News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need info on installing intake

Started by sixpack_sid, October 01, 2005, 06:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chryco Psycho

I use them unless the intake is simply too tight to get on with the extra gaskets in there, sometimes if the heads are milled either on the deck or intake surface it can off angle & need the added paper gasket to seal

Ghoste

In other words, you nearly always use them. 

Chryco Psycho

probably 80% of the time I use 1 pair between the pan & heads

cudaken

Hum, seems this post like to move around ;D

Neil, my friend and wiser than me. I have never ever used them and have never had a valley pan vacuum oil leak. I all so never use a sealer on the intake side.

I know you have changed more intakes and others as well than I. But like I said, use sealer on the front and rear only, tighten in a X from the center like a head and work your way out in a 3 step like a head.

I feel like I have gone aginst the Great Wizard of OZZ on this one. But I have done more than one, well more than 50 and all I can post is what worked for me time and time again Cuda Ken
I am back

deathcharger71

im putting my intake of ony 360, the fel-pro gasket came with cork gaskets for the end...i believe ive seen people just throw those out and use cilicone, or should i use those and cilicone? between watching do it oyurself tv shows and reading instructions i am confused! haha

Plumcrazy

Quote from: deathcharger71 on November 07, 2005, 08:47:21 PM
im putting my intake of ony 360, the fel-pro gasket came with cork gaskets for the end...i believe ive seen people just throw those out and use cilicone, or should i use those and cilicone? between watching do it oyurself tv shows and reading instructions i am confused! haha

Just use a thick bead of silicone instead of the cork gaskets.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

cudaken

Death, total driffrent set up. Nothing we are talking about here applies to a LA motor.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Big Sugar

Can the fellpro gaskets be reused ! Or do I opt for a new one ? (six pak setup) Also are there any better
Valley pans out there ? or is the Fellpro the way to go !

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Rolling_Thunder

when we do intakes at the shop we use a set of gaskets on the heads, then the valley pan, then another set of gaskets...   needless to say we never have issues of leaks....     it does make getting the intakes on a little more difficult but is worth it in my opinion
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chryco Psycho

I often reuse the intake gasket pan , I use the 1215 gasket with the blocked crossover , no one else seems to make them not that I look hard , the Fel Pro works