News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Camshaft choice problems

Started by Belgium R/T -68, November 27, 2007, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 13, 2008, 02:38:11 PM
Any thoughts on the vacuum and idle with the K60?

//Per

Per, the k60 will idle fine, be easy to tune and make lots of manifold vacuum......plenty for a PB booster. No worries !  :2thumbs:

Mike is running this cam in his 505 stroker : http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,43911.0.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Great Ron!!! Seems that the biggest difference between my and Mikes engine will be that he has the Holly intake and I will go for the edelbroeck RPM.
Hope that doesn't take down my wishes for lowend torque?
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 16, 2008, 10:33:42 AM
Great Ron!!! Seems that the biggest difference between my and Mikes engine will be that he has the Holly intake and I will go for the edelbroeck RPM.
Hope that doesn't take down my wishes for lowend torque?

If you're looking for lots of bottom end torque the RPM intake will make more than you need....no worries there !  :drive:

The reality with stroker builds is that they all make so much torque that it doesn't really matter what intake you use.....the engine will make more than you can possibly hook on a street tire.  :icon_smile_big:

I like the holley SD because it makes excellent torque and moves enough air up top to keep the engine happy at wide open throttle. Both intakes are a good choice for a street stroker build but the Holley will make better top end power while the dual plane RPM will make slightly better bottom end power.

If you look at Mike's dyno sheets it's obvious that torque is not an issue.....600ftlbs is a ton of power on the street  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

:2thumbs: Will order the K60 and keep you updated along the build.

//Per

Ron, after reading Mikes thread again and checking Engles website I see Mike has a 112° cam while the catalog saying 108°, what should I select and what's the difference?

//Per

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 17, 2008, 10:33:58 AM
:2thumbs: Will order the K60 and keep you updated along the build.

//Per

Ron, after reading Mikes thread again and checking Engles website I see Mike has a 112° cam while the catalog saying 108°, what should I select and what's the difference?

//Per

Mike's cam was a custom order that is designed to mellow out the idle and increse manifold vacuum for power brakes. Wide lobed profiles extend the powerband while tighter lobed profiles create a more narrow powerband. On a large displacement cruiser build i like the wide LSA for better street manners and a wide powerband. On a more race oriented build the tighter lsa cams work well with loose stall converters and deep gears.

As you saw in Mike's build the wide 112* lsa is an excellent choice....it makes very good power from idle to redline.

Ron

Belgium R/T -68

Then my choice will be the 112°  :icon_smile_big: Hopefully I can make a dynotest in neighbourland The Netherlands because here I don't find any.
Would be really sad not to be able to do one.

//Per

Belgium R/T -68

Good news! The only Mopar speedshop in Belgium will install a Dyno!  :2thumbs: Just in time for my stroker.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 25, 2008, 07:49:09 AM
Good news! The only Mopar speedshop in Belgium will install a Dyno!  :2thumbs: Just in time for my stroker.

Excellent....you will enjoy the experience !  :2thumbs:

Ron