News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The "Daytona Only" Fender tab...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, November 19, 2007, 05:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

After reading this page on Daytona details  http://wwnboa.org/daytdetpt2.htm    I got curious about the "Daytona Only" tab on the Daytona fender as shown in the article.  Something looked vaguely familiar...So I trotted on out to the garage to take a look at the '70 Charger fender I'm bringing back from the dead for my Daytona clone...Well...  What do ya know?  I'ts got the tab ! :scratchchin:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

I've tried telling David Patik that a number of '70 Charger fenders I've seen (including at least one NOS fender) have that tab.  Here's a couple of pictures of a NOS "regular" '70 Charger fender with the tab... 

hemigeno

Notice something missing in that last shot?

:scratchchin:

Daytona R/T SE

hemigeno

Yup, you got it.

I wasn't sure if that was standard (to be missing the antenna hole) on a new fender or not.  I thought it was odd anyway...

UFO

I do believe thats normal to be without ant. hole.As it's easier to drill a hole if needed instead of patching when not needed.

bill440rt

If I remember correctly BOTH of my fenders on my '70 have that tab! They were also on the NOS replacements that went on the car. And, the antenna hole needed to be drilled as well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PocketThunder

Soooo what is that tab for?  or is it a mystery..  :shruggy:  the wwnboa page doesnt load for me to look it up.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."