News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E-body rear axle

Started by Belgium R/T -68, March 27, 2008, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Bought a 8 3/4 axle to put on my Charger, it comes from a e-body and is a little bit longer. Is it only to change the place of the brackets or are there other issues
between a B- and a E-body axle?  :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger-Bodie

if its for youre 68 ...the overall width will be wider than the orig. 68 rear and the spring perches will need to be relocated.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

Sorry, I ment the spring perches. Just didn't know the right word.  :icon_smile_big:

John_Kunkel

Is there a particular reason you want to use the E-body rear? It is 1 1/2" wider than your '68, 3/4" on each side might not sound like much but it will limit the tire/wheel combinations you can use.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Belgium R/T -68

A simple reason, didn't check the difference before I bought it. Kind of stupid.  :brickwall: