News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tracking device to locate your car

Started by ACUDANUT, November 29, 2007, 11:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamadukefan02

I am very familiar with tracking systems for car and especially the microtrak system mentioned above.  I worked for a short time for a small company that has the contract to market the MICROTRAK system to antique car owners, we called it CLASSICTRAK,  this system works all over North America, it has all kind of features where if your car leaves an area that you restrict it to (as small as 10ft) your cell phone is called immediately, also if someone borrows your car and they drive it faster than the preset limit you decide it calls you.  It can even tell if they are speeding on a major road where the system knows the speed limit.  I can promise you this if I ever get a Charger and when I get done restoring the Corvette I already own this system will be on them.  The Lojack system only works in a small percentage of the U.S.  and not outside the cities.  The number for the office where CLASSICTRAK is sold is 256-547-3700. 

There is also a small portable unit that will fit in your pocket for tracking kids

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

FPD031

With reguards to Lojack, we did training with these a few years back and they send out a signal and any PD car that is equiped with the receiver and if it's close enough (within a couple of miles),will pick it up. The receiver acts like a homing device telling you signal strength and direction it is from you. It works fairly well but again not many departments have the receiver.

ACUDANUT

THE BIG QUESTION....How much per car or kid.  :icon_smile_question:

FastbackJon

Would be nice. I always hate dropping my car off somewhere to be worked on if I can't be there, like getting the windshield replaced or something. I swore one time my car had like a mile more on the odometer once than when I dropped it off but I couldn't prove it.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

bamadukefan02

To be honest I don't know the price for the devices.  I left the company and went back to my old job before prices were finalized.  You would have to call them or check the website.  I do remember that the prices being discussed per car weren't bad and it was well worth it for a kid.  The small unit that will fit in a pocket was being adapted to work on motorcycles and ATV's but I don't know if its ready yet or not.  If I have time over the next few days I will stop by the office and see what I can find out.

Steve P.

I am doing some research on this. A buddy was installing these in his BUY HERE/PAY HERE cars. I will ask him about price and satisfaction. I know he traced one car to Georgia from Florida and repo'd it..

I have heard of $500 per unit to own it and $180 per year for real time tracking.  This is more for the business owner or the (I don't trust my kid), car.  It tells you if they are out of YOUR set boundary. Or speeding. Or just plain where the hell he/she is now that he/she is late. (AGAIN)....    That's when you sneak over to where the car is and pull the fuel pump fuse....   

))))RING-RING((((  Dad, my car won't start. That's why I am late.. Yeah, well maybe it's got something to do with you being in the wrong neighborhood too!!!!!    That's when you flash your headlights from a few cars back... HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO.......     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ACUDANUT

Steve, I did e-mail and call  that micro tracking co.  Still have not heard back.  500 per car is not bad.  Hopefully it will last 20 years.  What about service fee's.

Steve P.

I have not received the package from them as of yet. The system we were working on/testing, with another company was junk. This is the company we plan to try next. I want to try to get the price down to affordable. Besides here, I know some used car guys that want to be able to track down dead beat buyers. This has been the testing grounds so far. 1 out of 5 failed to do the job. In my book that sucks... What if that (1) was your pride and joy?

The past few weeks have been hell around here for me with my PC up and down and my back playing tricks on me.. I am hoping to get together with this company and see about some facts and bottom line figures. Also want to TRY to get a few insurance companies to talk with me about a break on rates once these are installed. 

I ran into some brick walls with the last company, so don't get your hopes too high... Maybe Troy will put something together in all his spare time and we can be his guinea pigs.. Hahaha...   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ACUDANUT

steadfastent

Hey Guys !! I have the perfect solution to all your tracking needs, from cars, fleet, cycles and even your children.  Steadfast Ent. is the distributer for Microtrak in the Classic car area.  We sell other products to fit your needs as well.  Please come visit us at www.steadfastent.com to view a list of our products.  Our prices are very competetive with the other products in the market and I will tell you we haven't had a complaint with how the product works.  If you have any immediate questions you would like to ask please email me at    jennifer@steadfastent.com   or just give me a call.  256-547-3781.

Hope all this helps and we hear from you soon!!!

Jennifer
Steadfast Enterprises

RECHRGD

I wonder how these things work if there is no visual access to the sky.  What if your car gets immediatley put in an enclosed trailer or container when ripped-off?   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

ChgrSteve67

$500 for unit.
$50 to activate.
$220 a year for monitoring service.
Obviously some are going to think this is pricey and others are going to think this is reasonable.

Would be nice to see a car with the product installed to see how discrete it is and more information on how it works (technically).

No system is going to be perfect.
If a pro wants your car and they know what you have installed they will get around it and you will never see your car again.
But for the rest of the idiot car thief's any type of tracking system will catch them sooner than later.
Remember these are theft recover systems not theft prevention.
You don't advertise that you have a tracking system installed.

Steve (going to install something before reinstalling my interior)

bamadukefan02

Steve,

As far as how they work on the technical side, the best info is on the website.  I know that it uses the GPS to know where your car is and if it does something you don't want, move, speed, drive to a certain area, the computer recognizes the problem and you are notified within about three minutes.  As far as how discreet the entire unit is a little small than a VHS tape and the antenna can be concealed under your dash or package tray, as long as there isn't solid metal above it.  Keep in mind that I don't have all the answers but I did stop by the local office and informed Jennifer y'all had questions. She posted her email and the website above and that is the best way to get answers

Holt