News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator for Hemi 68

Started by suntech, November 21, 2007, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Hi all!
Planning on getting a new FSR radiator for my 68, and need a little advice.
Would like a dual-pass 26" wide, with a single big diameter fan. These radiators are pretty thick, app 3 inches, plus another 4 1/2 for the fan/ shroud assembly.
Engine going in is a WP Hemi, with Billet Specialities serpentine belt kit. Do i need to put the radiator in front of support, to make room, of will i be ok in the original location?  :shruggy:
My car is still in the US, so i don´t get to measure anything ! :brickwall:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: suntech on November 21, 2007, 10:41:57 AM
Hi all!
Planning on getting a new FSR radiator for my 68, and need a little advice.
Would like a dual-pass 26" wide, with a single big diameter fan. These radiators are pretty thick, app 3 inches, plus another 4 1/2 for the fan/ shroud assembly.
Engine going in is a WP Hemi, with Billet Specialities serpentine belt kit. Do i need to put the radiator in front of support, to make room, of will i be ok in the original location?  :shruggy:
My car is still in the US, so i don´t get to measure anything ! :brickwall:

Suntech, what is a FSR rad ?  :shruggy:

I would think you'll want a good quality aluminum rad to cool that hemi down...dual pass with 1in tubes. Most i've seen with this type of setup run dual offset fans because the waterpump pulley ends up being too close to the rad with a single large fan. The other option is to set the fan up as a pusher on the front side.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

suntech

Ron
Thanks a lot for input

http://www.fsrproducts.com/

Here is the company i talked to about radiator. It is ofcause aluminum.
I have not ordered anything yet, so i am very open for suggestions. I just want, as you say, a good quality aluminum radiator, that looks good, and room for!!

Rolf
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: suntech on November 22, 2007, 03:36:33 AM

Ron
Thanks a lot for input

http://www.fsrproducts.com/

Here is the company i talked to about radiator. It is ofcause aluminum.
I have not ordered anything yet, so i am very open for suggestions. I just want, as you say, a good quality aluminum radiator, that looks good, and room for!!

Rolf

Rolf, that rad looks very nice.  :2thumbs:

Fwiw my buddy and fellow board member Blown440 is using a very similar rad with his supercharged 440 Prostreet Coronet. He uses a high flow mechanical waterpump and a pusher fan on the front of the rad to regulate temperatures. Even in the summer heat (+90*F) and idleing in traffic his temps stay 190-200 and well all know how much heat a Roots Blower creates.  :P

The old 26in 3 core stock rad would spike up over 230* in traffic in less than 10 minutes.  :flame:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

suntech

Thanks a lot Ron!
That pushfan in front idea was good!!!! :2thumbs:
Allows a FAT rad in the original location, with no room issues!!
My engine will not be anything wild, i just want BIG displacement, and low weight, but it will be a pricy thing to fry up, so i want to do it right, and dont srew up on stuff like this!

Rolf