News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello, does anyone know this car

Started by jonb, November 25, 2007, 03:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

Hi Just came across this forum and it looks really good, so I signed up.
I live in the UK and own a 1968 Charger race car, I am hoping someone on here will know this car and have some details on the history / engine as all I know is that it came from California. The engine pulls like a train and I can see no reason to pull it apart just yet. Aparently the engine was built by Racing Head Services?
Plate Number was 5NAS546
Thanks in advance
Jon

RECHRGD

Welcome aboard Jon !!!!  I'm always interested in '68 California cars.  I've always wondered if the yellow '68 R/T I bough new in Pasadena, Ca. has survived.  That appears to be a non R/T, so it wouldn't be mine.  Good luck on finding out more about it.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

mikesbbody

i cant help you iether jon, but i do want to say welcome! and what a nice looking charger you have there  :2thumbs:

jonb

Thanks Guys

Just for info the VIN reads XP29H8B241783

Car was not to good when I got it, got to the strip the first time, and the cooling system did a great impression of a power shower, luckily before we got out of the pairing lanes. Car now has all new cooling system including billet water pump and miles of braded hoses. Just got the car back from Andy Robinson Race cars where I had an 8 point cage fitted, soon to be extended to 10 point. Glass fenders and doors are currently being made. Will probably be taking a one piece body mold from the car in the next few weeks, for a future project that will be  :coolgleamA:

So interesting times.

Hemidog

XP29H8B241783
X = Dodge Charger
P = Premium
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
H = 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
8 = 1968
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
241783 = 141782th Vehicle

Don't know anything about the car's history though...