News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blasting cabinet dust collector TS or Cyclone

Started by 71butterbee, November 19, 2007, 02:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71butterbee

Anyone use ether the TS VAC 35 or Cyclone DC1500. Im looking to buy one or there other and would like some feed back.
Thanks

Chatt69chgr

I'am not sure what those dust collectors look like.  This is probably not much help but I picked up a wall mounting Shop-Vac at Home Depot on clearance for very little money.  I mounted it under the dust collector cabinet.  I know it won't last forever but it was cheap.  I would say that the important thing would be to have a dust collector that isolates the motor from the dust stream so you don't burn out the bearings in the motor with the abrasive dust.  I would think a cyclone would do this.  You definitely want a bag that pulls all the dust out of the air.  You don't want to breathe the dust and get silicosis.  A good dust mask would be in order too.  For summertime use, you could just run the exhaust out the exterior wall.  Won't work in winter since you would be sending all your heated shop air outside.