News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my 3rd gen brothers,heater core question

Started by andy74, September 30, 2005, 02:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

i hooked my heater hoses up to  the core last night,its been cold as hell here at night time,and am not ready to park for the winter yet,but the damn thing leaks.it used to have factory a/c,and wont shut off,hence the unhooked hoses.can some one give me a idea on how to remove the heater box,so i can repalce the core this weekend?i guess i wont be making the mopar show down state,so i guess i better use my time wisely-Andy

andy74

Chryco Psycho

undo the hoses & the 3 bolts around the heater motor , there should also be a J hook inside the cold air vent at the right sde of the box 

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2005, 02:20:27 AM
undo the hoses & the 3 bolts around the heater motor , there should also be a J hook inside the cold air vent at the right sde of the box 

hi - were can i buy a new heater core with A/C for my 1974 dodge charger???

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: rudyjrusa on September 24, 2006, 08:29:25 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2005, 02:20:27 AM

hi - were can i buy a new heater core with A/C for my 1974 dodge charger???

Check with your local auto parts supplier........auto zone/advance/pep boys....whichever. Advance has one listed for 58.88 bucks (part no. 399112) on their site.

BBD

andy74

this is an old post,but i got my heater core from napa-it was like 70 bucks,and fit perfect

RogerDodger

Andy. How big of a job was changing the heater core? I have my dash and heater box all apart and was wondering if I should be change it even though it looks fine.

mikepmcs

Quote from: RogerDodger on December 31, 2006, 05:00:28 PM
Andy. How big of a job was changing the heater core? I have my dash and heater box all apart and was wondering if I should be change it even though it looks fine.

"When there is doubt, there is no doubt." 

You got it apart so it should be simple now, if you can spare the $$ i'd do it.  Good piece of mind anyways.
my .02

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

andy74

damn you guys went a long way back for this one! if you have the heater box and stuff apart,id think you were crazy not to change the core at the same time-its a pain in the ass,why take it apart twice!

RogerDodger

Guys, your right. I figured it was probably a pain in the a**. Just everytime I think about the Charger it costs me another $50. I wouldn't be very happy if I were changing it next year at this time.