News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it just me, or does all the crap from Year One not work!!!!

Started by ChargerHound69, October 05, 2005, 09:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerHound69

Almost all of the stuff I ordered from Year One finally started to go on the car today.   Spark plug wires, toooo short.   Cap, too big.   Heater hose, not long enough.   Air filter, too high.   Interior screw kit, all wrong size screws. :flame:

Any one else deal with this??????

hotrod98

Sadly, yes. I ordered new Challenger fender emblems for my convert recently and the pins don't line up with the factory holes in the fenders. Had to find the originals, paint them and use them instead. It's almost this way with every part out there. Even the carpets don't last very long without looking worn out. I've sent so much stuff back. At least Year One has a no hassle return policy, barring you haven't installed the part yet. Unfortunately, with mopar parts there is usually only one source for each part so every company sells the exact same part. My advice is to use oem or nos stuff whenever possible.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

694spdRT

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I have not ordered much from them to be honest...I used a local resto part supplier on most stuff in case I had a problem. 

The front wiring harness and a few other things from Year One worked fine for me. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

JimShine

YO sent me a Coronet trunk seal when I ordered a Charger. To get them to send me the right one, I had to return the Coronet seal at my expense. When the correct one came, it was simply stuffed in a bubble wrap envolope sent standard mail. That ticked me off.

Nupe

Bought the 71 to 74 fiberglass repro front spoiler used as part of a package deal of some parts on a private sale.   Guy said he had it on a 72 Charger.

Unless I'm losing my mind, it doesn't seem to fit at all.   ???   Even compared the mounting locations to a friend's original R/T and no dice.   No experience on buying any other stuff from them since the car always empties my wallet first.   :-X

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Shakey

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 05, 2005, 09:39:48 PM
My advice is to use oem or nos stuff whenever possible.

:iagree:

This is probably why my restoration is taking longer than it should and costing 3X more than it should.  I am always trying to find NOS parts or good quality used parts that can be refurbished as I do not want to struggle with aftermarket crap.  I realize that there are items that I will have no choice on, but my first choice is my local Chrysler dealer and the next choice is the www for NOS.

It can cost quite a bit more but I feel it is worth it.

blackcharger

so far the only problem I've had w/ Y1 is backorders. The R/T emblem for the tail panel for my '68 Charger fit great(was back ordered), the windshield gasket for my road runner fit fine. I waited over a year for the back orderd road runner horn before I cancelled it.
Dave

41husk

I just ordered a couple hundred dollars worth of parts suprisingly the discount applied to everything I ordered and all was in stock, now weather or not I can use any of it on my car is a entirely different question.  This is the first YO order I have made in years.  i made it on the suggestion of several guys on here after bad dealings with RT specialties, who I will only deal with as a last resort from now on even if they are cheaper.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

i got repo door handles and some rubber parts from them,the door handles fit and work perfect,the rubber stuff however,they sent the wrong trunk weather strip,and cowl seal-the door weather strips fit pretty good.i use legendary for soft parts now,and try to find restorable or nos parts.

cudaken

Between my car and friends car I have order under my name I have spent $25,000.00 with YO. Only had two problems. R/T embem for my 69 Charger paint detail's where bad, called John at YO and he pulled the box with the emblems. Told me they where all bad, go a head and use the ones I had and would send me good one's when they got some more. New ones where fine.

Bought new kick sill's panels for the Charger, did not fit well. Called John and new one's where he in 3 days, and had me keep the old ones.

This has been sometime ago, but I was treated great and 95% of the parts I bought where right.

Cuda Ken   
I am back

BrianShaughnessy

Only thing that never worked for me was a vapor separator which wasn't made with the return line restriction and I couldn't get returned mostly because I didn't try cause of the gasoline in it.

Most anything else I got from them was OK.   You can gripe about prices and shipping but with the discounts and the 8.95 S&H type deals they've done I did OK on my last order from them.   

At the very least you should have the catalog to see what's available - cause they list 95 - 99% of it..    if you want to buy it from somebody else that's fine too.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Silver R/T

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 05, 2005, 09:39:48 PM
Sadly, yes. I ordered new Challenger fender emblems for my convert recently and the pins don't line up with the factory holes in the fenders. Had to find the originals, paint them and use them instead. It's almost this way with every part out there. Even the carpets don't last very long without looking worn out. I've sent so much stuff back. At least Year One has a no hassle return policy, barring you haven't installed the part yet. Unfortunately, with mopar parts there is usually only one source for each part so every company sells the exact same part. My advice is to use oem or nos stuff whenever possible.

with paying double/triple price... my advice is just keep what you got lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerHound69

I repainted my rear emblems because the one they sent is nowhere close.  I am better off just leaving everything on the car and send all this crap I ordered back.

I have had about 4 orders with Year One, and with the back orders and parts being wrong, I probably used 30% of my parts from them.

I have been waiting a year for the white rear seat cover for my 69 charger. 
And I have to say that alot of these company's just don't care.  They get your money or my money, it does not matter to them.

6pkrunner

All the stuff I have gotten from them has been perfect. However with their enormous shipping charges, I haven't bought from them in quite some time.

Ghoste

I have always had great luck with Year One.  I'm with 6pk on the shipping though.  They screw you hard and deeeeep if it's coming into Canada.  I only order from them now if it's a large order.  If I buy a 5 dollar sticker from them, it comes UPS with the obligatory 50 dollar customs brokerage fee.  No thanks.

69hemi

I have gone off on Year One here before so there is no love lost.  The last problem I had with them was trying to use the 20% discount code on a set of Coker Redlines for the Hemi.  The salesman made it very difficult to use the discount on the tires even they don't say they are discount exempt.  We finally struck a deal and I got the tires but posted the experience here on the old site.  After about three pages I sent the link to Year One's president, Kevin King.  Mr King e-mailed me back explaining the problems with the discount codes and was very cordial. 

As far as the parts not fitting, Year One does not manufacture any of the stuff it sells.  They just re-box or re-label it and ship it out with an enormous shipping charge.  The reproduction industry has focused on the GM & Ford guys so long they are just discovering that there are Mopars being restored and are picking up the quality of the Mopar repo stuff.  NOS is still the best way to go and a lot of my resto is either the original part restored or an NOS piece.  I have used repop stuff but only where the original was missing or NOS was not to be found.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram