News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Source ....

Started by beedees, June 17, 2008, 10:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beedees

heads, stroker kits,etc.....where is it made?

Khyron

Quote from: beedees on June 17, 2008, 10:53:25 PM
heads, stroker kits,etc.....where is it made?

depends on the parts. some parts here, some China, some Australia <timeing chain, Oil pans in USA> Kinda an open ended question. Go to their site and read the parts, most say where. Or you can try this...    lots of talk about their parts on this site.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

1FastCharger

I know Edelbrock is made in the USA.

Sure it cost a little more, but I want MY money to stay in the US.

This country is going to sh*t because people buy "cheaper" without thinking where the money goes.

I hope someday we can stop the bleediing.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

Khyron

I'm sorry, as as red blooded as the next guy, did my 4 years in the Army and such, I buy american when I can. But I also like quality. So I pick my battles.

I deleted a lot of other things so as to not become political. But walk around your house, inspect your wireing, look at your TVs, look at aftermarket gauges, and a ton of other things around your house before stones get thrown. Unless your an American Indian living in a teepee and only off the land. I don't care.

also, check those parts in that computer your typing on.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparstuart

anyone else find that 440 source is out of stock on alot of stuff  .   I called them for 8 things yesterday to rebuild the birdable motor and they only had 2 instock.    No rings or bearing instock or a complete gasket set? WTF that stuff is to common to run out of ?  Great prices but no parts ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2008, 10:27:43 AM
anyone else find that 440 source is out of stock on alot of stuff  .   I called them for 8 things yesterday to rebuild the birdable motor and they only had 2 instock.    No rings or bearing instock or a complete gasket set? WTF that stuff is to common to run out of ?  Great prices but no parts ?

If they were expensive I bet they'd have it all in stock... ;)

This is the busiest time of the year for many places dealing with engines - or cars for that matter. Having worked in mail order for 10 years it's impossible to avoid backorders. Some places are better at it than others but the last thing you want to do is order too much and have a LOT of money tied up in products that sit on the shelves. I don't know the exact situation at 440 Source so it's hard to say but the items you mentioned should be available anywhere (and possibly even cheaper at Summit or Jegs).

To answer the original question, most all of the 440 Source specific parts are manufactured in China (or overseas somewhere). These would include cranks, rods, heads, rockers, etc. Their kits contain some parts made by other manufacturers like rings, bearings, seals, etc.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

I know i can get the stuff here local but I would have like to one stop shop. It was 6 out of 8 item out of stock . No summit was not cheaper and I will never ever buy anything else from jeg's !   :Twocents:  Just my rant of the day got all my stuff elsewere ,but just dismayed they were out of the basic simple stuff .   My short block should be all assembles next week .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chatt69chgr

My understanding is that 440Source buys the basic forgings overseas and then does the finishing here in the USA.  Same as Eagle and some others.  This is for rods, heads, cranks.  I believe their pistons are all US.  KB and/or Ross.

1FastCharger

Quote from: Khyron on June 18, 2008, 11:27:33 PM
I'm sorry, as as red blooded as the next guy, did my 4 years in the Army and such, I buy american when I can. But I also like quality. So I pick my battles.

I deleted a lot of other things so as to not become political. But walk around your house, inspect your wireing, look at your TVs, look at aftermarket gauges, and a ton of other things around your house before stones get thrown. Unless your an American Indian living in a teepee and only off the land. I don't care.

also, check those parts in that computer your typing on.

I agree with you on everything but the Indian part. "American made" refers to all working citizens in the US regardless of race.

I know there are some things that we have no choice on buying. There are certain products that an "American made" version does not exist. In another 10-20 years you will not be able to find ANYTHING made in the US.

Look at electronics. Back in the 50s-60s they were mostly US made. Then came the Japanese imports in the 70s-80s. Here it is 2008 - try to find electronics made in Japan. Even their stuff is made in China now.

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

Musicman

I have been ordering stuff here and there from both Summit and 440source for the last few months... So far the only out of stock item I've come across was a valley pan at 440source... just lucky I guess. Of course, if you frequent their site you'll notice that they were out of stock on several items for the longest time, fluid dampers,etc., but their price was little better than their competitors on these items so that's not surprising. They are a growing company, and one that has received a lot of attention this year, so I can certainly see where it might be difficult for them to keep up with the demand, especially now during the busy season. :Twocents:

As far as where the products come from, I believe it has already been stated... Some parts are manufactured overseas, some are made here in the states, and some are simply competitively priced products from other manufactures.