News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More rearend questions

Started by suntech, November 29, 2007, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Hi again!
Been looking around to find the measurements on the std 68 Charger rearend.
I have found total with, and all that, but i can not find anywhere how much offset the pinion is!!   :brickwall:  Anybody out there that can help out??
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

suntech

Thanks, but i have seen these, and that measure is from axle centerline (top or bottom view) and forward, to the yoke centerline.
The measurement i need, is how much to the side the driveshaft is hooked up, compared to trackwidth centerline. Going to order a new rearend, from Mark Williams.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

John_Kunkel

Stock pinion offset is 1 3/16" to the right (passenger) side.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

suntech

Thanks a lot! Does that mean that pinion to passenger side is 2 3/8 shorter than pinion to driver side?