News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Poll For Aerocars....Clones Or Not

Started by A383Wing, November 15, 2007, 01:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you have? What are you building? Clone or Not?

Real Daytona (not running)
Real Daytona (up & running)
Clone Daytona in progress
Clone Daytona finished
Real Superbird (not running)
Real Superbird (up & running)
Superbird Clone in progress
Superbird Clone finished
69 Charger 500 (not running)
69 Charger 500 (up & running)
69 Charger 500 clone in progress
Charger 500 clone finished

A383Wing

This is just a poll to see who's doing or done what. My name is Bryan, my wife & I built the funny looking purple nose Daytona clone back in '96 and got it done in time to drive down from Seattle to Alabama for the Aero Renuion at Talladega Raceway.

Bryan

69bronzeT5

My name is Cody...I own an imaginary Charger 500 thats black with a red stripe and a 426. :D

You forgot that :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pettybird

I voted for both running and non running Superbirds as you didn't have an option for two of the same cars running...

learical1

Where's the "well I USED to own a:" catagories?
Bruce

NYCMille

In the process of building of building a Daytona Clone.

moparstuart

one superbird convertible clone close enought to call it done , and one daytona clone project

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 15, 2007, 02:32:04 AM
I voted for both running and non running Superbirds as you didn't have an option for two of the same cars running...
some of us are not so  privledged

Old Moparz

I guess technically I'm also building a Daytona replica. (I hate the word clone, it reminds me too much of a lonely cowboy's partner, Dolly the sheep.) All I've done so far, is to collect the Daytona parts & store them. I think the only things I still need are one of the two fender scoops, the grille frame with the insert, & maybe the windshield pillar covers if I decide to put them on. I have a fiberglass rear plug for the window, but would rather use the Vega hatch if I actually put the plug in at all. I just never liked the flush window & it seems to be way too much permanent work to have something I don't really like on the car.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BigBlockSam

Quote(I hate the word clone, 

:yesnod: me too

Hi my name is Rene and I'm an alcoholic   :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Mopurr

Oops, Daytona-running is off by one Brent voted too....

Sorry.  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 15, 2007, 11:20:04 AM

hi my name is stuart and i'm a clone-aholic

daytonalo

Hi ,  :icon_smile_big:I'm Racmed , I builing a clone !!!!

xs29j8Bullitt

Well, I checked off the three non-running cars, but did not count my plans for a fake Superbird Convertible & a visual clone Daytona Race Car (#71).  I do have some of the needed parts (Wings, A-Pillar Mouldings, Hoods & Fenders to convert, Etc.) and a 1969 Charger body useable for the racer... but no Satellite Convertible to make the Superbird faker.  Lots of plans, little progress... but, the Charger 500 goes to the paint shop next Tuesday... and, I just talked to Jack McGaughey about a nose & valance for the Daytona (I hope to order one next year).

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

1968 Charger B5

Yea I remember seeing pics of that car somewhere else, looks good.  Who did the work? 
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

arrow

Yeh , remember seeing you down there in 99 - one of your pals drove a Hemi Super Bird down with you too didnt he ??

70charger_boy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 15, 2007, 11:20:04 AM

Hey, thats great to hear.  I'm Orlando and I'm an alcoholic  :D

Johnny Daytona

I Am building a Daytona clone. The score for finnished clones does not look good. Are people starting and just not finishing them or what. This has been a wake up call for me to get off my duff and go work on mine today. I feel that a clone is much more practical. I can butcher, excuse me, customize what I dont like about the originals. Mainly the rear wheel wells. To be able to put a real tire  on it and  get it lower than stock.  I did not cut mine. I found one thar the elements cut for me
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on November 15, 2007, 06:07:50 PM
Well, I checked off the three non-running cars, but did not count my plans for a fake Superbird Convertible & a visual clone Daytona Race Car (#71).  I do have some of the needed parts (Wings, A-Pillar Mouldings, Hoods & Fenders to convert, Etc.) and a 1969 Charger body useable for the racer... but no Satellite Convertible to make the Superbird faker.  Lots of plans, little progress... but, the Charger 500 goes to the paint shop next Tuesday... and, I just talked to Jack McGaughey about a nose & valance for the Daytona (I hope to order one next year).

XS

what color do you want your convertible bird to be ???????    this is my pride and joy

BigBlockSam

Quotethis is my pride and joy 

that sure is a purdy warrior . you've done a hell of a job with that car ,  :cheers:
i gotta finish mine this yr.  :scratchchin:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on November 16, 2007, 10:54:22 AM
what color do you want your convertible bird to be ???????    this is my pride and joy

Your conv 'bird looks great!  :drool5:

Originally I wanted mine to be B5 Blue with a White Interior, but later considered FE5 Red or FY1 Yellow with White Interiors... so, I am not sure at this point.  I need to locate a useable convertable first, but right now my budget is tied up with other projects!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 16, 2007, 11:37:30 AM
Quote   this is my pride and joy 

that sure is a purdy warrior . you've done a hell of a job with that car ,  :cheers:
i gotta finish mine this yr.  :scratchchin:
thank been a long hard road  ,  get your car out here larry will get it going again

70charger_boy

After looking at all these nice pics I'm just gonna give up on cloning and sell my car.......I'm not that talented and I have no friends to help  :'(

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on November 16, 2007, 12:51:56 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 16, 2007, 10:54:22 AM

Your conv 'bird looks great!  :drool5:

Originally I wanted mine to be B5 Blue with a White Interior, but later considered FE5 Red or FY1 Yellow with White Interiors... so, I am not sure at this point.  I need to locate a useable convertable first, but right now my budget is tied up with other projects!

Allen
i really love my white top and white interior   really sets the car off

Ghoste

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 16, 2007, 12:55:27 PM
After looking at all these nice pics I'm just gonna give up on cloning and sell my car.......I'm not that talented and I have no friends to help  :'(

You're right and you should sell it cheap so that it moves quickly and you can get on with your life.  You should sell it to me for a few hundred dollars.  ;) :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 16, 2007, 03:13:34 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 16, 2007, 12:55:27 PM

You're right and you should sell it cheap so that it moves quickly and you can get on with your life.  You should sell it to me for a few hundred dollars.  ;) :nana:
no me first i need it for a deal

BigBlockSam

QuoteAfter looking at all these nice pics I'm just gonna give up on cloning and sell my car.......I'm not that talented and I have no friends to help   

:rotz: poor baby , bring that old bad charger by. I'll take it off your hands. 
                                                                                            concerned friend

70charger_boy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 16, 2007, 04:55:53 PM
QuoteAfter looking at all these nice pics I'm just gonna give up on cloning and sell my car.......I'm not that talented and I have no friends to help   

:rotz: poor baby , bring that old bad charger by. I'll take it off your hands. 
                                                                                            concerned friend

Ghoste

Good pic.  :icon_smile_big:  Just give the Charger to me and I promise, all the voices will go away.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Ghoste on November 16, 2007, 06:45:35 PM
Good pic.  :icon_smile_big:  Just give the Charger to me and I promise, all the voices will go away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                                                l
                                                                                                                                l
                                                                                                                                l
                                                                                                                               \/

hotrod98

I checked off daytona clone and superbird clone. Here's a few pics to back it up. I have most of the parts for both cars. Now all I need is more time.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

sunroofsuperbird

Hi I am Marty I am A car Alcoholic and I will not buy another car!! I will not buy another car!! I will not buy another car!! Hey did you see that old car for sale  :drool5: Oh Well 1 more wont hurt  :yesnod:  anyway I Put my Sunroof Superbird Clone as completed as its close to finished. and put down 1 for Superbird clone unfinished for the superbird Convertible I am building. Would be neat to add Superbird and Datona convertible clones to that list also. I also have a project on down the road for a Daytona 4x4 Clone to go along with my 69 R/T 4x4. But I didnt check it off because I am not very far along on it and it may not make the cut  :'(
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

BigBlockSam

QuoteHi I am Marty I am A car Alcoholic and I will not buy another car!! I will not buy another car!! I will not buy another

:smilielol:   me too

A383Wing

Sorry, fergot about the converts.....  :brickwall:

Bryan  (memory failing here)

learical1

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on November 15, 2007, 06:07:50 PM
Well, I checked off the three non-running cars, but did not count my plans for a fake Superbird Convertible & a visual clone Daytona Race Car (#71). 
XS

Allen, thanks for resizing those K&K Insurance press kit photos.  Just look how well they turned out:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36264.0.html

I know, it's just another shameless plug, but that's what I do.  :yesnod:
Bruce