News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction HP exhaust manifolds?

Started by 694spdRT, November 07, 2007, 10:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Quote from: BROCK on November 18, 2007, 12:32:54 AM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 17, 2007, 03:52:22 AM
This is the better looking side manifold, 6mo after having the Jet Hot treatment   :rotz: :rotz:

Dan

Dan, is the Jet coating still on the front or the back?  Just curious, because I like natural look
on the front - well cept for where the rust is starting.

How about pics with the Eastwood paint?

694spdRT  Care to part with your overported manifolds?

The jet coating is rusting and turning different colors on the top front inside, basically anywhere
it wants to it seems.

I think I have a couple pics of my wife's 440 that we just used a wire brush on the manifolds, and we
never took them off, we just painted them in the car still, and they look much better than mine.

The first pic is the other side of my manifolds, I know it almost looks like I am leaking a little water, but no...
The other two are my wife's car, Eastwood paint, 6yrs old  :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

y3chargerrt

The Jet Hot coatings have a life time warrenty. Send them back for a recoat. I've had mine on for a year and they look great.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crap Dan that really sucks.   I had mine JH coated as well.....lasted 3 years & 2 months before a small amount of rust started to poke through.   They have a 3 year free recoat guarantee (lifetime is 50% off recoating)
They gave me the free recoat even though I was 2 months over the limit.   Its about 3 years again and so far so good  :pushup:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

Wow, If the Eastwood paint is really that good.....I may try using it first on my new YearOne reproduction set -  and see how well it lasts.....six years is GREAT longevity. 

BROCK

Thanks for the update 8wheeler!

Your wife's manold looks the best :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

resq302

I started using VHT Nu Cast manifold paint.  Good to temps up to 2000 degrees.  The only thing I have had happen to mine were some white spottting and the color turning a bronze color in some areas.  Still looks like natural cast iron though so I am happy with it.  No rusting at all either on my dads el camino and that has been on for over 2 years now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto