News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spoiler II Released from Barn Prison - Pics

Started by Aero426, November 08, 2007, 12:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: DougSchellinger on November 08, 2007, 09:18:01 PM
I sure wish I could have one of each car.   But I'm lucky to have the ones I do.

Just like that guy who brought his silver Daytona to the Milwaukee show this summer that was from Oklahoma maybe? he had all 5.  He was fun to talk to.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 09, 2007, 09:36:10 AM
I sure wish I could have one of each car.   But I'm lucky to have the ones I do.

Just like that guy who brought his silver Daytona to the Milwaukee show this summer that was from Oklahoma maybe? he had all 5.  He was fun to talk to.
that would be wayne perkins  my buddy from here in olathe kansas  , he has been a great help to me and my cloning
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on November 09, 2007, 09:53:53 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on November 09, 2007, 09:36:10 AM

that would be wayne perkins  my buddy from here in olathe kansas  , he has been a great help to me and my cloning

Thats right!  Wayne Perkins.  :yesnod:

-thanks. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

yeah before that show i was telling him about you 6cy project and he got a kick out it
  i could wait to get to the show and see you car

i hated missing that show was out of cash

Charger_Fan

Man, having all five would definitely be way cool. :icon_smile_cool: Are they all restored? The man could open his own museum. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 09, 2007, 11:56:47 AM
Man, having all five would definitely be way cool. :icon_smile_cool: Are they all restored? The man could open his own museum. ;D

I'm not sure if any of them are restored  :shruggy:   He may be working on one of them now though, now that i remember talking to him.  Stu?  is he a member here?  I think i asked him but for some reason maybe he doesnt use computers that much.

moparstuart

no you saw the silver hemi daytona he was driving is an old tired restoration needs freshend badly ( hit a deer in the mid 80's and got freshened then) 
his superbird is being restored by curt lawson up your way in minnesota as we speak ( has aways to go ) vit c orange car
  i'm sure you have seen his #99 race car copy (Its a really hemi daytona ) nicely restored   
the 500 he has is a rusty sob  needing restored badly 
  I have never seen his ford or mercury but from what i here they are basket cases too
   i think the mercury came out of a salvage yard and was standing upright on the nose or something at one time ?

Aero426

There are not many folks who have the complete set.   Kudos to Wayne Perkins.   :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on November 09, 2007, 12:25:01 PM

There are not many folks who have the complete set.   Kudos to Wayne Perkins.   :cheers:
yeah as a post man he didnt have tons of money to get nice ones but at least he now has them and car work slowly on restoring them ,  help's to that he has alway been into them and was smart enought to get them before they dryed up and went out of sight in price.     selling that bent up rusty daytona helped him get the #99 charlie car going .

moparstuart

here is wayne bird  before going off to be restored  ha ha ha

PocketThunder

No Way!  O0 that is groovy man.  I would keep it just like that and drive it.  Just like i do my C500 (because i cant afford a restoration D'oh!)

moparstuart

he did drive it like that for quite awhile  now the the prices are high it was time to restore it
   it is the bro mobile and had fussy shag on the dash and 1 hundred switched

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on November 09, 2007, 04:02:11 PM
he did drive it like that for quite awhile  now the the prices are high it was time to restore it
   it is the bro mobile and had fussy shag on the dash and 1 hundred switched

what is 1 hundred switched?

moparstuart

all kinds of funky switch and air craft looking stuff all over the dash        not as bad as pettybirds 42 car though  LOL

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on November 09, 2007, 04:53:26 PM
  all kinds of funky switch and air craft looking stuff all over the dash        not as bad as pettybirds 42 car though  LOL

oh 100 switches...  :lol:   :lol: 

Ok Doug, Stu and i are done hi-jacking your post.   :icon_smile_big:

Sweet Cyclone you have there :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 09, 2007, 05:09:47 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 09, 2007, 04:53:26 PM

oh 100 switches...  :lol:   :lol: 

Ok Doug, Stu and i are done hi-jacking your post.   :icon_smile_big:

Sweet Cyclone you have there :2thumbs:
sorry doug

69_500

Does anyone own 1 of each of the 6 aero cars Doug? I'm including the King cobra's as the 6th, just curious. I can't think of many more people who have one of each of the 5.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM
Does anyone own 1 of each of the 6 aero cars Doug? I'm including the King cobra's as the 6th, just curious. I can't think of many more people who have one of each of the 5.

Make it the magnificent seven by including a Boss '9.

Of course, with your King Cobra, there can be only three people who can do that...

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on November 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM

Nope, nobody with all six (or seven for that matter).

69_500

Not sure if I would lump the 69 Boss 429 in there, as it wasn't really an Aero car, just the one they stuffed the motor in to get to use it for Nascar. Has a link, but not as far as body goes. Then again The Boss 429 had 2 different engines in 1969. One was an S type, the other a T type.

learical1

Remember the 'squabble' between Ford and NASCAR?  NASCAR said Ford had built enough Talledegas to run it at the 69 Daytona 500, but not enough Boss 429 Mustangs had been built, so Ford had to run the 427 Tunnelport.  Ford was so pissed that they put "Torino Cobra" on the side of the cars instead of "Torino Talladega."  (Talladega race track was owned by Bill France of NASCAR.)  If I remember my dates correctly, it wasn't until April that the 429 was approved, and the Spoiler II debuted at the same race.  That combination won 'out of the box.'  At that race, the Fords all read "Torino Talladega" for the first time.
Bruce

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 10, 2007, 08:27:03 AM
Not sure if I would lump the 69 Boss 429 in there, as it wasn't really an Aero car, just the one they stuffed the motor in to get to use it for Nascar. Has a link, but not as far as body goes. Then again The Boss 429 had 2 different engines in 1969. One was an S type, the other a T type.

Eh..I think the Boss 429 belongs more than the '70 Fords, as it was used in racing while the other is a prototype.  Granted, I'd love one of those King Cobras, but I group the Boss cars in because they were another glaring example of how much Ford and Chrysler wanted to win in '69-70. 

Brock Samson

thought you would get a kick out of this photo of the first second gen clay being developed in the dodge styling studio, if i wasn't for the documentation I'd say it was a Torino in the Ford Studio... 

Ghoste

Call me a heretic, but I think if I wanted to include the aero powertrain, I'd stick a Boss 9 in my Talladega and make the purists howl. (leave those Mustangs for the Steve McQueen fans ;))