News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

xbox 360, or ps3

Started by miller, November 16, 2007, 09:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

which do you believe is better... I'm thinking of purchasing one and i cant figure out which would be the best, supposedly the ps3 is a superior machine, but from what i have looked at the xbox currently has better graphics (ps3 not used up to it potential) so what do you believe is the best choice?

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

alfanta

I own neither, but my friend has both. The ps3 has AMAZINGLY better graphics. the only reason why anyone should buy the 360 is for forza motorsports 2 or Halo.

the PS3 has an antialiasing engine that upgrades original playstation and playstation2 games so they look better as well. it also has a web browser, its faster, and has more internal memory. The ps3 is not yet used to its full potential, which is scary, which is why the PS3 is clearly the superior system.

Its also expensive :eek2:

If I had the money to buy either, I would get an xbox 360. why? because I can mod it to play backups of games. I have a computer so I dont need the web browser function. The online gameplay is equal for both, although Im pretty sure you dont have to pay for ps3.

:Twocents:

Charger74

Quote from: alfanta on November 16, 2007, 10:51:12 AM
I own neither, but my friend has both. The ps3 has AMAZINGLY better graphics. the only reason why anyone should buy the 360 is for forza motorsports 2 or Halo.

the PS3 has an antialiasing engine that upgrades original playstation and playstation2 games so they look better as well. it also has a web browser, its faster, and has more internal memory. The ps3 is not yet used to its full potential, which is scary, which is why the PS3 is clearly the superior system.

Its also expensive :eek2:

If I had the money to buy either, I would get an xbox 360. why? because I can mod it to play backups of games. I have a computer so I dont need the web browser function. The online gameplay is equal for both, although Im pretty sure you dont have to pay for ps3.

:Twocents:

What he said, and yes you don't have to pay for PS3 online.  The other thing to consider is this, the PS3 has a blue ray drive built into, hdmi support.  Unfortunately the newer ones will not be able to play older games on it, they got rid of the emulator hardware piece.   The Xbox uses a seperate HD DVD drive that is an extra $200-$300.   The xbox does have a larger game library than PS does. 

The most to consider is this, what type of games you want to play, go to each one's website and see who has the games you want to play.  Oh, one more thing to consider is this:  PS3's so far from what I've been hearing have not had any hardware problems, while the 360 has and still does to the point the Microsoft had to extend their warranty on 360's to 3 years.  I know, just had to send my 360 in after the ring of death.

HITMAN 149

i'm happy with my PS2!!! hahahaha
i actually still have some of my SEGA games!!! the sega is long gone from an old relationship... it didn't survive :rotz:!!! LOL
it's a 50/50 shot.. i have friends that have one or the other and or both!! and it's just like the my car is better N faster than your car debate!!
hahaha
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

NYCMille

I have the 360 and really like it. I would've bought the PS3 but the lack of good games kept me away... right now I'm just waiting for GTA4 to come out... OOOH MOMMA!! :D

HITMAN 149

hitman (obviously) is my fav game... sure my luck when they come out with the next one... it'll be for friggin ps3!! bastards!!! they just keep sucking us in!!!! :icon_smile_blackeye:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Just 6T9 CHGR

My kids want the Wii this year.....figured I'd start looking early for Christmas......apparently not early enough because they are sold out everywhere :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

I have xbox 360 and love it, you dont really need to spend extra $$ on PS3, they're overrated.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rav440

ill get a PS 3 when METAL GEAR 4 comes out or if a new RESIDENT EVIL is released , or when i get really boared this winter , my friggn PS2 wont read game anymore . :flame:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

2Gunz

Computer games are better than all of them.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

runningman

Getting my son the ps3 for Christmas so I can have a blu ray player for my new 1080p tv  ;) , he has a 360 in his room as well.  Not sure which is better............yet

bordin34

I have a PS3. Amazing system and graphics, but it has yet to see it's potential and the game selection is pretty bad right now. I wanted to buy Ace Combat 6 but it is only made for Xbox 360.  It has a realy shiny mirror-like finish.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

devilgear

I am huge into games and I can tell you this...The 360 is the system to get. The PS3 DOES NOT have better graphics. That is a common misconseption. The machines are very close, but the games for the PS3 are harder to make too. The 360 has soo much more  to offer than the PS3 it's not funny. Yeah you may not pay for the PS3 online part, but you get what you pay for too. XBOX live is waaaay better than anything Sony has to offer. I can play new online games like Halo 3, and old arcade games like Pac-man, Joust etc, also I can chat with friends and see them with our Live cameras. We can put our faces on our players in RB6 so it is really us in the game. I can download demos, tv shows even movies in HD. Sony has none of that. Just look at the sales for the PS3.Waaaay behind everyone else. There is a reason-they have nothing to offer. The games that come out for both systems are ALLWAYS rated higer on the 360. Sony used to have lots of exclusive gaves like Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Ace Combat, Metal Gear etc, but they are all on the 360 now. Again, there is a reason. Do yourself a favor and get a 360, the PS3 has nothing to offer but dissapointment.

dongar69

PS3 plays games???  I've had mine for about a year and have not played
any games yet. I use it for the blue ray player. At the time I purchased
it, blue ray players were $1000.00 .  Not only that but it's bluetooth.
Check out DC.com on a 55" tv. View pictures on memory stick. I
bought a regular remote for the blueray functions. I like it.

69bananabeast

Quote from: devilgear on November 18, 2007, 09:10:08 PM
I am huge into games and I can tell you this...The 360 is the system to get. The PS3 DOES NOT have better graphics. That is a common misconseption. The machines are very close, but the games for the PS3 are harder to make too. The 360 has soo much more  to offer than the PS3 it's not funny. Yeah you may not pay for the PS3 online part, but you get what you pay for too. XBOX live is waaaay better than anything Sony has to offer. I can play new online games like Halo 3, and old arcade games like Pac-man, Joust etc, also I can chat with friends and see them with our Live cameras. We can put our faces on our players in RB6 so it is really us in the game. I can download demos, tv shows even movies in HD. Sony has none of that. Just look at the sales for the PS3.Waaaay behind everyone else. There is a reason-they have nothing to offer. The games that come out for both systems are ALLWAYS rated higer on the 360. Sony used to have lots of exclusive gaves like Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Ace Combat, Metal Gear etc, but they are all on the 360 now. Again, there is a reason. Do yourself a favor and get a 360, the PS3 has nothing to offer but dissapointment.

Yes the games are harder to make . Why you ask? because Sony had to invent new technology to make it possible ( getting patent etc..) which also makes it harder to produce games since no one is familiar with the technology yet.
PS Network is free  for online play , and no you cant play old pac-man to my knowledge.  PSN also has a messaging feature with friends on your buddylist . You can also DL Demos  online as well as BUY GAMES and play them instead of going to the store. Of course sales are going to be behind with a game system never priced this high before. The base system is practically double anyother system. GTA4 will be on PS3. The xbox controller is awful and bulky to me . I've never been interested in xbox what so ever. I don't think the Halo trilogy is all that great. The only thing I find interesting is Dead Rising  in which I would be able to have an all out battle with zombies  ( thanks to the zombie thread , I've read books and formed my own zombie plan  :scratchchin:
I have yet to be disappointed with the PS3..
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

devilgear

I am in no way an XBOX fan boy. I do think the PS3 is not all that bad but-for the money and time the XBOX wins hands down. I will even say that if Sony makes alot of cool games for the PS3 I will buy that too, but I don't see it happening I have many other systems as well, but Sony really screwed this one up. They rested too much on their former glory and it hurt them alot. by the way Dead rising is awesome. There is another Zombie game coming out called Left for dead that is a 4 person co-op Zombie game that looks cool as hell. Don't know if it's coming for the PS3 though. I do feal like I am more unbiased about the systems and that I went with the best system. The 360 to me is by far the best machine ever made. I am very happy with it.

Charger1973

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 16, 2007, 05:26:31 PM
My kids want the Wii this year.....figured I'd start looking early for Christmas......apparently not early enough because they are sold out everywhere :rotz:

Yes they are, I looked everywhere for one too.  You just cant find them in the stores.  Around here the stores are buying out other stores and jacking the price up and reselling them.  I found one for a little more than retail but not ridiculously overpriced, and jumped on it.  Good luck finding one.  If you look hard enough you can do it though.  I found one for my brother this way too.  One I found on craigslist the other ebay.  Both were local, brand new in the box with receipts. 

69chargerboy

360 Elite with Call Of Duty 4. The best!!!!!!!!!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

tkkruzer

:icon_smile_dissapprove: my son bought a 360 and it has been back to microsoft 3 times and getting ready to go back for a forth. they say the the machine does not cool efficiently so they quit working. I cant speak for ps3 but i'd buy an old atari before i'd buy a 360 again :flame: sorry friend,,,Tom

furbyboy

Axels73Charger

With out going through and reading all of the posts. Im just gunna say I use my PS3 as my computer. I play video games (not in the summer) I search craigslist, use DC.com and other mopar forums. Facebook, and pretty much everything else. Theres a way to upload vids now too. Never tried it though. Built in blu-ray and 1080p HD right out of the box if you have a HDMI cable. And 3D coming soon! Onlines free and well, It just depends on what you want to do i guess. But you will ALWAYS use it for something.
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

MoparManJim

I was told by a friend that knows his systems, that you can't play PS1 and PS2 games on the newer PS3 systems.. now I can't say if it's ture but I would trust him though. I how ever do have a xBox360 Live though, and I only play afew games that I like. But I think the graphics on it is very very good though. But I have also played a PS3 at a friends house one time and I think the graphic's in that system is just a hair better though, BUT without having the systems side by side and two different TVs that are side by side to tell the different's. I think it will be hard to say what is better and better for the best buck. Go with what you like to play and not what everyone else is playing. 

noff57

I would say PS3 but I own a ps3 so I may be a little bias.

TruckDriver

Quote from: MoparManJim on July 21, 2010, 10:46:33 PM
I was told by a friend that knows his systems, that you can't play PS1 and PS2 games on the newer PS3 systems.. now I can't say if it's ture but I would trust him though.

That is true, however, I believe some of the very early models you could. Now with X-Box360, you can play the original X-Box games by downloading a free ungrade. Although, my youngest son is huge in the Halo games, and those started on the original X-Box, and the first 2 games will play on the 360 version without the download upgrade.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P