News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh boy. No offense if this is yours but I just don't like it

Started by bull, November 22, 2007, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

i wrote the guy. seems like a nice fella. the problem i had it that it's a #'s matchng 383 2 barrel car, but yet he calls it a 383 HP twice.. i even wrote him to correct it for him so he wouldn't get screwed after the auction, he insists that it's a 383 2 barrel HP motor   :cheers:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: sure looks hard to git in n out of..  :shruggy: chargers dont need crap like that.  :rotz:  :slap:

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 22, 2007, 12:40:08 PM
:scratchchin: sure looks hard to git in n out of..  :shruggy: chargers dont need crap like that.  :rotz:  :slap:

Good point. I hope those doors go up a little higher than what's shown.

BB1

Delete my profile

y3chargerrt

He should have bought a Honda and put those stupid looking gull wing doors on that.

Big Lebowski

But I dig the wheels. I had a set just like them for 17 years. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

dodgecharger-fan

Not my cup o' tea, but not a big deal either.. it's a pretty nice car (even with that trunk pan)

He offers the old hinges in case you want to change it back..

Is my failing eyesight, or is the back window missing?
I don't see it mentioned in the text - unless I can't see that either..

Silver R/T

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 22, 2007, 12:40:08 PM
:scratchchin: sure looks hard to git in n out of..  :shruggy: chargers dont need crap like that. :rotz: :slap:

umm actually NO, door just pops up and you come out/sit down. As long as the shocks are working its the best way to go...and that way you do not dent a car next to you.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: y3chargerrt on November 22, 2007, 01:14:31 PM
He should have bought a Honda and put those stupid looking gull wing doors on that.

apparently some guys dont even know what gull wing doors are...

scissor doors

Congratulations boys and girls, another lesson learned today.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

well he says in the text the door's shocks are messed up, there's some issues obviously with that car,.. there's enuff armorall on the dash to grease a pen of pigs...
looks like an interesting project nonetheless... alittle tlc and some thought might bring it around..
it's about 100 miles north of me...
:scratchchin: looking closely at the e-bay pics,  :scope: it's gonna need some $ to bring up to my standards and about 50 Mill. to bring upto Daytonalo's...  :stirthepot:

Bandit72

i don't like the doors either, but he does say that the original hinges are still there, so it probably wouldn't be to hard to change it back to stock
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Brock Samson

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

Man those are some heavy doors to be lifting like that!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Silver R/T

Quote from: 41husk on November 22, 2007, 04:07:01 PM
exactly, that's why they need special heavy duty shocks to lift them. Perhaps he tried to save some money and went with something cheaper and they're starting to fail so the doors do not open all the way up. They're supposed to sit highter than that.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

squeakfinder

I like the color and the wheels even though there missing a center. I know the door thing might not be permanent, but still, I don't know why some people think modifying the body is OK on a second gen. Why change something thats allready perfect. It's like trying to improve Mozart's music
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

mikesbbody

bull, i was gonna post something up about that charger but you beat me to it  :lol: I agree with you all the way! there's "different" which can be cool and there's "different" which can totally suck which is what i think of this.  :rotz:

mally69

I love the Color....   I HATE the doors, i agree a charger should not have that stuff  :flame:

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Ghoste

Not my thing either but I suppose if you like Charger styling and Italian exotic doors...? :shruggy:

justin1987

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on November 22, 2007, 02:02:16 PM
Is my failing eyesight, or is the back window missing?
I don't see it mentioned in the text - unless I can't see that either..

That was the first thing I noticed after the doors.

Khyron

There's a simple reason why the second-generation car has inspired so much  affection: this is the best-looking car the Chrysler Corporation ever produced. The Charger wasn't just beautiful — it was perfect.

Then why do that to it?

I like the color, the doors gotta go back to stock, and i dig the rims.

Little TLC and she's a nice little project.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 41husk on November 22, 2007, 04:07:01 PM

2nd gen doors aren't so heavy as others.   There was a guy from around Newburgh with a 71 that wanted to do that lambo door crap awhile back.   Project was sold before anything actually got done.   

Anyhoo I'm not a big fan of the lambo doors but give the guy credit for trying to be different.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BROCK

I'm just baffled by the engineering of the door scissors :icon_smile_question:

Between the inset of the weather channel & outset of the rain gutter how does the door move out then up :brickwall:

No.  I'm NOT contemplating doing that.  Just curious :icon_smile_cool:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

moparstuart

Quote from: BROCK on November 23, 2007, 09:36:42 AM
I'm just baffled by the engineering of the door scissors :icon_smile_question:

Between the inset of the weather channel & outset of the rain gutter how does the door move out then up :brickwall:

No.  I'm NOT contemplating doing that.  Just curious :icon_smile_cool:
the hinges work two ways they go out, and then you pull the door up
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

QuoteAnyhoo I'm not a big fan of the lambo doors but give the guy credit for trying to be different.

Cutting the car in half with an acetylene torch would be "different" too.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess there's only so much I could complain about if it's still mostly reverisble.  But IMHO it's still stupid on a Charger that's so close to stock otherwise.  I think that kind of extreme door work really belongs on a totally redone hack-job you see in a magazine with 22" wheels, IRS, and a Lexus interior. 

On a nearly-stock Charger, it just leaves you crying out for the original doors back. 

Khyron

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 23, 2007, 11:00:42 AM
    I think that kind of extreme door work really belongs on a totally redone hack-job you see in a magazine with 22" wheels, IRS, and a Lexus interior. 

Don't give the guy any ideas!  :RantExplode:

:icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Nacho-RT74

I like... Dunno if I would make it, but I like to play with that idea.

BTW guy stated:
There's a simple reason why the second-generation car has inspired so much  affection: this is the best-looking car the Chrysler Corporation ever produced. The Charger wasn't just beautiful — it was perfect.

eeehm.. wasn't perfect. Aerodinamic sucks
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Troy

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 23, 2007, 12:43:02 PM

BTW guy stated:

Yeah, above 140 mph or so. How fast do you drive yours? ;) Besides, he was talking about looks ("best-looking", "beautiful"). I happen to like the looks/style/design of my dually but it's got the aerodynamics of a barn. I'd still take it over most cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sick dawg

if the car was built for those doors cool! they go straight up. kits on cars like this suck,  because you have to open the door regular and then raise it. there is an idiot that lives near me that did that to a new mustang. when he parks it he always puts the doors up and leaves it. I always hope a cat will climb in it and shit on the drivers seat one day! :D

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Charger_Fan

This must be an older shot, still has stock hinges...looks like the pic was taken through the back window opening, too. :scope:

Anyone remember this car? If I recall, it was a young guy that joined here, posted a few pics, got lambasted, couldn't take the heat & left.
I don't see why. :shruggy: :D

This shows the doors tilting outward a little...still doesn't look very comfortable to get in & out of, though.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 23, 2007, 03:02:10 PM
This must be an older shot, still has stock hinges...looks like the pic was taken through the back window opening, too. :scope:

Nah, I think that is because needs to be slightly opened to be able to open up, If not then never unhook from striker and probably would meet with fender

Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2007, 12:48:30 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 23, 2007, 12:43:02 PM

BTW guy stated:

Yeah, above 140 mph or so. How fast do you drive yours? ;) Besides, he was talking about looks ("best-looking", "beautiful"). I happen to like the looks/style/design of my dually but it's got the aerodynamics of a barn. I'd still take it over most cars.

Troy

Well, I'm being STRICTLY to what PERFECT words means LOL... I'm agree with you on the rest ;). Anyway aerodinamics affects from 0 up top any speed. Advantage, Mopar has underhood power options to beat that.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

sick dawg

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: sick dawg on November 23, 2007, 06:35:04 PM
What's with that hood??? Why???  :brickwall:

That's the worst part of it.    The decklid was pointless.    The lambo doors are up for debate - well for this thread anyway.   The hood was just retarded.    If the guy wanted to be different he could have found a way for it to open from the back.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

deputycrawford

Owning a second gen Charger is different in itself. For that mater, all Charger owners are a little different. Some people have to take a different car and make it....well.......more different. Not for me.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

nakita7

mally69

What a  yellow   P.O.S.   that ruined the integrity of the car, same goes for the lambo doors   what a disgrace  and i NEVER thought id say that about a charger  :eyes:

greenpigs

Big deal, just put the stock hinges back on.  For $12,100 I would keep looking if I was in the market to buy. Not sure if it is a bondo wagon..looks straight in the pictures to me..but not many are close ups. :scratchchin:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

But I'll bet in 1978 it could have been a monster hit on the ISCA circuit.  :eek2:

Chris G.

It's not my thing, but I'll bet it would get a huge amount of attention at a generic car show. To some people that's what it's all about. There's plenty of 2nd gen Chargers out there for sale other than this one. If you don't like the scissor door treatment (Thanks Silver for educating me/us  ;)), turn your head to the next one for sale.

Nacho-RT74

Mike DC

Steve P.

I don't personally care what people do with their cars. They own them Let them do what they want. I am a dare to be different type of guy..  One day I want to do a major DTBD car. All mopar of course.. But I want to mix it up. 

I wish the guy with that yellow 68 would come back. I would like to see what he has done with his car since back then. It was a pretty rotten thing we did chasing him off. What a bunch of bullies... I say we all get a swift  :slap: and a  :nutkick:

If anyone knows who he is I for one would like to invite him back..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mally69

can anyone bring up the thread on the guy with the yellow car i would like to see it

BCSharp

The guy with the yellow car is from around here and puts it in shows every so often.  If you do want to invite him back I'll try to remember and pass the word if I run into him.  You may or may not be surprised to know it won a peoples choice award in at least one show around here.  Last time I saw it was in february at the big car show they hold in the rapid city civic center.  While I'll say its not exactly my cup of tea either, the way I see it is if he enjoys it who cares.  At least its a charger thats still with us and not crushed or needlessly destroyed in some crap stunt or hollywood disaster.   
71 Charger R/T, 440 4 speed

Steve P.

exactly.... And welcome to a great site.   let us know what you think after you have had a chace to look around a bit..

Please do tell him congrats on his win and to come on back....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

Quote from: Steve P. on November 24, 2007, 11:06:07 PM
I don't personally care what people do with their cars. They own them Let them do what they want. I am a dare to be different type of guy.. One day I want to do a major DTBD car. All mopar of course.. But I want to mix it up.

I wish the guy with that yellow 68 would come back. I would like to see what he has done with his car since back then. It was a pretty rotten thing we did chasing him off. What a bunch of bullies... I say we all get a swift :slap: and a :nutkick:

agree, he's not only one that has been run off from this site... unfortunately

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mike DC

People can bash my car ideas/mods all they want, as long as the criticism doesn't get personal or below-the-belt.

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

moparstuart

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 23, 2007, 03:02:10 PM

Anyone remember this car? If I recall, it was a young guy that joined here, posted a few pics, got lambasted, couldn't take the heat & left.
I don't see why. :shruggy: :D

This shows the doors tilting outward a little...still doesn't look very comfortable to get in & out of, though.

I like it and a great color combo too   , like the lambo door on a few just dont everyone do it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 26, 2007, 12:50:30 AM
Quote from: Steve P. on November 24, 2007, 11:06:07 PM
I don't personally care what people do with their cars. They own them Let them do what they want. I am a dare to be different type of guy.. One day I want to do a major DTBD car. All mopar of course.. But I want to mix it up.

I wish the guy with that yellow 68 would come back. I would like to see what he has done with his car since back then. It was a pretty rotten thing we did chasing him off. What a bunch of bullies... I say we all get a swift :slap: and a :nutkick:

agree, he's not only one that has been run off from this site... unfortunately

We've been trying to run you off for years. :icon_smile_cool: What do you have that these other guys don't have?

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 26, 2007, 04:32:51 PM
Quote from: mally69 on November 24, 2007, 11:31:17 PM
can anyone bring up the thread on the guy with the yellow car i would like to see it
Found it; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10864.0.html

I don't see much ill-will in that thread and the guy only posted one time so I don't see how he got "ran off" as many of you are saying.

68chrgrwife

I think that the yellow car is awesome looking...and whoever knows him can tell him I said so!!!  I'd love to see that car in person.  I think that when cars are different than the norm they are pretty cool (unless it is an awful color choice or one of my cars).  I love seeing what people can come up with.  That is one thing I loved about working for the restoration company.  We got some pretty cool ideas from clients.  We had an ass for a body guy and he kept fucking up the doors when we had to do suicide/gull wing/and other new fangled doors.  We got rid of him right before we started the delorean (thank god).
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on November 26, 2007, 04:37:17 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 26, 2007, 04:32:51 PM
Quote from: mally69 on November 24, 2007, 11:31:17 PM
Found it; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10864.0.html

I don't see much ill-will in that thread and the guy only posted one time so I don't see how he got "ran off" as many of you are saying.
I agree. I'm thinking it may have just been a case of thin skin.

squeakfinder

Feeiiw! I thought I had posted on that thread. I'm sure glad i didn't post anything negative about that POS. I'd hate to think somebody here might think ill of me.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Ghoste

He asked to be told what everyone thought and most replied with compliments.  Even the negative comments were mostly veiled in a "not my thing but if you like it" kind of way.  Bronzy and Silver have likely taken more bullying than everyone else put together.  :shruggy:
I know it's wrong and you should only say nice things, but if you do something radical to a car and ask the worlds opinion, especially on the internet, you have to expect to get some flak from somebody.
Now if you want to talk about bullying and running people off when they post about the charger sedan, that's a crime that has happened here more than once.  :P

mally69

i read his old post   and it doesnt look like anyone was that rough on him    :shruggy:

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: bull on November 22, 2007, 12:22:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-1968-Dodge-Charger-number-matching-must-see_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQihZ015QQitemZ250190469012QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ok, then keep it to yourself.  ::) More and more some memebers here are getting ridiculous and mean. Stop downgrading other member's hard work just beacause you wouldn't chose to build your Mopar that way. By the way,  I'm glad the Cody bashing has seemed to cease.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

bull

Ok, thanks WOT.

BTW, serious question about the yellow '68: how does one work on the engine when you can't get the hood out of the way?

defiance

I actually like them both - the hood thing on the yellow one is odd, and I certainly any of those myself.... . Plus, for a 72, you'd have to have a monster of a shock to do the doors :P  but it's still pretty cool.

G-man

I dont mind the lambo doors. Might consider it for my 68.

Tilar

Not me. They call them Lambo doors for a reason. Don't get me wrong, they are unique and they do look cool which I'm sure is the reason most people put them on their cars, but when it comes to functionality the Dodge brothers got it right for the 68. My son put a pair on his Eclipse and had problems with them.  Maybe if I were building a show only car I'd feel different about them.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mike DC

"It's unusual and difficult/expensive so that automatically makes it cool."   <--  Sorry, not buying it.  

Lambos probably only originally got them because the side doors were getting too long for the relatively narrow European parking spaces.  That, and the doors were so low/short in shape that they gave the door's weight too much leverage for sagging the hinges.  

375instroke

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 06, 2009, 04:55:12 PM
Lambos probably only originally got them because the side doors were getting too long for the relatively narrow European parking spaces.  That, and the doors were so low/short in shape that they gave the door's weight too much leverage for sagging the hinges.  
well, the Lamborghini's were actually designed that way. :pity:

G-man

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 06, 2009, 04:55:12 PM

"It's unusual and difficult/expensive so that automatically makes it cool."   <--  Sorry, not buying it.  

Considering

A: you dont take a car like that to a parking lot
B: its not a general vehicle that everyone can afford hence RARE

I doubt the doors lifting up had anything to do with it.

Its just the lambo style. They wanted to be different and give that car a certain feel/look to it. The doors add to the whole lamborghini flavour. Ferrari's are more gentlemens' kind of car while the lambo is just out there and looks ways better. :Twocents: