News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG CLASSIC - HAS ANYONE DELT WITH THESE CHINESE LADIES?????

Started by SanDiego70RTSE, November 15, 2007, 04:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanDiego70RTSE

Hello Guys.

PG Classic advertises sidemarker lights and bezels for a 1970 Charger. Now as we all know, the 70 is unique since the lense is recessed in the bezel  - unlike the 70 Coronet, the chrome bezels are not compatible. PG Classic advertises these on Ebay for about $400/set including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-70-Mopar-Charger-F-R-Side-Marker-Bezel-Lens_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140740QQihZ002QQitemZ120184101670QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

When I talk to Mary, she says they have the lense but not the bezel. They're waiting for the bezel to get through US Customs. When I talk to Yim, she says they have them. I get the impression that Yim just wants to make the sale and doesn't care if I have to wait for weeks or months for my parts.

Has anyone bought this part from PG Classicic? Any comment or feedback on this company (located in Canada?) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mat

Troy

Buy them from the US distributors (both of whom are members here).

Hang on and I'll dig up the info........  :popcrn:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SanDiego70RTSE

I didn't know there were US Distributors. Please let me know what their contact info is.

Thanks,
Mat

Beep Beep Dave

These guys sell PJ Classic parts in the States:
http://www.beaparts.com/

Their parts will have the part number and pentastar because they are licenced parts too :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Troy

Sorry, I meant to update that immediately but I lost my connection for a while. No clue why. The member names are "CHASWINGMAN2" (Todd from T&S) and "BEAPARTS" (Mike from B/E & A). Here's a little history from Todd:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23105.msg251576.html#msg251576

Now, the US branch generally only carry the licensed parts and may be more expensive because of it (but shipping is cheaper). PG's parts may be "seconds" but I really haven't seen too many complaints about quality.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68charger383

I know PG was selling the 68 tail light bezels before Mike at BE&A said that they would have them in stock, so that might explain the reason behind the girls at PG saying they had them for sale. But if I remember correctly, it was only about a week before PG actually had them in stock.

I have bought a few things from PG without any problems...sometimes shipping takes a while, but otherwise their stuff is fine.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

blackcharger

a friend bought a set of side markers for his '71 road runner. they sent him Challenger lights. when he called, the woman that answered started out rude, and it got worse. he had to pay to send the wrong parts back, which he was supposed to get back, but never did. they sent the wrong lights a second time, he called again, and the woman on the phone was even worse. :down:

SanDiego70RTSE

Those bitches were rude to me too. They just want to make a quick sale. They may have good parts but from what I know, they are advertising parts they DON'T EVEN HAVE YET!  I'm get conflicting information from the Chinese ladies depending on who I talk to. One of the Chinese Ladies, YIN, says she has the 70 marker lense and bezels. Mary says the lense are in stock but they don't have the bezels - which are still in customs. Sure they are. I don't know who to believe.

BEA or BAE does business with the owner of PG CLASSIC.

tkkruzer

:'(well I have done business with PG and have been very happy, I had a question about 4 speed linkage and they went out of they're way to answer me. it takes awhile to get there stuff because they are in canada,but all in all I have had good service out of them :2thumbs:TK

70charger_boy

Quote from: tkkruzer on November 16, 2007, 04:53:23 PM
:'(well I have done business with PG and have been very happy, I had a question about 4 speed linkage and they went out of they're way to answer me. it takes awhile to get there stuff because they are in canada,but all in all I have had good service out of them :2thumbs:TK

Yep, same here. I bought a mirror and arm rest bezels from them.  No complaints

moparstuart

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 16, 2007, 05:10:35 PM
Quote from: tkkruzer on November 16, 2007, 04:53:23 PM

Yep, same here. I bought a mirror and arm rest bezels from them.  No complaints
i bought two 8 track radio bezel's and 2 speedo bezel's great quality and great service  they did ship me an extra part by accident and picked it up no problem 

i
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Sinister68

I've bought several items from them: Interior dash trim, taillight assemblies, & console pieces. I have no complaints other than the slow shipping time.  :yesnod:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

SanDiego70RTSE

OK, then I'm just going to buy the parts I need and WAIT for them to be deliverd.
Thanks for sharing your info. guys!!!!!

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

ive gotten several items from them also with no complaints other than 1 vaccum h/l door pod was bad, but they replaced it and sent a call tag for the defective one  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ricardo

I bought many parts to them months ago and didn't have a problem.

Fred

I ordered s/s exhaust tips for my 68 charger from them and whilst the service and shipping was very good, I received the wrong ones. They sent me Satelite tips instead and it's awfully expensive to have to ship the things back for an exchange. Luckily I had a mate who was restoring his satelite and he bought them off me.
That was the first and last time I dealt with them.
If they don't know their products.................I don't want to know them!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Fred

Quote from: myk on August 31, 2012, 02:28:17 AM
Holy dead thread resurrection, Batman!

A  man's got to do what a man's got to do!  :icon_smile_big:
Don't ask me why I did though because I dont really know.  :scratchchin:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

70 Charger RT

I've bought park light lenses and bezels and a bunch of other stuff with no problems.  I talked with them on the phone first to ensure they had items in stock then they told me to place my order online for a discount.  They couldn't do an over-the-phone discount.  But shipping was fairly quick.  I'm in western Canada however.  I have had no problems with PG.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

charger_fan_4ever

I emailed them and tried to get a parts order going for about 2k worth of parts. Sent me a list and they mixed up parts. Tail lamps instead of side markers. I wrote back giving them their correct part # and never heard another work fromt hem. Called and asked if they had plain 70 charger door panels as all i saw was S/E panels. They said yes we have them. I said ok so no wood grain. She said no they have wood grain ?

Ended up going with legendary.

If ordering i'd suggest going from the online store and adding it to a cart. They don't seem to work well with emails or phone calls.

Dodge Don

I've had nothing but good experiences with PG.

I have the 70 Charger lenses and bezels from them so they do have them...whether they are in stock may be what the issue is.

The BE&A ones are the same lenses...no pentastar on them because they do not have the license for those specific parts.

One note...the actual lense/light assembly is a tad off spec in that the studs on the back are not 100% to spec....I had to slightly widen the stud holes on the factory covers that go inside the trunk. Once the large pal nuts go on you cannot tell.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Dodge Don on August 31, 2012, 12:05:50 PM

I have the 70 Charger lenses and bezels from them so they do have them...whether they are in stock may be what the issue is.

The BE&A ones are the same lenses...no pentastar on them because they do not have the license for those specific parts.

One note...the actual lense/light assembly is a tad off spec in that the studs on the back are not 100% to spec....I had to slightly widen the stud holes on the factory covers that go inside the trunk. Once the large pal nuts go on you cannot tell.

Don did you order directly off their site via the cart ? I need markers and some other stuff.

Back N Black

I live 2 hours from PG Classics and bought from them a couple of times with no problems. The Mopar guys around here have no issues with the parts.  :shruggy:

RIDELIKEHELL

I spent a lot of money through Pg and had no problems whatsoever :Twocents:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dodge Don

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 31, 2012, 12:55:05 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on August 31, 2012, 12:05:50 PM

Don did you order directly off their site via the cart ? I need markers and some other stuff.

Hard to recall....I bought a bunch of stuff from them at different times...some through EBAY and some off their site.