News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Experts Needed - Engine Vibration - Problem Undetectable...NOW FIXED!!!

Started by Needa68, November 08, 2007, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

This is a great thread. Having the solution to the problem is a great thing.

BTW in 79 I traded a 73 Sat Sebring Plus for a 4 cyl Vega! Gas mileage was better but that Vega was the worst car I ever owned.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bordin34

My dad sold his 1970 383 4-speed cuda in 1974 for a used beat up pinto, which he later gave away.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Needa68

All:

It appears we should start a new thread titled "Regrets! Yes, I've got a Few" to chronicle the multitude of stories by people who traded or sold perfectly good MOPAR's over the years for reasons that now seem foolish.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing but so is the future. For those of us who made foolish decisions concerning the cherished MOPAR's of our past we have the future in which to atone. The best way I know to do that is to restore one of mother MOPAR's past creations. In my case I have lots of guilt! I'm working on my second one!

To paraphrase from a song by Frank Sinatra.... Regrets! Yes, I've got a few but in the end I did it my way!

Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

RD

congrats on the solution!!!  now where is the picture of the nasty a$$ burnout? :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dc69383

:2thumbs: on finding the "culprit"... like my dad always says "start with the cheap parts first" :D
'69 IS FINE

Bobs69

So straightening out the engine fixed the vibrations?  I found this topic because I noticed my tail stock was also no centred in the floor.  This was when installing the adapter for my new gear vendors tranny.  Did your's bend towards the passenger side?  I called GV tech to ask about this and was told that "all dodges were like this".  I'll try to explain the way I remember it.  Dodge has such a flat drive train that in order to get the 3 degrees or whatever in the dive shaft they have to angle things a little to the side to make up for it.  I had no vibrations before.  I surely would have this time tho, since it is now touching the floor.  I am going to adjust it as per your instructions.

Just wanted to see if anyone else ever heard of this.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: i c e b l u e on November 08, 2007, 11:52:26 PM
i agree with the the above posts. I would also look into the front fan and water pump. Of course when you installed the new damper im sure you would have noticed if the fan bolts were loose. However, we had one car come into our shop that had a bent water pump shaft(at least the tip was bent) that didn't leak any water and was nowhere near noticeable until about 3000 and progressively got worse. Probabbly 1 in a mill but it want cost you anything to check

have you checked spark in all cylinders? Have you used a gas analyzer or wide band? A simple aproach would be a dead cylinder check by pulling the wire off of one plug at a time and noting the rpm drop. no rpm drop = dead cylinder.

personally it sounds like a balance issue, but these are a few easy things to check
Not to change the thread, but.  Iceblue, what a beautiful car you have there. :drool5:  Nice, real nice. :laugh:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.