News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh boy. No offense if this is yours but I just don't like it

Started by bull, November 22, 2007, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

can anyone bring up the thread on the guy with the yellow car i would like to see it

BCSharp

The guy with the yellow car is from around here and puts it in shows every so often.  If you do want to invite him back I'll try to remember and pass the word if I run into him.  You may or may not be surprised to know it won a peoples choice award in at least one show around here.  Last time I saw it was in february at the big car show they hold in the rapid city civic center.  While I'll say its not exactly my cup of tea either, the way I see it is if he enjoys it who cares.  At least its a charger thats still with us and not crushed or needlessly destroyed in some crap stunt or hollywood disaster.   
71 Charger R/T, 440 4 speed

Steve P.

exactly.... And welcome to a great site.   let us know what you think after you have had a chace to look around a bit..

Please do tell him congrats on his win and to come on back....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

Quote from: Steve P. on November 24, 2007, 11:06:07 PM
I don't personally care what people do with their cars. They own them Let them do what they want. I am a dare to be different type of guy.. One day I want to do a major DTBD car. All mopar of course.. But I want to mix it up.

I wish the guy with that yellow 68 would come back. I would like to see what he has done with his car since back then. It was a pretty rotten thing we did chasing him off. What a bunch of bullies... I say we all get a swift :slap: and a :nutkick:

If anyone knows who he is I for one would like to invite him back..
agree, he's not only one that has been run off from this site... unfortunately
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mike DC

People can bash my car ideas/mods all they want, as long as the criticism doesn't get personal or below-the-belt.

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

moparstuart

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 23, 2007, 03:02:10 PM
This must be an older shot, still has stock hinges...looks like the pic was taken through the back window opening, too. :scope:

Anyone remember this car? If I recall, it was a young guy that joined here, posted a few pics, got lambasted, couldn't take the heat & left.
I don't see why. :shruggy: :D

This shows the doors tilting outward a little...still doesn't look very comfortable to get in & out of, though.

I like it and a great color combo too   , like the lambo door on a few just dont everyone do it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 26, 2007, 12:50:30 AM
Quote from: Steve P. on November 24, 2007, 11:06:07 PM
I don't personally care what people do with their cars. They own them Let them do what they want. I am a dare to be different type of guy.. One day I want to do a major DTBD car. All mopar of course.. But I want to mix it up.

I wish the guy with that yellow 68 would come back. I would like to see what he has done with his car since back then. It was a pretty rotten thing we did chasing him off. What a bunch of bullies... I say we all get a swift :slap: and a :nutkick:

If anyone knows who he is I for one would like to invite him back..
agree, he's not only one that has been run off from this site... unfortunately

We've been trying to run you off for years. :icon_smile_cool: What do you have that these other guys don't have?

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 26, 2007, 04:32:51 PM
Quote from: mally69 on November 24, 2007, 11:31:17 PM
can anyone bring up the thread on the guy with the yellow car i would like to see it
Found it; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10864.0.html

I don't see much ill-will in that thread and the guy only posted one time so I don't see how he got "ran off" as many of you are saying.

68chrgrwife

I think that the yellow car is awesome looking...and whoever knows him can tell him I said so!!!  I'd love to see that car in person.  I think that when cars are different than the norm they are pretty cool (unless it is an awful color choice or one of my cars).  I love seeing what people can come up with.  That is one thing I loved about working for the restoration company.  We got some pretty cool ideas from clients.  We had an ass for a body guy and he kept fucking up the doors when we had to do suicide/gull wing/and other new fangled doors.  We got rid of him right before we started the delorean (thank god).
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on November 26, 2007, 04:37:17 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 26, 2007, 04:32:51 PM
Quote from: mally69 on November 24, 2007, 11:31:17 PM
Found it; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10864.0.html

I don't see much ill-will in that thread and the guy only posted one time so I don't see how he got "ran off" as many of you are saying.
I agree. I'm thinking it may have just been a case of thin skin.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

squeakfinder

Feeiiw! I thought I had posted on that thread. I'm sure glad i didn't post anything negative about that POS. I'd hate to think somebody here might think ill of me.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Ghoste

He asked to be told what everyone thought and most replied with compliments.  Even the negative comments were mostly veiled in a "not my thing but if you like it" kind of way.  Bronzy and Silver have likely taken more bullying than everyone else put together.  :shruggy:
I know it's wrong and you should only say nice things, but if you do something radical to a car and ask the worlds opinion, especially on the internet, you have to expect to get some flak from somebody.
Now if you want to talk about bullying and running people off when they post about the charger sedan, that's a crime that has happened here more than once.  :P

mally69

i read his old post   and it doesnt look like anyone was that rough on him    :shruggy:

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: bull on November 22, 2007, 12:22:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-1968-Dodge-Charger-number-matching-must-see_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQihZ015QQitemZ250190469012QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ok, then keep it to yourself.  ::) More and more some memebers here are getting ridiculous and mean. Stop downgrading other member's hard work just beacause you wouldn't chose to build your Mopar that way. By the way,  I'm glad the Cody bashing has seemed to cease.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

bull

Ok, thanks WOT.

BTW, serious question about the yellow '68: how does one work on the engine when you can't get the hood out of the way?

defiance

I actually like them both - the hood thing on the yellow one is odd, and I certainly any of those myself.... . Plus, for a 72, you'd have to have a monster of a shock to do the doors :P  but it's still pretty cool.

G-man

I dont mind the lambo doors. Might consider it for my 68.

Tilar

Not me. They call them Lambo doors for a reason. Don't get me wrong, they are unique and they do look cool which I'm sure is the reason most people put them on their cars, but when it comes to functionality the Dodge brothers got it right for the 68. My son put a pair on his Eclipse and had problems with them.  Maybe if I were building a show only car I'd feel different about them.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mike DC

"It's unusual and difficult/expensive so that automatically makes it cool."   <--  Sorry, not buying it.  

Lambos probably only originally got them because the side doors were getting too long for the relatively narrow European parking spaces.  That, and the doors were so low/short in shape that they gave the door's weight too much leverage for sagging the hinges.  

375instroke

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 06, 2009, 04:55:12 PM
Lambos probably only originally got them because the side doors were getting too long for the relatively narrow European parking spaces.  That, and the doors were so low/short in shape that they gave the door's weight too much leverage for sagging the hinges.  
well, the Lamborghini's were actually designed that way. :pity:

G-man

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 06, 2009, 04:55:12 PM

"It's unusual and difficult/expensive so that automatically makes it cool."   <--  Sorry, not buying it.  

Considering

A: you dont take a car like that to a parking lot
B: its not a general vehicle that everyone can afford hence RARE

I doubt the doors lifting up had anything to do with it.

Its just the lambo style. They wanted to be different and give that car a certain feel/look to it. The doors add to the whole lamborghini flavour. Ferrari's are more gentlemens' kind of car while the lambo is just out there and looks ways better. :Twocents: