News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"What's In Store " for Carlisle 2008

Started by 71ChallengeHer, November 27, 2007, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

If you have a 68 or a Panther Pink car or are a Young Gun, check out the forum.http://www.carlisleforums.com/showthread.php?t=1790

HITMAN 149

even if my 68 is done in time???? it's aint gonna be panther pink!!! and it certainley aint gonna be original either!!!!!!!! LOL!!
but i plan on being there either way!!!!!!!!!
wooooo-hoooooooo fire up the blender!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on November 29, 2007, 11:12:19 PM
even if my 68 is done in time???? it's aint gonna be panther pink!!! and it certainley aint gonna be original either!!!!!!!! LOL!!
but i plan on being there either way!!!!!!!!!
wooooo-hoooooooo fire up the blender!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:
:2thumbs:
are you buying the gas :rofl: :rofl:

HITMAN 149

hehehe well at these gas prices.... it may be cheaper to for me to buy the blender!!! LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

THE COLONEL

I should be there again with The Colonel!! :icon_smile_cool:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Charger-Bodie

I will be there ! thats new cause Ive never been before!! :coolgleamA:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparguy01

maybe this year the supposed young gun winner wont have a 70 hemicuda. That's what always bugged me about that class, lots of younger guys build cars, but how do they compete with a car like that? no 17 year old has a hemicuda thats fully restored unless it was given to them (doubtful, but crazier things have happened I guess)

Bob

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Bob on January 18, 2008, 09:33:59 AM
Yepper, I'll be there as usual.
Bob
Hopefully you can meet up with us and ralley up with the Mopar Crew. :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparguy01 on January 06, 2008, 12:09:48 PM
maybe this year the supposed young gun winner wont have a 70 hemicuda. That's what always bugged me about that class, lots of younger guys build cars, but how do they compete with a car like that? no 17 year old has a hemicuda thats fully restored unless it was given to them (doubtful, but crazier things have happened I guess)

The young guns is a new class at Carlisle this year. :shruggy:

TUFCAT

I won't be there this year  :'(  But others should strongly consider going........its the best show of the Mopar season!

just FYI - - get to know Jackie - -  she's a sweetheart ....and always has Cold beer!  :cheers:  THANKS JACKIE!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 20, 2008, 03:36:27 PM
I won't be there this year  :'(  But others should strongly consider going........its the best show of the Mopar season!

just FYI - - get to know Jackie - -  she's a sweetheart ....and always has Cold beer!  :cheers:  THANKS JACKIE!
Awww, Shelby is gonna be disappointed. :'(   We'll both miss you.  :cheers:  Shelby said to tell you, hi and she misses you.

TUFCAT

That's very sweet.  I'll really miss both of you  :'(

Bob

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on January 18, 2008, 09:42:08 PM
Bob

Sounds good to me.
Thanks

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Bob on January 21, 2008, 12:37:07 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on January 18, 2008, 09:42:08 PM
Bob

Sounds good to me.
Thanks
I'm sure we'll see each other at a show before Carlisle. :cheers:

Bob

bordin34

I will hopefully be there in the 1973 Charger, probably just for a day though.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

69_500

I'll be at Carlisle yet again this year. Maybe this time I'll even drive the Charger over. Doubt it, but always plan on it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on January 28, 2008, 06:15:04 PM
I'll be at Carlisle yet again this year. Maybe this time I'll even drive the Charger over. Doubt it, but always plan on it.

Where have I heard that before? :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bordin34

Is there any hotel that everybody is staying at?

Mahwah,NJ

69_500

I think that you hear it every year. I know I was 90% sure I was going to drive the 500 over last year, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm hoping to swap the rear end out here in a few weeks, which should make long trips much more enjoyable.

4aThrill

There's a Young Guns corner sweet,:punkrocka: It would be really something if I can bring her, but for now she is getting a full restore done, I am suppose to get her back in the April time frame. :drool5: The plan was to take her to this show, before I go past 25 this year but if not then defiantly the following year.   I know taking her apart was easy, but putting her back together will be the real challenge, not to scratch the paint or making some type of mistake that will cost more.:scope:  I have been thinking of asking some car guys around work to help me out on weekends to get her back together for this car show. I know they would like to help out, but where the car is located will be a different story. :shortbus: I have already two guys helping me out kind of. One guy he works the weekends but is off Thursday and Friday and the other guy is off the weekends but is going through rough times. So it's a fifty/fifty chance that I can get either of them helping on the car with me. In other words it will be slow process getting her back together but slow is good. If anyone does have some extra time and lives in the area I would really appreciate the help on getting her back together.:cheers:  If I don't get her back together in time I am still going to the show there is no doubt in that. :coolgleamA: The car is a 71 Charger 500, pretty much stock, but with some different features about her that so far everyone approves of.  :drool5: I look forward to reading all of comments.

bordin34

If I sign up for the young gun class, can I still register under the Dc.com name so it goes toward the tent or no.  If my car has proven it's reliability by then I want to show it. See everybody at Carlisle.

Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on February 07, 2008, 06:43:39 PM
If I sign up for the young gun class, can I still register under the Dc.com name so it goes toward the tent or no.  If my car has proven it's reliability by then I want to show it. See everybody at Carlisle.
You can register DC as your club, no matter what class you are in. :2thumbs:

JimsSE

I'll be there on Saturday.  Went on Sunday last year and didn't have enough time to really look around. 

I still haven't taken either of my cars there yet.  Does anyone just take theirs for one day and put them in the show?  Or do you all take 'um for most of the weekend.  I wouldn't mind going for the day but not sure I want to do the weekend.

I'm just about 2 hours away (Williamsport, Pa.).

Thoughts?

Jim

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: JimsSE on February 07, 2008, 10:20:15 PM
I'll be there on Saturday.  Went on Sunday last year and didn't have enough time to really look around. 

I still haven't taken either of my cars there yet.  Does anyone just take theirs for one day and put them in the show?  Or do you all take 'um for most of the weekend.  I wouldn't mind going for the day but not sure I want to do the weekend.

I'm just about 2 hours away (Williamsport, Pa.).

Thoughts?

Jim
If you decided to go just 1 day. Go Sat. That's when the show field is judged and a lot more cars are there then on Friday.

JimsSE

Thanks Jackie,

Maybe I'll bring one down for the day.  Probably the Magnum.  Anyplace specific you all congregate?

Jim

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: JimsSE on February 07, 2008, 10:48:54 PM
Thanks Jackie,

Maybe I'll bring one down for the day.  Probably the Magnum.  Anyplace specific you all congregate?

Jim
Hopefully, we'll have a tent again this year.

AKcharger

Moparsue and I will be there...has anyone volunteered/been elected at tent Point of Contact (POC)? Tent is a MUST!

FLG

I'll be there, the 73 is in driver shape...so def not showing for awhile. But ill keep on eye on this thread about the tent.

1969chargerrtse

I'll be there as long as no rain is in site for the entire month and the humidity is low.  I'm not crazy about hot sun on my baby either.  I hope to go for an all day Saturday event and hook up with many of my wonderful forum friends.  My car will be the lovely bright orange 69 RT/SE with a sign on it saying " Restoration in progress, DO NOT JUDGE!"  :rotz:   I don't need any outside persons judgement on my car.  I know what it is inside and out and have no need for approval.  Sorry been there done that in the mid 80's.   :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

gtx6970

Just received my space renewals this week.Row P spaces 141 thru 146
I'll be in my spaces late wednesday thru late saturday afternoon, NOT sunday

Chris G.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 20, 2008, 06:36:15 PM
My car will be the lovely bright orange 69 RT/SE with a sign on it saying " Restoration in progress, DO NOT JUDGE!"  :rotz:   I don't need any outside persons judgement on my car. 

Believe me, Carlisle is nothing like that. Bring your car, park in the fun field and relax and have fun. Nobody cares how correct your car is.

And the weather comment? Suck it up my friend, rain or shine you should be there. :2thumbs: I speak from experience.  :-\

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on March 25, 2008, 06:03:34 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 20, 2008, 06:36:15 PM
My car will be the lovely bright orange 69 RT/SE with a sign on it saying " Restoration in progress, DO NOT JUDGE!"  :rotz:   I don't need any outside persons judgement on my car. 

Believe me, Carlisle is nothing like that. Bring your car, park in the fun field and relax and have fun. Nobody cares how correct your car is.

And the weather comment? Suck it up my friend, rain or shine you should be there. :2thumbs: I speak from experience.  :-\
I can't, I can't do it. No No No. I'll most likely run down anyway to meet everyone ( we need to swap cell #'s ).  But my Classic car in the rain. :'(   :-\   :rofl:   :rotz:
I know, Chris has already called me a Woosh.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

FLG

Oh come on, the cars seen worse then rain in its lifetime...and dont ya just love em wet?  :drool5:

Bring it bro, it gets wet when ya wash it...a little rain never hurt.

1969chargerrtse

I'm hearing ya and maybe by then I will ( :rotz: ) But this is coming from a guy that paid big bucks for his car, worked on it like crazy for the first month, then the motor went  and has spent (10,000.000) plus restoring it for the last 6 months replacing chrome and clips,detailailing, repainting, :blahblah: and then to take it on a 6 hour round trip in the rain through N.Y city ( sorry Chris )?  No no no no.  Dear God no.   Surly you understand?  I would like to see others respond if they would, or would not take their car to a show if they knew they would be driving in the dirty dirty rain?  Just curious.  I know one important person on this site with a sweet restored Charger that told me , NO.  :icon_smile_big: ( Update, and he has posted right after me )  :whistling:

Charger-Bodie

Its not the rain , its all the dirty slop that it throws up into EVERY nook and cranny posible.

Been there done that!!...... wasnt a fun week after that cleaning and cleaning.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

Swapping rear ends this weekend in the Charger 500, and making plans already to drive the 500 over to Carlisle this year. So yes, there are some of us who would make the drive rain or shine in a Classic Charger. Not sure on the total mileage, but if I remember right it is around 500 miles one way to Carlisle for me from here in Indianapolis. Thats what these cars were made for, DRIVING.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on March 26, 2008, 06:17:59 PM
Swapping rear ends this weekend in the Charger 500, and making plans already to drive the 500 over to Carlisle this year. So yes, there are some of us who would make the drive rain or shine in a Classic Charger. Not sure on the total mileage, but if I remember right it is around 500 miles one way to Carlisle for me from here in Indianapolis. Thats what these cars were made for, DRIVING.
Yes you are right. they were made for DRIVING.  But the statute of limitations has run out.  After 25 years they are to be HONERED, and only driven on warm partly sunny dry days.  Didn't anyone tell you that?  After all the work and detailing I put into your center grille, do you really want me to go through rain sleet and snow with it? Do you?  :shruggy:   :rotz:  I thought not.  :slap:

69_500

Actually yes. I would. That is just me though. They can all be cleaned up after they get a little dirty.

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on March 29, 2008, 08:49:12 AM
Actually yes. I would. That is just me though. They can all be cleaned up after they get a little dirty.

:cheers: That's the spirit Danny. These rookies with their Chargers do not realize that they don't melt in the rain. Maybe one day they will, but for now, we just have to let them be rookies. It's all good...that just means they should have more beer stuffed in the trunk of their soccer mom van they drive instead.  :icon_smile_wink:

71ChallengeHer

I drive the Chally in the rain. It won't melt.  :nana: Plus I saving all the sample beers I get for the Charger tent. :cheers:

FLG

71ChallengeHer

Last year the tent was in the fun field with the 2nd generation Chargers. :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on March 29, 2008, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 29, 2008, 08:49:12 AM

:cheers: That's the spirit Danny. These rookies with their Chargers do not realize that they don't melt in the rain. Maybe one day they will, but for now, we just have to let them be rookies. It's all good...that just means they should have more beer stuffed in the trunk of their soccer mom van they drive instead.  :icon_smile_wink:
:violin:        :blahblah:       :blahblah:   Hey, just trying keep the shiny side shiny.   :icon_smile_wink:

69_500

Nothing that a few hours of good cleaning won't just shine right back up. Then again I'll admit my car is far from being a show car. So its more apt to being driven on the roads. It is after all a 40 year old car(will be 40 this year), wearing 36 year old paint, and motor that could probably use a good rebuild. But for now, its all good to just hop in and cruise.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on March 30, 2008, 01:10:10 PM
Nothing that a few hours of good cleaning won't just shine right back up. Then again I'll admit my car is far from being a show car. So its more apt to being driven on the roads. It is after all a 40 year old car(will be 40 this year), wearing 36 year old paint, and motor that could probably use a good rebuild. But for now, its all good to just hop in and cruise.
Looking forward to meeting you.  It's nice to have a driver.  I take mine as a real nice driver also.  I'll go down if it's not raining, if it is, I'll try Sunday.  If I see it may rain the weekend, I'll take work off and go down on a week day and see who I can find.  We need to swap cell #'s by then.  It's a big place.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 02, 2008, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 30, 2008, 01:10:10 PM
Looking forward to meeting you.  It's nice to have a driver.  I take mine as a real nice driver also.  I'll go down if it's not raining, if it is, I'll try Sunday.  If I see it may rain the weekend, I'll take work off and go down on a week day and see who I can find.  We need to swap cell #'s by then.  It's a big place.

You could swap GPS locator's & still not meet.....heck we cant even get a site 12pm meeting on Saturday right yet :rotz: ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BMOTOXSTAR

I hope to be there in the Satelllite. Glad I have a 318 & highway gears in that beast. :D
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69_500

Yeah the group meetings never happen as well as planned do they? We did wind up with a rather large group photo last year though.

andy74

im planning on going this year,missed last year but the year before was awesome! :cheers: :cheers:

sick dawg

I'm driving rain or shine.  Since my orange 69 is done, I'll just have to plan on being able to hit a gas station every hundred miles or so. :brickwall:

TripleBlackGator

I didn't look through ALL the posts so this may be posted elsewhere but this year is the "First ever" Engine Giveaway. It's a 505 Stroker Wedge with Aluminum heads. I would rather have that than any of the cars they gave away in the past decade!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Just 6T9 CHGR

I absolutely agree!   I just got the flyer today in the mail....Ill be pre registering tonight as well :cheers:

PS-----dont forget to add DodgeCharger.com as your "club"
:thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71ChallengeHer

Shelby and I are both registered. :2thumbs: Plus I'm saving up all the beer samples for the DC tent. :cheers:

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 18, 2008, 05:10:44 PM
Shelby and I are both registered. :2thumbs: Plus I'm saving up all the beer samples for the DC tent. :cheers:

Do not forget the Ynueling.(I always spell it wrong) :D
I am driving the Satellite, well the RunnerLite as it will be. I am in between cloning but IO do not care. I am going t drive it anyway.
I want to bring the Charger but I have a 5 HR drive and the Satellite has the 318 with the highway gears.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

4cruzin

I'll be there all weekend again and look forward to shootin the sh!t with some of the members.  Hopefully the weather blesses us with some nice weather this year! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

FLG

Alright guys, plans are to get their early saturday, sleep over cousins house (20 min away), and head back there Sunday to scrap up any last deals  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

FLG

BTW, who is going this weekend?

I figure alot of guys are gonna be there in July more then now...Im going up this friday night and staying till saturday evening.

chargerkid01

I'd love to go but money is tight. there is no way mine will be done for the show

TripleBlackGator

I am going Saturday (This weekend) but only looking for tools, equipment, and toys. Looking for Mopar items during the Spring, Summer, Fall Carlilse shows is like looking for a needle in a haystack!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

David Charger # 7

:rotz: Where is this show and when is it  :yesnod:?
Charger Owner 31 years, driving #7

71ChallengeHer

FLG

Nothing really to spectacular...have a few pics ill post up later

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: FLG on April 26, 2008, 07:39:29 PM
Nothing really to spectacular...have a few pics ill post up later

Do we need to  :insertsarcasm:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FLG

To be honest there didnt seem to be anything really "Good" when it came to parts...seemed like alot of junk. I did get some Pypes mufflers though.

Heres a few pics.

And i would say the new Pypes Violator Mufflers sound good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxQuMaDIEQ

Just 6T9 CHGR

Oh....you went to the spring swap meet right?  We thought you were referring to the All_Chrysler nationals event in July.....  :brickwall:

Anyhoo, that first RR is a buddy of mines car....I wonder if he sold it?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

This guy will forever haunt my Carlisle experience.  ;)

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Chris G. on April 28, 2008, 09:25:53 AM

And why might that be? I think we could use a caption contest with this picture. I'd love to be the first to submit a phrase but something tells me I'd be banned faster than you can say H&$@!   :D

Hemidoug

Quote from: Chris G. on April 28, 2008, 09:25:53 AM

I'll be there...hope to meet up with everyone!

As far as a caption for the pic how about this.....

"Now where did I park that bus?"
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

quapman

OK, I've been through about 27 Carlisle-related threads now, can't figure out which one is the "official" thread(didn't find any sticky threads....). Is there a DC.com tent and if so, WHERE? Can I buy T-shirts there?

Thanks!

I'll be in the swamp meet if anyone needs me. M-179-182

Steve

y3chargerrt

Swamp meet? I don't think they are calling for rain next weekend.. ;)

quapman

I was wondering if anyone would catch that one!

If the weather is anything like it's been here in central NC lately, it WILL be a swamp. LOL

Thanks for the heads-up on the official thread, Troy. This is it in case anyone else missed it:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45443.0.html