News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who is running super stock springs in their Charger????

Started by Hemidoug, September 04, 2007, 07:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

Quote from: zerfetzen on September 07, 2007, 06:21:18 AM
Question for MeFirst,
By the way, very nice Charger, of course! I'm new and learning. I saw the Charger 500 emblem on the back, but aren't those supposed to have the smooth rear-window-tunnel, or whatever it's called?

It looks like the tires are M&H's, again, very nice. What are those? The look something like 275-60-15's. Thanks.

The rear tires are M&H Racemaster DOT slicks 325/50R15...

/Tom

70sixpkrt

What rear shocks are you guys using with ss springs? What is a good pinion angle? I have a set of 454/455 and debating on using them.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on September 08, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
What rear shocks are you guys using with ss springs? What is a good pinion angle? I have a set of 454/455 and debating on using them.

Ricky, the Comp Engineering 3 way adjustables are descent and sell for ~ $40 each. The pinion angle should be 4-7* nose down for best performance.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

Ron, those Comp Eng 3 ways, are they good for street usage? Can you use them for the front also? How about Edelbrock IAS? Are the IAS long enough for ss springs?

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on September 09, 2007, 11:23:57 AM
Ron, those Comp Eng 3 ways, are they good for street usage? Can you use them for the front also? How about Edelbrock IAS? Are the IAS long enough for ss springs?

Ricky, the CE's are 3 way adjustable so you can tune them for street or track usage. The rear shocks are fine on the 50/50 setting for street/strip. The fronts you can run at 70/30 on the street then loosen them up to 90/10 for the track to help with weight transfer.  :2thumbs:

Not sure on the IAS shocks but they would be too stiff on the front for sure.... for strip use, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

Thanks very much Ron. Do you have a part # for the Comp Eng?

70sixpkrt

njsteve

They have been on my car for about 37 years now.  :icon_smile_big: They fit fine and you can adjust the rear ride height through the use of any of the multiple vertical mounting holes in the front spring eye hanger.

The car also launches rather nicely with them...and yes,  I beat the Stage 1.

Hot_Rodder

Quote from: njsteve on November 13, 2007, 12:20:07 PM
They have been on my car for about 37 years now.  :icon_smile_big: They fit fine and you can adjust the rear rdie height through the use of any of the multiple vertical mounting holes in the front spring eye hanger.

The car also launches rather nicely with them...and yes,  I beat the Stage 1.

Hey Steve, nice looking Hemi Charger. I do have a question for you though. The car looks a little bit familiar, was it in one of the Mopar magazines? I can't remember which one, nor the date or anything, but it does look like one that is in one of the issues that I have, along with two other R/T cars, but later models, like a Stealth R/T and something else..... All were red though.

firefighter3931

njsteve

It's the same car you are thinking of. It's been in a few magazines and books over the past 20 years or so. It's the only Hemi car I kept all these years. I've had a bunch but this is the only that likes to run hard and fast so that's why I held on to it. Plus it only has 16,000 miles (I bought it when it had 12,000) and it is one of one (the only red R/T-SE hemi built out of the 15) with every piece of documentation you can imagine from the moment the first owner haggled with the dealer on a piece of legal pad paper, to the dealer prep work order that says "Install Tubular Headers". It's a keeper...

70sixpkrt

njsteve

12.77 @ 111 on street tires. That was back in 1992 at Bradenton, Florida.

I was just playing around at Englishtown in the photo above taken in 2006. The car ran a leisurely 13.80 @ 107, beating the Buick's 13.40. If you look closely at the photo you can see that those superstock springs really work. I left on the last yellow. The photo shows the green light lit, and my car lifted up on all fours, and I am already almost two car lengths ahead of the Buick who was running slicks, compared to my BFG radial T/A non-stocky street tires. I drove the car to the track and back home. That's what you do with real hemi cars! If you baby them, they tend to become less reliable, not more. I have beaten the crap out of this car for two decades and it just seems to like it more and more. It's the only car I have ever had that will start at the first turn of the ignition key, no matter what the temperature outside is, or how long it has been sitting. It's kind of like a faithful dog that sits by the door all day waiting for you to get home to take him for a walk.  ;D

Ghoste

Now that is the perfect street and strip Mopar.  :2thumbs:  Fast, rare, beautiful, and reiliable.