News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Passanger side Brake drum wont come off.

Started by 440charger68, November 11, 2007, 12:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440charger68

I have a 68 dodge charger with drum brakes all around, and the front passanger side drum wont come off. The rear drums were easy, after taken off the wheel the drums just slide off. Ive tried everything to take it off, i released the parking break, and i tried to pull it off with a crow bar, but it wont budge. All im trying to do is replace the shoes, and its taken me 2 days so far. Anybody have any ideas.
life's a garden, dig it.

Ghoste

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

440charger68

i forgot to add, that i know the breaks are not on, because the drums spin freely. The front passanger just wont come off. This is becoming a pain in my ass, because this is the only transportation i have.
life's a garden, dig it.

Charger-Bodie

did you pop off the dust cap and remove the bearing nut?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

If you have the driver side off, you will see a toothed wheel near the bottom of the assembly, that is the adjuster.  You will need to get a screwdriver into the backing plate to move it so that you back off the shoes.

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

Ghoste

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

Ghoste

Ah, I thought the right front was the only one left.  Remove the nut and give it a whirl first.  You may not have to back off the adjuster.

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.

440charger68

life's a garden, dig it.