News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil pans

Started by poppa, February 10, 2008, 04:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

What are the numbers stamped in the oil pans for??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Ghoste

There are different pans for different applications.

moparguy01

the same reason any numbers are stamped into any parts. identification along the assembly line. It helps us now to keep this stuff sorted.

poppa

Where would I find these numbers ? Book? Web site? Oil pan # 971???
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

moparguy01

oil pan 971 is a big block pan with a mid hump, its also the one you need to put a big block into a non big block 73-74 charger, or cordoba. I think one of Galens small books covers that, he sells them even though he's a shit he put the info into a small easy to use book. so I have to give him credit for that.

JimShine

firefighter3931

The 971 Pan fits nicely into a second gen chassis with no interferance (in case you were wondering)....i had one on my old 440 and it was passed on to a buddy where it now resides in a 64 Polara 500 with a 426ci Wedge. It also holds 5 quarts in the sump and is the only factory wedge pan to do so other than the 440 6-pack pans which held 6 qts.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs