News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

V2 Hemi Daytona on ebay

Started by pettybird, November 17, 2007, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJMG

With the exeption of the tach, the car is a twin to the one that showed up at Shakopee last summer.
Hemigeno, the axle bumper mystery continues!?

hemigeno

Quote from: FJMG on November 17, 2007, 01:02:55 PM
With the exeption of the tach, the car is a twin to the one that showed up at Shakopee last summer.
Hemigeno, the axle bumper mystery continues!?

We got a real good look at that car @ Carlisle this year.  Very nice car overall, but the term over-restored is definitely applicable.  As nice as that car is, I would not hold that car up as an absolute example of factory-correctness.  Hard to say what the axle bumpers were originally - although it's definitely possible they were the smaller triangle-shaped kind rather than the typical Dana-style.   :scope:

69_500

Just curious but does anyone have some of the paperwork he is listing in the acution?

•     Copy of 44 page Painting and Materials procedures which includes painting and masking techniques, trim, preparation, cleaning, drips,  flaws, stripes, interior, polishes and STANDARDS for the assembly line workers.

•     Copy of 5 page Daytona parts lists with blowup photos and detailed part descriptions and numbers specific to Daytona, dated 11-69

•     Copy of a 40 page study on Aerodynamic Development of the Daytona for Stock Car Competition.

•     115 page Copy of engineering drawings, plans and sheets. MORE OR LESS THE CORPORATION'S "DAYTONA BUILD BIBLE."

UFO

Interested in paperwork as well.I would to get a copy of that blank charger order form.

69_500

I noticed that they failed to post a picture of the front wheel trim though? So I thought I'd post a picture of it.

69_500

Hmm, now that I shrunk that down to 20% of its size its hard to see that its a modified 70 piece though and not the daytona wheel trim. Also looks like they painted one of the screws on the fender tag since Carlisle as well. Both screws were bare metal at Carlisle.

69_500

Here is a shot of it at Carlisle.

69_500

Now it makes me wonder if this car had anything wrote on the top of the tail light's before its restoration. I see in one my pictures of the car that it has the trunk light bracket, which all of the cars with the "Yes" wrote on the tail lights had as well.

UFO

Just spotted something missing--the "charger" C pillar emblem.Or Just not attached at the time pics were taken.I guess they are using the barrel nuts now that headliner is in.

69_500

I don't even see where the holes are to mount the "Charger" script. Looks like they filled them in. No evidence of a hole even when I enlarge the pictures I took up to a 30"x48".

UFO

Maybe a vinyl top was installed long ago and emblems not used after?
Or one of those whoops forgot to drill the holes.

Ghoste

Quote from: 69_500 on November 17, 2007, 01:42:12 PM
Just curious but does anyone have some of the paperwork he is listing in the acution?

•     Copy of 5 page Daytona parts lists with blowup photos and detailed part descriptions and numbers specific to Daytona, dated 11-69

I have a copy of that one... someplace.  I have heard of the aerodynamic study and seen copies of portions of it.  The other two I've never even heard of.  It would be nice to see them all assembled in one cohesive package for the world to read.

Brock Samson

BROCK

•     Copy of 44 page Painting and Materials procedures which includes painting and masking techniques, trim, preparation, cleaning, drips,  flaws, stripes, interior, polishes and STANDARDS for the assembly line workers.

•     Copy of a 40 page study on Aerodynamic Development of the Daytona for Stock Car Competition.

•     115 page Copy of engineering drawings, plans and sheets. MORE OR LESS THE CORPORATION'S "DAYTONA BUILD BIBLE."

I have the SAE Paper "The Aerodynamic Development of the Daytona for Stock Car Competition"
My scanner is broken though.
Paper 700036 presented at the Automotive Engioneering Congress, Detroit, January 1970
It was printed as an 11 page document in 1978 as SAE/PT-78/16/$02.50
Copyright 1978 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc.

I found it in the University of Texas at Arlington Library in 1982.  Not sure which volume it is in - but it starts on page 87

I'd be interested in finding all these documents myself - or at least good copies!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

hemi68charger

That thing's Sweet !!!!!  Not sure if it's going to be a top-getter, but she should fetch a heafty sum..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

I have original selling dealer paperwork on that car it was Ed Ryans.Then Chip B I recall Jim Radke and know Johns in PA.I sent him those papers and other info I knew about that car.I know some of those other papers I have 2 of them but not the 4 of them. He listed but not at all as there never seems to be a much for the daytonas as the superbird
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

UFO

Scans of the parts list are not hard to locate.In the Canadian parts book they're bound  in with the other parts.It's the U.S. version thats loose leaf pages.

nascarxx29

I have all the wingcar parts from the old loose leaf parts books on a disc.Just got to find it..The daytona parts are on 5 loose leaf pages dated Nov 1969.And this is probably one of the others papers mentioned

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

Hey guy's , not a hunk of shit !!!!!!!!!!!!! The nicest Daytona yet ! over restored , but super nice !!!

70charger_boy

Quote from: daytonalo on November 17, 2007, 08:27:09 PM
Hey guy's , not a hunk of shit !!!!!!!!!!!!! The nicest Daytona yet ! over restored , but super nice !!!

Mark my words.  I will buy that car and I will drive it every single day.  Rain,sleet,snow. 

xs29j8Bullitt

I have the SAE report mentioned earlier as well as two wind tunnel reports (the E-Series & F-Series reports, IIRC).  As with a lot of my paperwork, the reports are lost somewhere in the archive pile... :icon_smile_blackeye:  Several years ago I had started to scan in one of the reports for Ken N. (one he did not already have) to add to his website & sent him about 8-10 pages, but I never finished the project.  Another long overdue task...  :P

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

69_500

I was asking because I've seen part of the 40 page aero papers he is talking about but I'm really intersted in the 44 page, and the 115 page packages. Those really pique my interests if you know what I mean.

Ghoste

Those two seem to be the ones that have piqued everyones interests.  Has anyone else ever seen either of these documents?

UFO

I have seen the 115 page deal.Its like an instruction sheet on how creative was "supposed" to build the cars.