News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarists....post pics of your guitar!

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 02, 2007, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

oldrock

My son with the 72 charger is actually the lead guitarist in a rock band. He plays a Gibson SG standard which he mowed yards all summer to pay for. We try to support the music thing since I was in a band as a teenager and had a blast doing it. I am also a fan of guitars.

Here is a shot of the Gibson LP doublecut I refinished myself in alpine white

pic of Josh on stage with Jeff Carlisi of 38 Special

link to a vid of Josh's band, FinishLine playing a cover of stranglehold by ted nugent
http://www.youtube.com/user/oldrockfan?feature=mhw4#p/u/3/csX-rtkAkU4

Manfred318

Those guys are pretty good. Dig the Stranglehold cover :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Mefirst

Here is my collection of Guitars.. My "Punk/Rock Sticks" are not any where near as exclusive/expensive as many of the previously posted guitars...

On top my Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Special II and my Washburn V200 Pro E

I have to say that I really like the cheap Gibson, had it for some 12 years now, the weight and balance is good and I love the sound. The Washburn is my new guitar, actually bought it today.. I just think it looks killer cool.. its also a really nice guitar to play. I also have to say that Wasburn has got the balance of this V-shape guitar spot on..

Here is my acustic guitar.. also a Washburn brand guitar..

Here is my little Amp, a 10W Laney LG12.. It makes enough noise to fill my little appartment.. and no doubt that my neighbours also hear it.. I dont use any kind of effect pedals, I think effect pedals are kinda stupid (-Sorry).. I also have an old Peavey Bandit 112 Amp, but its way to much Amp to use in my little appartment, and it also sounds like "Poop" if played at a low volume, so I dont use it much...

/Tom

dodgecharger-fan

My latest addition to the arse 'n all.

It's actually a hoot to goof around with...

Bluestar

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 05, 2010, 04:55:12 PM
I was in the music store down the road from me today trying out a Line 6 half stack. I really like it actually :2thumbs:

I have a Line 6 Spyder 30 for practicing.  It is way convenient to carry around as opposed to the rack mount stuff.  I like it enough that I am thinking about buying the half stack version for playing out.

Manfred318

I picked up this one yesterday. Its a Davison, Ive never heard of it, but it plays and sounds good after professional a set-up.

Current MoPars:

dodgecharger-fan

Cool!  I'd like to get a nice semi-hollow.

I just picked on of these up today. Needs a setup, but with an adjustable nut, it's pretty easy to do myself.

Sounds pretty good. It's light and it will travel well.

http://www.ministarguitars.net/id54.html

I'll get pics of mine later.

451-74Charger

I just bought this puppy.
Can you tell me what it is...?

I am waiting on delivery, so this is all i have.
PS Brock, Sent you a PM @ BCRICHplayers.

PS the pics were posted by the seller , NOT MY ROOM
  :smilielol:

Manfred318

Quote from: 451-74Charger on November 16, 2010, 02:10:19 PM
I just bought this puppy.
Can you tell me what it is...?

Its a Warlock. Their not a bad playing guitar. A friend of mine has a 80s model one hes been playing for years.

Current MoPars:

learical1

Here are (were) my basses:
on the left is a custom built 'Explorer' bass, made in 1979-1980, mighty mite body, jazz bass neck, dimarzio (sp?) pickups.  I sill have this.
in the middle is my 1965 Hofner Beatle Bass.  Loaned it to a friend, never saw it again.
on the right is my 1978 Rickenbacker 4001.  Sold it in 1991.
Bruce

Manfred318

Man Id love to have a Ric 4001 one of these days. How did you like it?

Current MoPars:

learical1

I loaned my 1978 Hamer to Glen Buxton, former lead guitarist for the original Alice Cooper Band, in 1986.  Never saw it again.  Glen died in 1997, so that guitar is gone forever.
Bruce

learical1

Quote from: Manfred318 on November 16, 2010, 08:01:08 PM
Man Id love to have a Ric 4001 one of these days. How did you like it?

The Ric was great!  I just loved the look of the explorer, so I had the custom built made.  It is wired just like the Ric, including the Ric-o-Sound stereo set-up.  the micro switches are coil taps on the pickups.
Bruce

451-74Charger

Woo hoo, it arrived...
I just have to restring it, I tested it out and both pups work fine.
Need a backplate and 3 way switch knob

Ghoste

I'm loving that Hamer!  I've wanted a nice LP double cut for awhile (the later style with humbuckers like your Hamer not the old Junior or Special style ones) but just haven't stumbled across the "one" yet.

Musicman

OLd thread, but I just finished customising another guitar yesterday, so I figured what the heck...

This is my favorite guitar to play... it's my Hummingbird, reborn of course.
I just finished a few mods/upgrades I was doing to it, custom switching, custom tone circuit, shielding, body work, etc. :cheers:
That's my Wandre Deluxe seen in the background, another cool guitar.  :yesnod:

Not sure if I posted this one already or not, but this is another one of my guitars that I finished customising about a month ago.  :icon_smile_big:

charge69

Ok, I'll play.  Except mine also has "Flat Stanley" hanging out. The picture was for my grandson!  The guitar is a 1974 Gibson Hummingbird Custom I bought new at a local music shop back then. The picture was taken a couple of years ago and it still looks great!

For Christmas, 2009, I bought myself another acoustic that has built in pickups (Seagull) to practice with but, I don't have a picture of it.

Dino

I sold most of my gear and will be selling off more but I'm keeping this one.  I made it from scratch a few years ago, modelled after a '52 tele.

It has a solid ash body, one piece maple neck with walnut skunk stripe.  The pickups are keystones, I forget what the other hardware is from.  Fun little project.  I gave the fretboard a 12' radius as I prefer it to the 7 or whatever Fender uses.

I have all the wood to make a Les Paul but it'll have to wait for many years to come.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I'd love to try making a Les Paul style too.  A lot of skillsets to learn first though. :lol:

Dino

Here's the funny part.  First of all, I'm not a woodworker, I learned this stuff as I went.  Because I had plenty wood and I was sure there would be a steep learning curve I thought I'd ruin it on the first try.  Because of this I thought I'd have nothing to lose so I wasn't nervous ad afraid to break something and yep you guessed it, got it right on the first try!   :icon_smile_big:

Now the Les Paul is a different matter, that wood was a bit more costly and I only have enough to build one.

Ghoste

I have a Strat style one that I made and that was fun but definitely a different construction method than the Gibson used.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on July 02, 2013, 06:42:49 AM
I have a Strat style one that I made and that was fun but definitely a different construction method than the Gibson used.

Absolutely!  The Tele was a nice project because, like the Strat, is a very basic design.  Two slabs of wood basically.  The Les Paul is an entirely different animal with a two piece body and a set neck at a slant.  Screw up the neck pocket and it'll be expensive firewood!

Bob T

Bumping an old thread...
Just got this a few weeks ago, its a Tokai Love Rocks in Vintage Flame, so nice to play, really enjoying it, just got to get a decent amp, just borrowing a mates one to try out. Alongside is my Yamaha APX 500
Old Dog, Old Tricks.