News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will the "mullet" return in 2011? Yea, the El Camino

Started by bull, November 17, 2007, 01:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

here's the only bulleye grill i wanna see commin out from Dodge....  :lol:

credit ds440

hutch

they were fast as hell back in the day.  I have seen some hot ones I would drive.  But not my ball of wax.  Get a truck or get a car. Cant have both.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 18, 2007, 04:04:54 PM
here's the only bulleye grill i wanna see commin out from Dodge....  :lol:

credit ds440

Funny, I always thought the new 300 looked like a tank.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste

Quote from: hutch on November 18, 2007, 06:35:28 PMBut not my ball of wax.  Get a truck or get a car. Cant have both.

But not much has changed really when you think about trucks with four door cabs and more luxury options than 68 Imperial.  And what about the entire sport utility market?  That whole thing is about having both a car and a vehicle for small workloads. :Twocents:

Lowprofile

Mullets rock! And so do El Caminos!!  :D

I am the former proud owner of a 68 SS 396/4-Speed car
Here's a pic from when I first got it..... :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Quote from: Lowprofile on November 19, 2007, 06:57:49 AM

How about a picture of your mullet now?

plum500

Hey man, El Camino's kick ass. Only problem I see though, is that any concepts I've seen rendered fail to get the right balance of "is it a car, or is it a truck?". If you're not sitting there scratching your head asking that question indefinitely, then it's not an El Camino :) Little too much truck in that concept.

Brock Samson

it's truly amazing how popular this thread is...  :shruggy:

Joshua

Quote from: Lowprofile on November 19, 2007, 06:57:49 AM

RULER! I can barely hear the Crue when viewing this pic. :cheers:

Nice patina on the Elky........

I'd take a mid-60's 'Camino anyday over ANY '72 and newer Mopar junk heap.....

CB

I dig the old caminos  :yesnod:

'72 and up they looked like crap.
:Twocents:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Mike DC

Two pages on this thread, and I still don't think I've heard anyone hit on the most obvious reasoning to bring this thing back yet. 

Forget the nostalgia retro market, forget the sports car market, forget the SUV/UTE market, and forget even the "cute" market.  I don't think the real reason is anything nearly that fun: 

When we're talking about $3-4/gallon gasoline and draconian CAFE standards, the Elky/Ranchero models might become the only remotely affordable way to feed a vehicle with a pickup bed, period. 

Brock Samson

I wonder if GM will survive long enough to bring the rancharo from down under back to the USA and, if they do... if they will sell enough to make it worthwhile to do so...
I  think the popularity of this thread is from El Camino fans Googleing El Camino and ending up here...
but i do know whenever i look to see who's online there's at least one guest on this thread...  :shruggy:

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Back N Black

I have a buddy that is bald on top of his head and he has a scullet! but he drives a ford pickup, so i guess it dosent count.  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

I hear this is what Chevrolet is gonna market as the next El Camino..

A good thing as i'm sure we'd never go for the Aussie Pontiac Version or it's stable mates...  :P

Landonsrt

I was in Cozumel three years ago and the El Camino was everywhere. Looked exactly like the one pictured. It might have been a holden version but i swear it had a bowtie on the front. Just like they still offer the Ramcharger in Mexico too.

quapman

That Holden thing doesn't look bad, but the Camaro version is  :eek2: .

Rob Wolf from MCG still has a mullet. Then again, he still thinks he's 16.  :smilielol:

GreenMachine

I saw a concept El Camino in person during the mid 90's. It was based on the Impala SS, I thought it looked pretty good. When I googled a pic of it, it's not as cool as I remember.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Mike DC

IMHO Elkys are cool as classic old V8 RWD cars first, and as Elkys a distant second.

If an Elky is not from a classic era then forget it.  That goes for re-introductions too.   

moparstuart

:drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

b5blue

Many don't know that they were a station wagon chassis modification.

bull

Seems to me they could have spent another $10/35 minutes on that white car and finished off the plywood tonneau cover. :shruggy: That or leave it shut.

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on September 13, 2009, 06:23:16 PM
Seems to me they could have spent another $10/35 minutes on that white car and finished off the plywood tonneau cover. :shruggy: That or leave it shut.
but then it wouldnt be whiskey tango ,  like an El camino
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE