News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fall Fling 2007

Started by 68charger383, November 10, 2007, 09:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

Nice day in Van Nuys for the fall fling. Jeno Leno appeared in a car powered by a Patton tank motor. I'll try and figure somewhere to post the video, maybe Utube. There were at least 300 cars today. A lot of e bodies, especially, 71 cudas. I took pics of the Chargers...plenty of other great cars as well. I spent most of the day looking for parts and buying from the parts guys...prices weren't any better then e-bay, but saved on the shipping.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68charger383

Some fist gens...cool exhaust on the number two car...close up of the side pipe
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68charger383

Some third gens
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Brock Samson

68charger383

Some of the strange things I saw.....

Well Australian Charger was very cool.
Some guy had a new gen charger and stated that he paid $30K for it to be made into a vert
Daytona Dayclona probably....towing that trailer!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68charger383

A few more 2nd gens
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68charger383

Some more
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68charger383

Some of my car. Girl was modeling for another car and was nice enough to stop for a few shots. :drool5:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Just 6T9 CHGR

Dayum!  How nice of her! :drool5:

Look my brother from another mother ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chargerman68

i was there couldnt find anyone from the forum had signs up at my swap spot...and where the hell was that chick :brickwall:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

68charger383

Sorry I missed you and the signs at the show

I saw her about 1:00 when people were starting to leave and snagged her for a pic or two :icon_smile_big:!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

68chrgrwife

Well, I met Rick from Layson's at his tent and spoke with Rolling Thunder, but didn't know it was him....By the way R.T. I was the chick with the blonde hair and the baby in the stroller (and I had the DC.com sign on the stroller) who said you had a great table for your food....it was on the wing!  And I sat around talking with you and that young kids who kept asking the ?? about your interior and such...LOL.  I ws actually asked if I ws your wife by someone...LOL  If I had know that it was you I would have opened my big mouth and said something!  Dumb blonde! :slap:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Silver R/T

nice looking Chargers as always
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68charger383

A few more pics

Australian Charger motor and interior (have to love the right side drive on the car)

Thought this one was funny in the parking lot...67 chevelle with detail pros on the rear window and 1/2 the paint on the car looked like it was rubbed out down to the primer.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

draftingmonkey

Here's a few more (no blond honey though, darn)

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on November 11, 2007, 08:03:50 PM
Well, I met Rick from Layson's at his tent and spoke with Rolling Thunder, but didn't know it was him....By the way R.T. I was the chick with the blonde hair and the baby in the stroller (and I had the DC.com sign on the stroller) who said you had a great table for your food....it was on the wing!  And I sat around talking with you and that young kids who kept asking the ?? about your interior and such...LOL.  I ws actually asked if I ws your wife by someone...LOL  If I had know that it was you I would have opened my big mouth and said something!  Dumb blonde! :slap:

I was on the lookout for you guys, but didn't spot you anywhere.

Anyway..here's a link to a pic thread by one of my LX buddies who was there:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=88708
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerman68

we spent most of our time in the swap meet area..had signs up from the forum and my oldest was selling girl scout peanuts....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 14, 2007, 01:42:12 PM

I saw you walkin around - was with a customer at the time and just didnt have a chance to get your attention - you were wearing your "Iceman" shirt weren't you ?    I was chilling in front of that Tor-Red bird...     back row on the far north side
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks for posting all the 3rd gen pic's. :drool5: :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 14, 2007, 09:51:58 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 14, 2007, 01:42:12 PM

I saw you walkin around - was with a customer at the time and just didnt have a chance to get your attention - you were wearing your "Iceman" shirt weren't you ?    I was chilling in front of that Tor-Red bird...     back row on the far north side

yeah, that was me. I didn't see you though. I was kinda preoccupied trying to find a buddy I was supposed to meet up with.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Finn

Sorry to bring up old threads but I realized I met the owners of these chargers, thought it was pretty cool:

This guy was with his family at the Oldies and Goldie's show at Saugus Speedway last year-ish??

The orange: talked to the owner at the last spring fling (The guy that helped the owner of green also helped on this one). The green: I'm pretty sure it was the one at Bobs Big Boy in Burbank a couple months ago but I think the wheels were different?? The orange was built to be really quiet I remember that...

Anyway, its cool to see them on here, all three are outstanding in person.  :2thumbs:

*In case they see this, I was the 17-18 year old kid with a 68 project that probably asked a ton of questions.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Big Lebowski

Spring/Fall Flings totally rule. Van Nuys is only 2 1/2 hrs. away for me. Back in the old days (before cops attended) there was a cool burn out show. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69*F5*SE

Very cool pics of some nice cars. Thanks for sharing. That blonde is smokin' hot  :yesnod: