News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not for Sale & rotting -Cuda

Started by 4forty, November 29, 2007, 03:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 29, 2007, 11:29:18 PM
  Just offer to have sex with her in the back seat and re-live some of her old memories.  :eek2: haha
Oh that's funny.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 01, 2007, 10:09:40 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 29, 2007, 11:29:18 PM
  Just offer to have sex with her in the back seat and re-live some of her old memories.  :eek2: haha
Oh that's funny.

Just remember that is rated on a sliding scale.  When I was 20, a 35 year old girl was ancient, now a 35 year old would be like cradle robbing.  Well, maybe not cradle robbing, but I'd sure be high fiving all my buddies and bragging about it.  :D

nakita7

I honestly don't know what to do in these cases. Been through this a lot over the last 25 years. Been working on a 71 Charger RT here for over 10 years now. Yes, you can say persistence pays off, but then, one day out of the blue, it's gone anyway, OR, by being persistent, you simply turn them off or make them mad. I basically just try the cash thing about once a year. If it's a Tuesday, a full moon and Oprah had a good guest on you'll get it....

blackcharger

Just remember that is rated on a sliding scale.  When I was 20, a 35 year old girl was ancient, now a 35 year old would be like cradle robbing.  Well, maybe not cradle robbing, but I'd sure be high fiving all my buddies and bragging about it.  :D

been there, done that. I was 20 and she was 35. loved every minute of it.  :D :D :D

ACUDANUT

Now she is what ..50 and what..about 250ilbs Hey. No problem there :eek2:

ACUDANUT

I know where a white 70 Charger R/T is and I have tried for many years to buy it.  He would rather let it rot than sell.  Too Bad it's not a single lady who owns it. :scratchchin:

blackcharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 03, 2007, 05:24:47 PM
Now she is what ..50 and what..about 250ilbs Hey. No problem there :eek2:

all depends on how bad you want that car.......... :scratchchin:

4forty

Windstorm last weekend blew off more tarp, not looking too good.

69bronzeT5

charge-it

Junk. Find another dream to dream about.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

moparstuart

Quote from: charge-it on December 04, 2007, 05:05:25 PM
not !!!  big block cuda   I'll take it

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Quote from: charge-it on December 04, 2007, 05:05:25 PM

thats not junk! With the prices of E-bodies now-a-days....especially 70-71 Cudas, that car is worth alot even in that condition. It wouldnt be a bad idea to get it and restore it. :Twocents:

The70RT

Quote from: 4forty on December 04, 2007, 04:03:59 PM
Windstorm last weekend blew off more tarp, not looking too good.

Wow....needs saved bad. Keep workin on it. Frame rails are probably kinda scarry though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

Quote from: JimShine on November 29, 2007, 05:41:42 PM
My thoughts:

What is more important here? Do you want to own this car or do you just want to save this car?

If you want to own it, then do as prescribed above. Stop by, help out with yardwork and stuff she can't do.

If you only care about saving it, then tell her you will neutralize the rust and get it running for her. Just tell her you would like to have the first chance at buying it when the time comes to get rid of it.

My thoughts exactly.   Maybe she doesn't need money. Maybe she lost someone that the Cuda ties her to. Maybe you should talk to her about having you restore it for her.

Worst case, leave your info with her both something she can keep in a drawer AND in the car JUST in case she can't find the one in the drawer.  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Isn't that kind of how the Bloomington Ghost came to be in the daylight again?  (it's a low mileage 66 Hemi Charger of some notoriety in the fastback cult for those of you who don't know)

Dennis K

I agree that you should be as nice as possible to try to get the car, but if that doesn't work, you could call the city or local gov't authorities and pretend to be a neighbor complaining about the junk car in their neighbors yard, and maybe they'll send her a letter telling her she can't keep it there anymore, and maybe she'll decide to sell. I know it sounds like a dirty trick, but it's a crime to let that car sit and rot.

Charger_Fan

Geez, the first pics definitely showed it's better side. Poor car. :'(
Still worth snagging, though.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

terrible one

I think it's "restorability" at this point would depend almost completely on the condition of the frame rails. If they're shot too, then I'd say it's parts or a huge and overly-expensive restoration project (but aren't they all?) However, if it's got good rails, then I'd say it would still definitely be worth the effort. :Twocents:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: terrible one on December 05, 2007, 12:09:41 PM
I think it's "restorability" at this point would depend almost completely on the condition of the frame rails. If they're shot too, then I'd say it's parts or a huge and overly-expensive restoration project (but aren't they all?) However, if it's got good rails, then I'd say it would still definitely be worth the effort. :Twocents:

Check the thread on the Barrellcuda.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

terrible one

Quote from: Magnumcharger on December 05, 2007, 02:47:19 PM
Quote from: terrible one on December 05, 2007, 12:09:41 PM

Check the thread on the Barrellcuda.

. . . which is a 440 six pac 4-speed car. > 383 auto

greatwn73

The70RT

Letting a car set outside with a tarp on it does just as much damage as one with one on it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dave22443

Quote from: The70RT on December 05, 2007, 07:04:39 PM
Letting a car set outside with a tarp on it does just as much damage as one with one on it.

Huh?   :-\

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln