News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen this 70 before

Started by oldcarnut, November 23, 2007, 02:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I thought I saw this on Ebay before so I wrote the guy.  He offered it for $7000 although last I looked it was up 12+ with most bidders canceled and not at reserve.  In the email he said "When i moved to Canada a month ago i didn`t know about the taxes for register a US model car. They are extremely high. So i decided to sell it."  Among other things "Please send me your eBay id so I will let eBay know that you are interested in the car and also add you on my pre-approved bidders list."   There is no pre-approved bidders list mentioned and I've seen these almost same lines/circumstances on some others that were scams.  Thought I'd ask if anyone here knows of the car or maybe owns the car--said his name was Matt J. Anyone else had any similar correspondence on it.  I would have done something if it hadn't seemed suspicious to me but maybe who knows  :shruggy:. I did get more pics of it but I rather be on the cautious side because if it sounds too good......   I was looking for a 70 Charger to use for a Daytona clone

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120186867109&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D120186867109%2B%2B%26sacat%3D6000%2526catref%253DC5%26gcs%3D13%26fisc%3Dc6001%26nojspr%3Dy%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1

Charger_Fan

It definitely smells like a scam. Nice looking car, but  I'd avoid it like the plague.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

:iagree:.....it's a scam all the way. No feedback and wanting cash now......he will try to get multiple buyers at one time before it gets removed. That looks like a 30,000 car to me.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tomdroptop

VPFD13

GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

oldcarnut

Hey I like that icon baby driver ultrasound gif  :2thumbs:.  Where did you get it?  I'm going to show it to my daughter who's having her first baby next May.  Maybe I'll see how the auction goes and if nothing from here shows up I'll contact the Ebay guys and put them on notice so nobody gets ripped.

70 Charger RT

There is no HIGH taxes to register a US car in Canada.  I paid only the 6% taxes on the purchase amount when I bought it across the border last December.  SCAM

Randall in Alberta
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

oldcarnut

I went ahead and asked them to look into it.  If it's not there in 12hrs then we know.  I had a friend sometime back that had his Charger auction copied and posted into a Yahoo auction during the same time frame.  He managed to get with the authorities and they busted the guy.  Turned out that they had been looking for him for a while as he had scammed many thousands of dollars from folks.

69_500

The ad has already been pulled off.

remta1

....first rule of recognising a scam , if its too good to be true then it probably is

...second rule of recognising a scam ...if it starts with "yeehaaaaaarghh " or " ideal father son project "  :eek2: :lol: :smilielol:

The70RT

Pretty much when you see a 30,000 dollar car for 1/4 price it's a no brainer.....I don't care how long ebay leaves it on. They are too cheap to monitor the creeps. They just wait for someone to contact them. Now if you put a BB gun on for sale they find it pronto :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us