News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Converting an 8 3/4 to a Dana 60

Started by Rocky, November 24, 2007, 10:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

I did not read the earlier post and so I have no idea what it said or what it contained. I am answering this one because others may not have seen it either nor may others see it in the future.   THAT BEING SAID, PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT BY ANY MEANS THING THIS IS GOING TO MAKE YOUR 8 3/4 INTO A DANA 60.  It IS NOT...

That is purely for dress up. It is an attempt to fool those that DON'T KNOW...  Sure it will fool some, BUT WHAT FOR... It's like putting a salami in a tube sock and stuffing it down your pants. when it comes time to prove yourself it AIN'T GONNA WORK and those who know are gonna  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

That's almost as bad as that stick-on sunroof some idiot was trying to hock on Ebay. :rotz:

Steve P.

I don't know Bull, but I think many more people better start sleeping at the Holiday Inn, if ya know what I mean...   ;)   :rofl:

It kinda goes along with those race stickers making the car go SO MUCH FASTER!!!!!!   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

AND the 383 HEMI HEADS and on and on and on...............
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

suntech

Got a brilliant idea :2thumbs:
Take a picture of a Hemi, with dual 4 barrels, FULL SIZE, put it in a plate that fits between the fenders, and sell it as a Hemi conversion!! :nana: :nana: :smilielol:
Comes ofcause with the HEMI stickers to but on the doors. (vinyl ones), and cardboard headers!! :smilielol: :smilielol:

I have seen worse though.......... I saw a FAKE blower that was mounted to the hood!!
Nice to have a fake Dana 60 then, to awoid braking it with fake horsepower :smilielol: :smilielol:

Makes me wonder who i dumb enaugh to make this stuff, and who the hell would buy them!!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Steve P.

Well I think this could grow into an entire forum of stupid thing scene and done all on it's own..

How about the air cleaner bolted to the top of the hood. No hole in the hood,  other than the anchor for the lid.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

tecmopar

That is really cheesy, and ONLY 250.00, what a bargain. Anyone thats half way knowledgeable about Mopars will notice right away that the 2 holes for the spreader tool are missing from the back of the housing just for openers.

Ghoste

Suntech, I have seen a car that had Hemi valve covers and a Hemi air cleaner bolted to the top of a 440.  Your way seems easier but someone has beaten you to the execution of the idea.  :o

suntech

Damn!! somebody beat me on that!! :brickwall: Hehe
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

gordo1968charger

Quote from: Steve P. on November 24, 2007, 10:43:26 PM... It's like putting a salami in a tube sock and stuffing it down your pants. when it comes time to prove yourself it AIN'T GONNA WORK and those who know are gonna  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Rocky

Quote from: Steve P. on November 24, 2007, 10:43:26 PM
That is purely for dress up. It is an attempt to fool those that DON'T KNOW...  Sure it will fool some, BUT WHAT FOR... It's like putting a salami in a tube sock and stuffing it down your pants. when it comes time to prove yourself it AIN'T GONNA WORK and those who know are gonna  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Hey Steve, the salami is supposed to go in the front of your pants, not the back.    :slap:  :smilielol:

71gtx

Quote from: Rocky on November 24, 2007, 10:26:58 PM
I got the correct link to 71GTX's earlier post.  :nana:   :smilielol:

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1027889/Mopar-Dana-60-adapters-for-8-3-4-housings..html

:nana: it has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen to do to a rear end of a car. :rofl:

Steve P.

Quote from: Rocky on November 25, 2007, 04:42:07 PM

Hey Steve, the salami is supposed to go in the front of your pants, not the back.    :slap:  :smilielol:

Ummm, either way, it's still not going to do THE JOB...

My point was, why even try to fool the .ooooooooooooooooooooooooo1 % of people that would think it was cool??  You've got it or you don't.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

squeakfinder

Kinda like Homer Simpson putting speed holes in his hood with a pick axe.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

firefighter3931

It's like putting a salami in a tube sock and stuffing it down your pants. when it comes time to prove yourself it AIN'T GONNA WORK and those who know are gonna  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I hope we're not talking from personal experience here  :o

These types of problems should be addressed on the Dr Phil show....this is after all a Mopar  technical Forum.  :slap: :nana: :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mike DC

I can't imagine spending $250 and a bunch of labor & disassembly just to try to fake a Dana 60. 
(You could actually get a cheap truck-based Dana 60 put together for only a few hundred dollars more than that.) 

Although I could see the "Hemi valvecovers on a wedge motor" thing a little better. 

Supose you're replicating a vintage NASCAR stocker or something.  Some project ideas would make fun street cruisers, but they really NEED the 426 Hemi's appearance to complete the "vibe" and that can take a huge bite out of the practicality.  Real Hemis cost $10,000+ in even the cheapest of circumstances, and they're still boat-anchor heavy. 

Steve P.

Ok, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK,   you guys are making me ill.....

It's MOPAR OR NO CAR........     DANA  OR 8  3/4    (NO MIXING)     NO PHERD 9" IN A MOPAR (EVER)

--END OF STORY------------ END OF STORY-----------END OF STORY--------END OF STORY---------END OF STORY---
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Todd Wilson

I always liked the plastic stick on Blowers for your hood!

Todd