News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Crank and Cam Shaft Center Distance on an RB Block

Started by BLAM, November 09, 2007, 03:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAM

I am looking for the Stock RB Center Distance dimensions.  I am trying to determine if I need to buy an undersize timing chain setup?  My align honed block now as Center Distance measurement of 5.142" but I do not how the compares to a non-honed block and if I need an undersize chain.  The engine is a 4.25" stroke 3 bolt solid roller cam motor.

Thanks

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

chargerbr549

Generally when you align hone a block you don't hardly move the centerline enough to even worry about the distance between the cam and crank but when you alignbore a block because of a serious problem such as a spun main or something else and you have to move the crank centerline up go get the main saddles to clean up thats when you might have to worry about the distance a little bit although I don't know what the options are for the timing chains.

Kevin

BLAM

I had the block align honed because I had new aluminum main caps installed.  I think the stock center distance is 5.146", but I need to confirm.  I called the Cloyes tech line, but the individual who would know the answers is out on business travel.
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BLAM

firefighter3931

Quote from: BLAM on November 10, 2007, 05:25:54 PM
John thanks much!  Great Info!

Thanks John....just saved it to my hard drive !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs