News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I lied when I said that if I were buying a new car it would be a new Charger

Started by RTPTRON, November 26, 2007, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrockchrger

Nice car.  Somebody down here in Austin drove off in a brand new shelby a few months ago right off the transport truck!  It still hasn't been found as far as i know. 

RTPTRON

Quote from: dads_69 on November 26, 2007, 10:29:40 PM
Awesome car man! I started a thread about Mustangs a week or so ago, it got locked due to others pissing and moaning about it. Some peoples kids.....ha ha. I have driven the car myself, very cool, excels like a rocket. I ordered won also last year, might still next year, I gave up the car I ordered for other reasons. I also ordered a GT w/a Pro Charger installed by dealer, 6 grand extra but worth it. have fun w/the Shelby, I know I will if/when I get won. I've driven the Ford GT 40 also many times, holy crap they are crazy fast. I can tell you this much, at 162 mph, it still pulls with two more gears to go!
Mark   :2thumbs:

The GT 40 is just way to cool but it would have been a hard sell for the wife because of it's lat of grocery getter status.  You see, the Shelby still seems, at least a little bid, like a real car.  The base GT 40 engine, as you know, is the engine used for the GT 500.  However, the Roots supercharger is used on the GT 500 version instead of the higher end supercharger on the GT 40.

If you want a major upgrade complete with warranty take your GT 500 to the Shelby Mod Shop in Vegas for the Super Snake upgrade all the way to around 750 HP.  If you own a Shelby Mustang you can take it to their mod shop for upgrades like the GT 500 KR (540 HP) or the Super Snake upgrade to 650 HP or the Super Snake 750HP.  If you buy the lower end Shelby GT they will install a Super Charger taking it up to around 450 HP.  And the big deal is that all these mods are fully warrantied.

Anyway man, take delivery of your toy!!!

RTPTRON

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 26, 2007, 10:03:11 PM
Congrats RTPTRON on the 500,definitely an awesome car!!!!Sorry to hear the GN is leaving instead of the WRX as I have a couple of buicks along with my mopars.I have owned my 87 GN for 16 years now,and could safely say it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.Just recently got rid of my 04 mustang GT,fun car too,but needed another truck so off it went.As we speak the GN's are going up in value,where I would think the WRX will be going down,but as you say it is the wifes then it's her say.Again congrats on the 500,good luck and enjoy!!!!!

Thanks man, I love my 86 GN a lot but it is not a daily driver like the WRX.  As you know the WRX is fast but nothing like the GN.  My GN is modified and will get away from you in a hurry.  The previous owner showed me time slips in the mid 12s so it would run, at least in the short distances, with the Shelby GT 500.  I just don't want my wife riding a rocket to work everyday.  She can get in enough trouble with the WRX. 

I am looking at around $14K for my GN if you or someone you know is interested.

Khyron

Those Mustangs are a work of art. I hope Ma Mopar is reading this thread  :nana:

Great choice!  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 26, 2007, 03:09:38 AM
HOLLY COW RON  :o :o  A FORD :shruggy:  You are hard to keep up with buddy........... I figured
you would wait for the new Challenger  :yesnod:   Amyway, I have said Ford hit it out of the park
with the new Mustang......... compared to anything else out there.

Dan

:iagree: That is a very nice car....no flaming here.  ;)

But....i would have waited for the new Challenger and at least test drove it before making a final move.  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 26, 2007, 01:33:27 AM
TRAITOR!!!!! :flame:

Who ? Chrysler or Buyers ?

I think is a lesson to Chrysler... I would do it too... Those mustangs are all around down here and would buy without doubt instead a... that think called what it was called... except If need a family car. If that's the case, will remove the badges OR would go for a Magnum
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html