News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Colour Breakdowns

Started by Beep Beep Dave, November 06, 2007, 03:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

Going threw a little Daytona-itis today and can't seem to get my mind clear :scratchchin:
I know I have it around somewhere but wasn't there a colour breakdown of Daytona's published at one time?
Was it accurate?
Did it include stripe and interior colours?
Does anyone have it?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

69_500

I think that the only published breakdown of colors for Daytona's was a few years back and it was only breaking down the KNOWN cars to the club's. I know that Dave has it on file on his computer as he has posted it before. I think if you add all of the ones listed up it comes up to around 350 cars.

I think it was like this

A4            2
B3            2
B5          23
B7            2
F3            2
F5            1
F6          43
F8          10
Q5           2
R4          75
R6            6
T3            2
T5            4
T7            1
V2          72
W1           9
X9            9
Y2          24
Y4            2
99            1

Although I know that some of those numbers aren't correct, as I have found more than 2 Q5 Daytona's, actually know where 5 of them are. And I believe that there are 2 of the 99 code Daytona's. And I believe that there are 11 known X9 Daytona's now. But that should give you a ball park anyways.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on November 06, 2007, 04:18:23 PM
I think that the only published breakdown of colors for Daytona's was a few years back and it was only breaking down the KNOWN cars to the club's. I know that Dave has it on file on his computer as he has posted it before. I think if you add all of the ones listed up it comes up to around 350 cars.

I think it was like this

A4            2
B3            2
B5          23
B7            2
F3            2
F5            1
F6          43
F8          10
Q5           2
R4          75
R6            6
T3            2
T5            4
T7            1
V2          72
W1           9
X9            9
Y2          24
Y4            2
99            1

Although I know that some of those numbers aren't correct, as I have found more than 2 Q5 Daytona's, actually know where 5 of them are. And I believe that there are 2 of the 99 code Daytona's. And I believe that there are 11 known X9 Daytona's now. But that should give you a ball park anyways.

Wow i would have thought that Green would be the prevelant color and not red or orange.  But i suppose they were marketing the cars to single guys in their 20's with the higher impact colors and not the family guy looking for a green family truckster.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Beep Beep Dave

Thats what I was looking for.
I do remember a magazine article had a breakdown, but good luck finding that in my stash :o  I don't even bother buying new mags.
Hey if anyone has updated numbers I'd like to see'em!!!

BTW I've never seen a B3 Daytona! Did all the T5 cars end up in Canada?
Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Moparmatty on November 06, 2007, 06:45:21 PM
B5 here Dave.  LOL!!!!!

I'll have to take your word for it, you still haven't let me take a peek! :rotz:
Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

nascarxx29

That daytona color breakdown by Galen was circa 1991.Havent seen any revised listings
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

hopefully gene will chime in here--he has a very different list...

hemigeno

Quote from: pettybird on November 07, 2007, 01:54:58 AM

It's still very much a work in progress, but for the sake of discussion I'll post the same information I sent pettybird (updated with a few more I've come across):

Here is the breakdown of available colors (AFAIK).  I have some sort of color information on way over half of the Daytonas, and I would say most of the specific information is reliable.  However on some cars, I had a question about which particular color the car is - so I put a question mark by the color in my spreadsheet.  For instance, several cars I know are green, but I am not sure which particular shade of green.  The totals do NOT include those cars.  Here is what I have:

Total cars with a reliable color code:  241

Color         # of Cars
99                2
A4                8
B3                0
B5                19
B7                1
F3                0
F5                3
F6                30
F8                6
Q5               4
R4                61
R6                3
T3                1
T5                11
T7                2
V2                57
W1               7
X9                7
Y2                17
Y3                0
Y4                2
[/size]

Just because I have a zero by an available color does not mean they did not make any in that flavor; it only means I do not have a definitive record of any cars with that specific color code.  If anyone has information or details on some of the more unusual cars/colors, I'd love to add them to the records I'm compiling.

:cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on November 07, 2007, 02:57:45 AM
Quote from: pettybird on November 07, 2007, 01:54:58 AM

It's still very much a work in progress, but for the sake of discussion I'll post the same information I sent pettybird (updated with a few more I've come across):

Here is the breakdown of available colors (AFAIK).  I have some sort of color information on way over half of the Daytonas, and I would say most of the specific information is reliable.  However on some cars, I had a question about which particular color the car is - so I put a question mark by the color in my spreadsheet.  For instance, several cars I know are green, but I am not sure which particular shade of green.  The totals do NOT include those cars.  Here is what I have:

Total cars with a reliable color code:  241

Color         # of Cars
99                2
A4                8
B3                0
B5                19
B7                1
F3                0
F5                3
F6                30
F8                6
Q5               4
R4                61
R6                3
T3                1
T5                11
T7                2
V2                57
W1               7
X9                7
Y2                17
Y3                0
Y4                2
[/size]

Just because I have a zero by an available color does not mean they did not make any in that flavor; it only means I do not have a definitive record of any cars with that specific color code.  If anyone has information or details on some of the more unusual cars/colors, I'd love to add them to the records I'm compiling.

:cheers:

i'm cinda amazed there is not more F8 cars also , and 30 F6 cars wow i love that color
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

I'd meant to ask before--where is the third F5 car?  region or owner?  does it still exist? 

69_500

Hmmm, I don't recall ever seeing a B7 blue Daytona in person, but then again apparently there aren't many of them floating around.

hemigeno

Quote from: pettybird on November 07, 2007, 12:20:45 PM
I'd meant to ask before--where is the third F5 car?  region or owner?  does it still exist? 

I don't think it's any secret that Jim M. (3--Daytona) from here in Missouri has a survivor F5, and then there is another restored F5 car which is actually an SE.  You already know about one of the F5's, which constitutes the 3 confirmed F5 cars from my list.  There are another 3-4 on my list that have F5?, meaning they aren't confirmed.  DC.com member Onemintcaddy's car is one of the unconfirmed F5's.  Plus, I think Danny's dad used to have an F5 4-speed car that I don't have the info on IIRC.

69_500

Ah you mean this great looking car.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 07, 2007, 05:15:54 PM
Ah you mean this great looking car.

I see cars like this and I want to take them home, like people do with stray animals.

I stopped at a friend's house and helped him do some cosmetic cleaning on one of his Daytonas that hasn't seen the road since 1974.  We scrubbed it up (the car's heading for restoration, soon) and he asks if I like the car better now that it's cleaned up.  I told him no.  He looked at me funny, and I told him that to say yes would imply that I didn't like it before, and that, when it comes to wing cars, I have X-ray vision that sees right through dirt and rust...

69_500

Believe me I wish it was still sitting there in my parents drive way like that. Well okay so I'd prefer it in my driveway like that now, than his, sorry dad but I want one so bad.

I'd take any Daytona in any condition really. As long as its a legit car, then I'd take it. Now I have some preferences, but as long as its got a wing and a nose cone and XX on the dash I'd take it.

pettybird

the ones with the RM in the VIN and a wing and nose aren't too bad either  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 08, 2007, 10:46:12 PM
the ones with the RM in the VIN and a wing and nose aren't too bad either  :cheers:
i'm with you brother  love them both
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

I'll agree, they aren't too bad, just not as beautiful as those with the XX. To me anyways.  :cheers:

I see a Daytona and I  :drool5:

I see a Superbird and I  :2thumbs:  :shruggy:

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on November 09, 2007, 09:34:54 PM
I'll agree, they aren't too bad, just not as beautiful as those with the XX. To me anyways.  :cheers:

I see a Daytona and I  :drool5:

I see a Superbird and I  :2thumbs:  :shruggy:

Drive one.  Beep at people.  All will be come clear, grasshopper.  The Daytona has better lines, is four times rarer, but can't hold a candle to the Superbird as far as being outrageous.  It's like the difference between being seen with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Paris Hilton.  Both stop traffic, but you know Paris is going to the crazy parties.

69_500

Kind of hard to drive one when ya don't have one. But I know what you mean. To be honest though I remember getting just as many stares when riding in my dads Daytona's as we did in the Superbirds. Granted the RR horn is much cooler than the Charger horn.

Heck a few weeks ago was the first time I'd rode in a Daytona since 1987.

pettybird

show up in cleveland (well, six months from now anyway  :flame:

we'll go for a drive.

A383Wing

Quote from: pettybird on November 10, 2007, 11:45:22 AM
show up in cleveland (well, six months from now anyway :flame:

we'll go for a drive.

Or come on up here to Washington and you can take the funny looking pointy nosed purple car out

Bryan

69_500

Ah man, I was just in Cleveland about 4 weeks ago too. Then in Michigan the weekend after that. I'll remember that, the next time I'm over in cleveland.

pettybird