News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paul Newman and a '71 Super Bee

Started by JohnnyBee, November 18, 2007, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

I picked up this old movie "Once Upon a Wheel" for $4.oo .  It's hosted by Paul Newman. The film covers Indy, F1, NASCAR and more. This short clip shows Paul Newman with a '71 HEMI Super Bee.

http://www.71superbee.com/Movie/OUaW.wmv 3 mb

It looks to be this Bee with the King. ( Think this is now owned by Tim Wellborn )

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

68RT4ME

Great pic.. I like the wheels on the Bee for some reason. Simple I guess
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

TruckDriver

I like that picture with the King! Only thing that would of made it better is that if it was a Petty Blue Bee.  :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi68charger

Cool pic.. Looks familiar......  :icon_smile_big:  That is Tim's car... I'm the one that hooked Tim with his 'Bee and Chrysler up to do this promotional advertisement with the King..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

71butterbee

Thats a clone of my bee well minus the top anyway. That picture looks familiar too...think i have seen it before

hemi68charger

Quote from: 71butterbee on November 19, 2007, 10:49:53 AM
Thats a clone of my bee well minus the top anyway. That picture looks familiar too...think i have seen it before

I posted it a long time ago...... I've seen the car in person, it's outstanding........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

JohnnyBee

I got my copy of the video from Amazon. It's was like $4 bucks plus shipping.

Troy, do you know if Tim knows, if this is his car in the Video?

mikesbbody

as you said, pretty sure its one of tim's chargers (the motor trend car i think) I have not seen this pic before, i did see in a old mopar action a pic of petty with i think it was a red 71 hemi super bee (another one of tims chargers) thanks for sharing johnny bee  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: JohnnyBee on November 19, 2007, 06:25:55 PM
I got my copy of the video from Amazon. It's was like $4 bucks plus shipping.

Troy, do you know if Tim knows, if this is his car in the Video?

Not sure, I'll see if I still have his email and ask him..... That's a cool car.... Can we tell if it's a hemi 'bee?

Troy
Troy

mikesbbody

Troy, do you mean the charger with petty? we know its a hemi because all of tim's 71 chargers are hemi's plus, if you look really hard at the hood it looks like 426 hemi? (then again, it could say magnum) also, the ramcharger hood was the only bulge hood availible on 71 hemi chargers.

hemi68charger

Quote from: mikesbbody on November 20, 2007, 03:46:12 AM
Troy, do you mean the charger with petty? we know its a hemi because all of tim's 71 chargers are hemi's plus, if you look really hard at the hood it looks like 426 hemi? (then again, it could say magnum) also, the ramcharger hood was the only bulge hood availible on 71 hemi chargers.

No, I was referring to the Superbee in the Newman video... The 'Bee in the video definitely has a ramcharger hood, but does it have a hemi?
Troy

DaytonaDodge71

Yes, this is my Hemi Bee and is the Motor Trend car. I wish I knew for sure if it was the Paul Newman Vodeo car.
I do believe it most likely is due to the fact the car has printed on the Broadcast sheet MOTOR TREND TEST CAR. It was built early for this reason and probably would have been the candidate for early videos as well. Further I only know of one other Butterscotch Hemi car and it an R/T.

P.S.
This car is a survivor with zero rattles or squeaks and is the strongest car of my collection. You have to wonder if that print at the bottom of the broadcast sheet did indeed make a difference.
Tim Wellborn

evil1

Quote from: DaytonaDodge71 on July 02, 2008, 02:49:18 PM
Yes, this is my Hemi Bee and is the Motor Trend car. I wish I knew for sure if it was the Paul Newman Vodeo car.
I do believe it most likely is due to the fact the car has printed on the Broadcast sheet MOTOR TREND TEST CAR. It was built early for this reason and probably would have been the candidate for early videos as well. Further I only know of one other Butterscotch Hemi car and it an R/T.

P.S.
This car is a survivor with zero rattles or squeaks and is the strongest car of my collection. You have to wonder if that print at the bottom of the broadcast sheet did indeed make a difference.
Tim Wellborn

Would  LOVE  to see some pics of that collection , just the 71s tho   :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres a shot from Carlisle in 2006 when Tim had 10 of his beauties in the T Building

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

:drool5:  awesome 3rd generation .... remember reading the feature in a mopar mag  5 or 6 years a go ..intresting story :popcrn: 
like the wheel hub cap trim ring combo :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68rt

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on November 18, 2007, 10:56:03 PM
I like that picture with the King! Only thing that would of made it better is that if it was a Petty Blue Bee.  :drool5:
:iagree: