News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question On Dyeing A Dashpad

Started by 71ChallengeHer, November 09, 2007, 09:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

My brother has a really nice dashpad in his 79 Duster that he is juking. It's a light blue color. It is in perfect condition. My question is: Can we dye it the buckskin color that is in Shelby's Super Coupe? If we can he is gonna give it to her, since her's is cracked. Thanks. :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

you sure can!!! go for it just make sure its done right and it will last a very long time!!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 09, 2007, 09:20:32 PM
you sure can!!! go for it just make sure its done right and it will last a very long time!!! :2thumbs:
Great, thank you. One less thing we will have to buy. Plus he's giving her his gas tank and leaf springs. And her other uncle is giving her a tuff wheel and alternator.  :2thumbs:

JrJohnston

Just give it a real good cleaning before you dye it,and if you can find it where you are at use SEM's vinyl dye.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

AKcharger

I think you'll need a surface prep too...might want to check

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used SEM products vinyl prep & dye to do mine from green to black with great results....surface prep is key as well as a quality product.

Find SEM at auto paint supply stores....dont use the stuff from K-Mart :Twocents:

For the colors.....

http://www.sem.ws/product.php?product_id=190

For the prep

http://www.sem.ws/product.php?product_id=75
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71ChallengeHer

Thanks for the advice. :cheers: And,Chris thanks a lot for the links :cheers: