News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you pass up on a 71 Duster Twister in FJ6 with 318 auto??

Started by C_stripes, October 27, 2007, 10:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Hey Guys and Gals,  I found a duster that I can get for around $2000, It is a project, But it is a twister duster and is SASSY GRASS. I have allways wanted a sassy grass car as well as a curious yella car. The car supposedly is complete with the trans sitting in the trunk. Supposedly it has all four rally wheels on it still and a shark toothe grille. It is a 318 auto car and I beleve it was a A/C car.  I will go see it on Monday and get picks. I guess it is near rust free but needs resto. Let me know what you think. Is 2K too much??

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

dukeboy_318

id go for it, especially if its factory paint.  Ive always like the dusters, not a fan of the later darts though
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

71ChallengeHer

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

I wanted a 70 or 71 Duster in the worst way when I was a lot younger and oddly, I have never owned an A-body (not counting a 68 Barracuda that a friend and I jointly purchased to use as a dirt rack car).  I'd be on that thing like a freight train on a hobo if I were you.

C_stripes

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 27, 2007, 08:23:54 PM
What it looked like new, two page ad;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/1971DusterTheQuickest-1of2.jpg

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/1971DusterTheNewest-2of2.jpg
Hey Barry,  I sold you one of those ads a few years ago. Sent them up there with all of the fender tags you bought from me. In fact. This is a pic of the GY3 Challenger that one of the tags is off of.  This is as found by my friend.

bull

If I were like you and always wanted a sassy grass Duster I would not pass it up. I, however, have never wanted one so I would pass it up.

700jfm

rt green

always wanted an a body. there's a brown one in a junkyard near here shot slant six, missing drivers side door, grill is kinda busted up,rust  and it looks like someone held a square dance on the roof. they still want 400 bucks for it plus cash for tow to the house.    bruce
third string oil changer

C_stripes

Here it is.  It has been repainted. But it is a orig FJ6 car. There is a dime size bit of rust in the pass rear 1/4 and none in the driver. It needs a front pass fender and the interior is trashed. There is even a dead cat in the back seat. Nice huh? The shark tooth grille is gone but I have one available. I also have hood scoops available. As well as other parts. Tell me what you think,         

Jeremy

C_stripes

This is the parts car I think I will buy.

Bluestar

I sold a Sharks Tooth grill for $350 on E-bay about 5 years ago.  I think I paid 15$ for it out of  salvage year 10 years prior to that with the dream of building a 71 Duster at some point.

Bottom line.  At least get the Grill from junkyard.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

My friend picked up the sharks tooth grille for me for $20.  Hows that for a deal?

C_stripes

Also,  Just to let everyone know.  I passed on the car. After checking the tag it was NOT a twister. Still would be a cool car.  I'll just hang onto the grille for now.  We also got the mirrors off of the parts car.

rt green

third string oil changer

TruckDriver

Quote from: rt green on November 14, 2007, 07:56:52 AM
i wouldve picked it up. so what if its hot  a twister
:iagree: And then you could of cloned it into a Twister & dropped a bigger 340 or 360 into it :Twocents:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TeeWJay426

Shoulda grabbed it anyway. Up here in rust country, that's still a good buy, Twister or not.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

C_stripes

I can still get it,  I just choose to save my money for a super bee