News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

x-pipe, quieter exhaust

Started by Aussi440, November 05, 2007, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussi440

Guys, I have a 440 68 charger, total stock engine.  Has anyone had experience with x-pipes?  I have exhaust manifolds, 2.5 out the back and would like to make the car quieter.  How much of an effect will am x pipe have on the decibel level?

Ryan

Plumcrazy

I don't know how many decibels it was but when I installed an H-pipe on my car it quieted it down a noticeable amount

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

mikesbbody

I dont have one i only know wt ive been told which is they are quieter, and you make more h.p with a x pipe. Hopefully ron will jump in here.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Aussi440 on November 05, 2007, 04:26:09 PM
Guys, I have a 440 68 charger, total stock engine.  Has anyone had experience with x-pipes?  I have exhaust manifolds, 2.5 out the back and would like to make the car quieter.  How much of an effect will am x pipe have on the decibel level?

Ryan

Ryan, the x-pipe really tones down the volume and helps improve power output at the same time. What mufflers are you running on the car ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Aussi440

Ron, I just have stock Midas 3 chamber mufflers, I told them I wanted the quietest things they could put on the car.  It kind of gives you a headache after driving it for a while at 45-50 mph

firefighter3931

Go ahead and try the x-pipe and see how you like it. If you need to quiet it down some more you can allways add some resonators in the tailpipes. Dynomax makes a strait thru muffler called the race bullet....these work very good as resonators w/o hurting performance.  :icon_smile_big:

But, i would try the X-pipe first.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Silver R/T

I have x pipe with race bullets on my cobra....its not very quiet lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

firefighter3931

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 05, 2007, 10:29:03 PM
I have x pipe with race bullets on my cobra....its not very quiet lol

Ya, but do you have any mufflers in front of the race bullets ?  :D

Ron

471_Magnum

When I switched from an H to an X on my Charger, I really didn't noticed a lot of difference at idle or at cruise.

At full song though, it definitely sounded a bit different.

Of course, this is the perspective from inside the car, and with headers and very little insulation.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."