News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Lower-Cost High Quality Reproduced Flip-Top Gas Cap, and LOCK?

Started by Charger Aficionado, September 30, 2005, 12:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

He claims it is TOP quality...   Anyone have any experience with this guy and or product?   Good thing I didn't get NOS for the C500!
I think this is good news!   Weren't the other Re-productions like $130.00???  

LINK:   NEW CAP

Admin: Please do not stick this in the ebay section, it is a "New Product", and I think it needs to be up on the front page.

Charger Aficionado

Badbob

That looks nicer than the NOS cap I just sold for $450.

bull

Looks ok except for that goofy "Fuel" written on top. I wonder if the '68 owners are smarter than the '69-'70 owners? :yesnod: We are able to figure out where to put the fuel without instructions. ;D

Charger4404spd

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

BrianShaughnessy

Most likely it's a chinese knockoff but for now I BIN'd the trim ring.      Somebody else already BIN'd the cap.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

Bull, it wasn't for the owners.  There were no self serve stations back then.

41husk

I think R/T specialties was around $130 with the trim ring.  Of course I still havent recieved the one I paid for?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Jon Smith

QuoteLooks ok except for that goofy "Fuel" written on top. I wonder if the '68 owners are smarter than the '69-'70 owners?
Maybe they put that on after the '68 owners complained they didn't know where to put the fuel :P

bull

Quote from: Jon Smith on September 30, 2005, 07:48:59 AM
QuoteLooks ok except for that goofy "Fuel" written on top. I wonder if the '68 owners are smarter than the '69-'70 owners?
Maybe they put that on after the '68 owners complained they didn't know where to put the fuel :P

Ha, ha. Maybe. ;)

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

THE COLONEL

I bought a reproduction from Yearone and it looks great.  It cost almost $140.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Troy

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on September 30, 2005, 12:16:58 AM
Admin: Please do not stick this in the ebay section, it is a "New Product", and I think it needs to be up on the front page.

I'd be more interested if you actually found who was making them and posted a link to their site. I kinda doubt this guy is producing them but maybe he is. I'd like to know if they are really new products or if they're the same ones I can get from anyone else. As for moving it, try reading the nice little post I made about *why* there is an eBay section and you'll see why it wasn't moved. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

It sucks when a seller only puts in one picture, it always makes me think the item is really crap & he's hiding it.

Hopefully these are a nice as he's claiming, that would be awesome!

Bryan, give us some feedack when you get your trim ring, K? :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

I asked the guy for a pic of the "lock"......this is what he sent..... :-\

I replied and told him that might fit a Challenger but not a Charger....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger Aficionado

Dude...   Where's the pic??   heh...   
  Well anyway...   I liked the price.   I hope those aren't the only two he had!!!   (I ASSume he is a supplier)...

EDIT:     Hmmmm...   Chris, quit posting at the same time as me! :)     

Funky cap, but if it works better than this NOS junk...   (NOS one is JUNK)...   I guess I have to "work" lip of tube to fit it right??   The NOS one seems LOOSE and actually flipped on it's side in my filler tube...

That WILL fit a Charger...   >>>   My first '69 had a silver locking cap like that and had the spring/stopper removed from the cap, so the locking one would work...   The silver locking cap was even "lower profile" than that.  Only thing... It didn't POP open since spring was removed...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

It doesn't look like the lock I have here in the box that's for sure.  Nor does it look like the lock that was in my last 69.

ChargerSG

I allso bought a flip-top to my Challenger but that one did not have the same Quality as to the Charger, just after a year the black on the lid is allmost gone...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Spartan

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 30, 2005, 05:40:13 PM

I have a NOS gas lock for a 69 Charger and it does not look like that.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Spartan on September 30, 2005, 07:24:37 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 30, 2005, 05:40:13 PM

I have a NOS gas lock for a 69 Charger and it does not look like that.

I know it should look like this.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger Aficionado

I Love when you post that (Love every part of that car)!   :)     (Locking cap comes up so much doesn't it)??