News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any interest in exact reproductions of 68-70 armrests - in colors!

Started by professor-patrick, November 06, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Exact? I'm in for a full set in white, but I'd like to see some hi-res pictures first.

Edit: for a 69 Charger. I didn't think to mention it before...

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparchris

I'd be up for a set of 68 white pads,  as long as they are high quality. :cheers:

eSJayDee

I doubt you'll be able to come up w/ an order for 30, but I'd like '68 c6r maroon please.  I really only need the fronts, but for <$100, I wouldn't mind getting the rears, too.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

i'd like the saddle tans for my r/v, but i only need the shorties...
but i'd be intested in an entire set in black for my R/T, the repos i bought were warped, too hard and more a dark gray then true gloss black like my ripped 'n chewed originals,..
is this off the auto topic or what?..  :smilielol:  :shruggy:
  :vert::patrol:

o.k. in the immortal words of Rossana Rossanadana...

"never mind"...  :shruggy:

:lol: maybe i should git a set in Maroon?..  :scratchchin:

chargerdave

Dr. Hagerman:

I'm a polyurethane chemist with a large multi-national chemical company (name is three letters - starts with a D and ends with a W).  I have a couple of questions:

What will the material be?  Polyurethane integral skin foam?  What blowing agent?
Will a UV stable in-mold coating (paint) be used?  If not the white armrests will be yellow in a couple of months and the colors will just get ugly.

BTW, I also would buy a set of white ones depending on the answers to the above questions.

Thanks.

69charger2002

put me down for a set of white, 2 black, and a dark blue
thanks
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TX9 Charger

I'd like some in burnt orange please. :drool5: That would be great if it happens. I'm afraid to touch the dyed ones I have for fear of cracking & I never use them as an arm rest.

Khyron

I'll take a set of white AND a set of black for that kind of money  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Just to expand your market a little, I'm pretty sure the 66 and 67 Chargers take the same armrests with the exception of the 67 front passenger one which was the same size as the the other years but had an ashtray in it.

RTPTRON

Quote from: charge69 on November 07, 2007, 03:12:07 PM
As Troy said, if they indeed look exactly like the originals and the quality is there, put me down for a set of White Armrests!

Like he said

bull

It's funny how everyone is writing down their orders without having seen anything yet. Wouldn't you guys like to check them out closely before making assumptions? The current repros are junk so I'd like to see a pair of these before I buy, or at least learn about the return policy. Myself and chargerdave seem to be the only cynics and professor-patrick hasn't posted anywhere on this site since last Tues. and all he said he is doing is gauging interest. Let's just say I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sometimes I think this site needs some kind of slush fund we can donate to so we can buy one sample of something and get some reviews from a trusted moderator or member before a bunch of people get burned.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on November 10, 2007, 07:17:12 PM
It's funny how everyone is writing down their orders without having seen anything yet. Wouldn't you guys like to check them out closely before making assumptions? The current repros are junk so I'd like to see a pair of these before I buy, or at least learn about the return policy. Myself and chargerdave seem to be the only cynics and professor-patrick hasn't posted anywhere on this site since last Tues. and all he said he is doing is gauging interest. Let's just say I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sometimes I think this site needs some kind of slush fund we can donate to so we can buy one sample of something and get some reviews from a trusted moderator or member before a bunch of people get burned.

I don't think anyone is sending him any money yet ! he is gauging interest and if people don't step up and say " yes I'm interested in exact reproduction armrest" then they wont see the reason to make them ......the post doesn't say I'm gonna make better armrests than whats currently out there it says exact reproductions ....and i think everone is just saying that IF they are that nice etc that they will take the amount specified in there response to the post! my whole point here is that he is feeling out a market for them not taking orders!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Ok. I'd just hate to see anyone drinking the cool aid before they know what's in it. :cheers:

Ghoste

Hey!  You guys didn't say anything about cool aid.  Count me in!

Purple Haze

Bob E
Plum Crazy, 440 Six Pack, 4 speed hemi, 4.10 Dana Super Grip
My Lucky Story
http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=268&highlight=#268

igozumn

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

professor-patrick

Thanks everyone!  To clarify - I was just gauging interest, but it seems the interest is there.  I just received a sample pair of front armrests in white and am very happy with them.  I'll post some high res pics in a couple of days when my high speed connection is back up (ice storm has cut power and high speed connections right now - so I'm at the public libarary).
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

69_500

I'd be loving a set of White ones for the 500.

I'm just curious where Paul came up with the photo of the tan interior, as I know its not his 500 that is pictured.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69_500 on December 10, 2007, 06:13:09 PM
I'd be loving a set of White ones for the 500.

I'm just curious where Paul came up with the photo of the tan interior, as I know its not his 500 that is pictured.
That Paul is a sneeky one :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

justin1987

Quote from: professor-patrick on December 10, 2007, 06:08:32 PM
Thanks everyone!  To clarify - I was just gauging interest, but it seems the interest is there.  I just received a sample pair of front armrests in white and am very happy with them.  I'll post some high res pics in a couple of days when my high speed connection is back up (ice storm has cut power and high speed connections right now - so I'm at the public libarary).

This ice storm was worse than what I was expecting. I hope you got all your Chargers in the garage.  :cheers:

The70RT

Quote from: justin1987 on December 10, 2007, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: professor-patrick on December 10, 2007, 06:08:32 PM

This ice storm was worse than what I was expecting. I hope you got all your Chargers in the garage.  :cheers:

Ours is coming in now. They said 1-2" of ice......I hope not.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Winged 1