News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh boy. No offense if this is yours but I just don't like it

Started by bull, November 22, 2007, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 41husk on November 22, 2007, 04:07:01 PM
Man those are some heavy doors to be lifting like that!

2nd gen doors aren't so heavy as others.   There was a guy from around Newburgh with a 71 that wanted to do that lambo door crap awhile back.   Project was sold before anything actually got done.   

Anyhoo I'm not a big fan of the lambo doors but give the guy credit for trying to be different.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BROCK

I'm just baffled by the engineering of the door scissors :icon_smile_question:

Between the inset of the weather channel & outset of the rain gutter how does the door move out then up :brickwall:

No.  I'm NOT contemplating doing that.  Just curious :icon_smile_cool:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

moparstuart

Quote from: BROCK on November 23, 2007, 09:36:42 AM
I'm just baffled by the engineering of the door scissors :icon_smile_question:

Between the inset of the weather channel & outset of the rain gutter how does the door move out then up :brickwall:

No.  I'm NOT contemplating doing that.  Just curious :icon_smile_cool:
the hinges work two ways they go out, and then you pull the door up
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

QuoteAnyhoo I'm not a big fan of the lambo doors but give the guy credit for trying to be different.

Cutting the car in half with an acetylene torch would be "different" too.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess there's only so much I could complain about if it's still mostly reverisble.  But IMHO it's still stupid on a Charger that's so close to stock otherwise.  I think that kind of extreme door work really belongs on a totally redone hack-job you see in a magazine with 22" wheels, IRS, and a Lexus interior. 

On a nearly-stock Charger, it just leaves you crying out for the original doors back. 

Khyron

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 23, 2007, 11:00:42 AM
    I think that kind of extreme door work really belongs on a totally redone hack-job you see in a magazine with 22" wheels, IRS, and a Lexus interior. 

Don't give the guy any ideas!  :RantExplode:

:icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Nacho-RT74

I like... Dunno if I would make it, but I like to play with that idea.

BTW guy stated:
There's a simple reason why the second-generation car has inspired so much  affection: this is the best-looking car the Chrysler Corporation ever produced. The Charger wasn't just beautiful — it was perfect.

eeehm.. wasn't perfect. Aerodinamic sucks
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Troy

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 23, 2007, 12:43:02 PM

BTW guy stated:
There's a simple reason why the second-generation car has inspired so much  affection: this is the best-looking car the Chrysler Corporation ever produced. The Charger wasn't just beautiful — it was perfect.

Yeah, above 140 mph or so. How fast do you drive yours? ;) Besides, he was talking about looks ("best-looking", "beautiful"). I happen to like the looks/style/design of my dually but it's got the aerodynamics of a barn. I'd still take it over most cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sick dawg

if the car was built for those doors cool! they go straight up. kits on cars like this suck,  because you have to open the door regular and then raise it. there is an idiot that lives near me that did that to a new mustang. when he parks it he always puts the doors up and leaves it. I always hope a cat will climb in it and shit on the drivers seat one day! :D

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Charger_Fan

This must be an older shot, still has stock hinges...looks like the pic was taken through the back window opening, too. :scope:

Anyone remember this car? If I recall, it was a young guy that joined here, posted a few pics, got lambasted, couldn't take the heat & left.
I don't see why. :shruggy: :D

This shows the doors tilting outward a little...still doesn't look very comfortable to get in & out of, though.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 23, 2007, 03:02:10 PM
This must be an older shot, still has stock hinges...looks like the pic was taken through the back window opening, too. :scope:

Nah, I think that is because needs to be slightly opened to be able to open up, If not then never unhook from striker and probably would meet with fender

Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2007, 12:48:30 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 23, 2007, 12:43:02 PM

BTW guy stated:

Yeah, above 140 mph or so. How fast do you drive yours? ;) Besides, he was talking about looks ("best-looking", "beautiful"). I happen to like the looks/style/design of my dually but it's got the aerodynamics of a barn. I'd still take it over most cars.

Troy

Well, I'm being STRICTLY to what PERFECT words means LOL... I'm agree with you on the rest ;). Anyway aerodinamics affects from 0 up top any speed. Advantage, Mopar has underhood power options to beat that.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

sick dawg

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: sick dawg on November 23, 2007, 06:35:04 PM
What's with that hood??? Why???  :brickwall:

That's the worst part of it.    The decklid was pointless.    The lambo doors are up for debate - well for this thread anyway.   The hood was just retarded.    If the guy wanted to be different he could have found a way for it to open from the back.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

deputycrawford

Owning a second gen Charger is different in itself. For that mater, all Charger owners are a little different. Some people have to take a different car and make it....well.......more different. Not for me.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

nakita7

mally69

What a  yellow   P.O.S.   that ruined the integrity of the car, same goes for the lambo doors   what a disgrace  and i NEVER thought id say that about a charger  :eyes:

greenpigs

Big deal, just put the stock hinges back on.  For $12,100 I would keep looking if I was in the market to buy. Not sure if it is a bondo wagon..looks straight in the pictures to me..but not many are close ups. :scratchchin:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

But I'll bet in 1978 it could have been a monster hit on the ISCA circuit.  :eek2:

Chris G.

It's not my thing, but I'll bet it would get a huge amount of attention at a generic car show. To some people that's what it's all about. There's plenty of 2nd gen Chargers out there for sale other than this one. If you don't like the scissor door treatment (Thanks Silver for educating me/us  ;)), turn your head to the next one for sale.

Nacho-RT74

Mike DC

Steve P.

I don't personally care what people do with their cars. They own them Let them do what they want. I am a dare to be different type of guy..  One day I want to do a major DTBD car. All mopar of course.. But I want to mix it up. 

I wish the guy with that yellow 68 would come back. I would like to see what he has done with his car since back then. It was a pretty rotten thing we did chasing him off. What a bunch of bullies... I say we all get a swift  :slap: and a  :nutkick:

If anyone knows who he is I for one would like to invite him back..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida