a little more comfort.  :shruggy: :'(    Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jgbailey57

I started with a '82 Kawasaki KZ750 and now have a '96 Yamaha FZR600.  If I ever get a new bike it'll probably be a GSXR or a cruiser.  Depends on how old I am when the FZR finally gives up.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

Vainglory, Esq.

I think you'll be happy with that new GSXR.  The 750 is intriguing to me; it's got the grunt of a big engine, but that wonderful turn-in that usually only comes with 600s.

Skip, if you want a sport-tourer with more sport than tour (but still comfortable), you should also check out the VFR.  I had one and didn't have a single problem, until I hit a deer with it.  The FJR is a great bike too, though.

BMOTOXSTAR

What do you guys think of Gold Wings, 1984? :shruggy:
Old man bike, not very fast? :shruggy:
Can you make them loud? :scratchchin:
I found a great deal on a original owner Wing.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

firefighter3931

Give me a big cruiser any day of the week.  :icon_smile_big: Been there, done that with the crotch rockets  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

skip68

That sounds like a good deal.  You are going to have some fun with that bike.  :2thumbs: Remember,  Rubber side down  :2thumbs:   Chuck.......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: dads_69 on December 03, 2007, 10:39:47 PM
Picked up a '07 GSXR 750 today. I won't take possesion of it till Christmas though. Blue/white just like I wanted. Price was $8895.00 with zero down.  :2thumbs:
2008 bikes are $10,595.00.
Mark

Good score Mark....can't beat that price !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BMOTOXSTAR

OK,
Opinions on Gold Wings? :shruggy:
Do they make aftermarket pipes to make them Wings loud? :shruggy:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

firefighter3931

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 03, 2007, 11:29:28 PM
OK,

GW's are excellent bikes...very reliable !  :2thumbs: I'm sure someone must make an aftermarket pipe for it....the Valkarie uses a goldwing motor and there is good aftermarket support for it. Check with Vance & Hines.  ;)

Ron

Found this on e-bay :

Slip ons : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-GoldWing-GL1200-Chrome-MAC-Exhaust-Mufflers-86-87_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQihZ016QQitemZ260123927595

Full system : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-GL1200-Gold-Wing-86-87-T-D-Chrome-Exhaust-System_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQihZ016QQitemZ260121245770

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks for the input.
I am on a budget and found a line on a very clean 80's Gold Wing. For my budget I really can't pass it up.
Just the thought of a Gold Wing makes me think no balls & of some guy that wears Depends, for some reason.
I would really like a Yamaha Warrior or one of the new Raiders.
But since most of my street riding is for 300 mile rides then I suppose a Wing would be the way to go.I do not get to street ride everyday (if you count work & back) but when I do I like to put some miles on. :D
I think I will go grab the Wing before someone else does.
The guy wants $1000 & it is a Motocross riding buddies Dad's bike.
Everything works,very clean, has a CD player !
It has a very small exhaust leak on the manifold.
Wish I had a pic to post. :icon_smile_cool:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 03, 2007, 11:29:28 PM
OK,
In bike years (sorta like dog years), an '84 Goldthing is about the equivalent of a 1972 Newport. :icon_smile_tongue: It's big, with a seat like a couch & plenty of room for storage. The aftermarket parts availability is becoming more scarce with each passing year, as the companies tend to sell parts for more current bikes. You may want to check out the "loud pipe" availability on that before you buy it.
Being a motocrosser, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

My opinion is that a Goldthing is fine for some people, just not me. If I was to saddle up for a cross-country trip, I may rent one, but I don't see myself owning one. Just my opinion though, others will of course vary. ;D

I've owned my '90 Aquamax since 1996 & have loved every minute of it. A 300 mile ride on this is no big deal & have done it often.

Here it is dressed in it's touring clothes. :icon_smile_tongue:

The bike is a 20 year old design, so it's got some inherent issues like a flexy-flyer frame in certain situations, along with head shake if the head bearing adjustment isn't maintained. But for a fun factor, there is NO substitute for a 'Max! :icon_smile_cool:

I'd like my next bike to have the heart of a Harley, with the handling of a sportbike. I plan on getting whichever one of these I can find a good deal on, in the near future. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BMOTOXSTAR

I am a Yamaha strret bike fan all the way.
I was actually going to look for a nice V-Max.I think I will hold out for the Yamaha I want. :2thumbs:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

VPFD13

Quote from: skip68 on December 03, 2007, 10:33:19 AM
Quote from: VPFD13 on December 02, 2007, 09:21:11 AM
I have a 02 Hayabusa right now I have had several different bikes, dirt and street.
                                I had a 2000 Hayabusa and had nothing but problems with it. I got it new and it had camchain tensioner recalls, electrical issues, and spent more time in the shop than at home.  :flame: I've had 12 sportbikes and have never been left walking until I got the Busa.  :flame: I did have some fun on it Like wheelies with Mrs. Skip on back :icon_smile_big: and snapping chains from dropping the clutch in 2nd :icon_smile_big: but it just had too many probs to make it worth keeping.  I just sold my R1 and am looking at the FJR1300 or honda's ST. I guess I'm getting older and need something with a little more comfort.  :shruggy: :'(    Chuck............
[/quote True the early Busa had problems but its been worked out the only thing I have broke is a chain but after I upgraded it I haven't had any problems. 22K of tire shredding fun.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

ca 69charger

Here's a pic of my bike, 2001 Suzuki VL1500. I take this toy out more than my Charger(better gas mileage) :icon_smile_big:. I'm look'n at geting a new Suzuki M109 soon. Right now I'm not sure if it's going to replace the 01' or just join it in the stable :scratchchin:

Larry

Badbob

My street bike: