News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pain in the but headers!

Started by 1BAD68, November 12, 2007, 04:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

How much power do you really gain with headers?
I dont want to put these back on, there must be an alternative for a small block.

AmadeusCharger500

I hear you man!
Those things are designed for s**t.
Are those hookers or hedmans?

I think it depends how much more then stock you have built your engine. If it is close to stock then just keep the manifolds.
I am guessing (really) a range from 10 to 75 HP.
10 being stock engine difference.

hutch

headers are for show, your overall exhaust system is where the money is.

All headers suck to put back on.  I have to take off my starter and steering gear on the drivers side just get get it off.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

aifilaw

Quote from: AmadeusCharger500 on November 12, 2007, 05:44:31 PM

I am guessing (really) a range from 10 to 75 HP.

I agree with that statement, the rest not so much. With the exception of Nitrous Oxide, headers are the most HP/$$
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

hemihead

There is an art of working with and around headers.Do it often enough you will learn.  :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

1BAD68

I'd hate to toss these, I found out they're FlowTech Ceramics about $325.00 but I came really close to breaking out the sawzall when removing them.
Luckily its not something I have to remove too often.

aifilaw

Quote from: 1BAD68 on November 15, 2007, 05:26:26 PM
Luckily its not something I have to remove too often.

I remember saying the same thing about my transmission 3 months ago... since then I've gone through 4 mounts and 1 flexplate :)
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

moparguy01

some beleive the word "header" is a ancient indian word for "good God this sucks" while others think it means "God help us" I think both have some bit of truth in them. :2thumbs:

I go back to manifolds.