News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator Replacement (Aluminum or not?)

Started by dspaulding70, November 16, 2007, 03:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I need to replace the radiator on my 70 Charger that will have a 440 put in it early next year.  The shop guys are suggesting I consider aluminum because it runs so much cooler.  Problem is that it is twice the price.  Any thoughts?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dspaulding70 on November 16, 2007, 03:09:47 PM
I need to replace the radiator on my 70 Charger that will have a 440 put in it early next year.  The shop guys are suggesting I consider aluminum because it runs so much cooler.  Problem is that it is twice the price.  Any thoughts?

really ? most alluminum one ive seen are cheaper than GOOD stock radiators :shruggy:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

terrible one

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 16, 2007, 03:31:08 PM
Quote from: dspaulding70 on November 16, 2007, 03:09:47 PM

really ? most alluminum one ive seen are cheaper than GOOD stock radiators :shruggy:

Same here. Especially the universal ones and such from Summit.

deputycrawford

Check with Manciniracing.com for a stock replacement aluminum radiator and the fan shroud kit. Paint it black and it should look pretty stock. You have to think about it though. I have a 26 inch stock radiator and a built street engine with no problems at all. If you have the 26 inch big block radiator, don't worry about it. If you have the 22 inch radiator then upgarde all the way. Your choice.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.