News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

original engine or not

Started by JT01, November 04, 2007, 05:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT01

Im getting ready to take the 318 out of my 69 Charger and I would like to know if it is the original engine or not. Im putting a 440 in it and I thought if it was the original one I would just set it aside and keep it if not I would sell it for extra cash. I took this number off the drivers side above the oil pan 4387530-318-21 Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

John_Kunkel

That casting number dates from the late seventies so it can't be original. Look for stamped data on the front of the block just below the drivers side head, this and the VIN stamped by the pan rail will identify its origins.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JT01

Well I looked all over for any more numbers under the drivers side head and everwhere and I cant find any more. What do you guys think a motor like this is worth. It runs really good doesnt smoke and appears to be completely stock and it looks all original. I thought I would just sell it for extra cash to buy some parts I need for the Charger. Thanks