News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Belt Retaining clips under seat

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, November 18, 2007, 06:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Does anyone know if these clips came standard on all 68's? If not what option where they or did they come automatic with an option group. My car does not have them and my car does not have shoulder belts. Wondering if they would have come if you ordered shoulder belts.

Thanks!

:cheers:

Ghoste

Shoulder belts were standard in 68 and I think the belt clips should be there too (not sure on the clips but the shoulder belts should be there).

Charger-Bodie

shoulder harnesses could go either way in 68 :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Ghoste on November 18, 2007, 09:04:34 AM
Shoulder belts were standard in 68 and I think the belt clips should be there too (not sure on the clips but the shoulder belts should be there).

Nope--don't think so. My headliner and seat covers are factory original. :yesnod:

8WHEELER

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on November 18, 2007, 03:11:45 PM

Nope--don't think so. My headliner and seat covers are factory original. :yesnod:

Shoulder belts were standard Starting 1/1/68 in the production run, I have never seen them in a
charger built before 1/1/68................. that's when they became mandatory............

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 19, 2007, 05:02:23 AM
Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on November 18, 2007, 03:11:45 PM

Shoulder belts were standard Starting 1/1/68 in the production run, I have never seen them in a
charger built before 1/1/68................. that's when they became mandatory............

Dan
Dan,

That makes sense, my car was built in December of 67. I have the original window sticker for the car and it does not say anything about shoulder belts. Although part of the sticker is not legible either.

My car is originally a JJ1 car too. Some one repainted it Lemon Twist yellow in the past and that is what it is today. Got any pictures of your JJ1 car? Would like to see that color on a car. I would like to repaint mine original color someday.

Did the seat belt retaining clips also start in 1/68? Just trying to figure out more about these clips since mine does not have them.

Lawrence :cheers:

8WHEELER

Sure, I have a couple before the new paint job, and two after, its been painted for over
a year now, but its still at my friends body shop, so close to being done   :brickwall:

I don't really know why people change the paint color on these cars so much, I really
like the JJ1 Gold color, but it seems most people change the color   :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 19, 2007, 11:36:07 PM
Sure, I have a couple before the new paint job, and two after, its been painted for over
a year now, but its still at my friends body shop, so close to being done   :brickwall:

I don't really know why people change the paint color on these cars so much, I really
like the JJ1 Gold color, but it seems most people change the color   :shruggy:

Dan

Dan,

Very nice car. I too really like Gold. I also have a 69 RS Z/28 that is gold with a black top and black stripes. My Charger suppose to be JJ1 with a black vinyl top and gold interior with parchment pleats. All is there but the gold paint.

Thanks again,

Lawrence

Charger-Bodie

hey lawrence,, heres a pic ( one of many) of the jj1 charger i used to own had it for 20 years and it was my first car!! I also love jj1 and dont understand why people change from it!?!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 20, 2007, 07:50:32 AM
hey lawrence,, heres a pic ( one of many) of the jj1 charger i used to own had it for 20 years and it was my first car!! I also love jj1 and dont understand why people change from it!?!

That is one sweet ride.

Ghoste

You got that right!  The styling makes almost any color look good but you're right, you just don't see many Chargers in gold.

Sixt8Chrgr

Especially without a vinyl top. You dont see many that way.

Before I bought my car I looked at an original paint gold 68 no vinyl top with all the options I wanted, but I thought he just wanted to much money. I am happy with the car I got now. I look forward to painting it back it's original JJ1. It is not an R/T but I will put the bumblebee stripe on it. I think that sets the 68's off so well. :yesnod:

john108

I purchased my '68 Charger R/T on May 6, 1968.  NO Sholderbelts.  I don't know the assembly date.  Is there a way of getting a copy of the original factory window sticker and finding out the assembly date?
John

Ghoste

john108

Ghoste
YES
The Date Must Be In Code???
John

Ghoste

Bottom row, second from right will be a three digit code of either three numbers or one letter and two numbers.

john108

Sixt8Chrgr

C05=December 5, 1967 for a 68 car. My car is a C21 December 21, 67 for a 68 Car.
John thanks for the info.

Lawrence

Ghoste

A triviality, but I turned 6 the day you bought your car John.  ;D

john108

Thank you for the information.
Tiny Boppers!!
I had already been through Military Service and also  graduated college.
John

Sixt8Chrgr

Ghoste you were an old man!! I was a whoppiing 41/2 years old!