News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheapest way to ship wheels/tires?

Started by Wakko, September 28, 2005, 11:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I found a set of cop car wheels with tires for a really good price but they're in Pennsylvania.  What's the cheapest way (and easiest for the seller) to get them to Florida?  I'm not sure how it works with Greyhound, but have been told that is a good way to ship bulky stuff.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

triple_green

I used some old wheel boxes (for 15x7s) I had around. I strap taped them in sets of two. It was only $35 (total) from Seattle to SF using FedEX. UPS was a lot more expensive

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Wakko

But that was just for wheels, right?  I ship wheels FedEx all day long but these suckers have the tires still on em. 

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

bad1032

what part of pa are they in, and where in fla do you need them to go to. Might be coming down for bike week to daytona.

69bananabeast

I shipped some Vectors from Texas to New York for $90 with fedex , although I heard that UPS is usually cheaper.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

CB

my wheels came from Troy, Michigan to Bedford, PA in 4 seperate boxes.
The rear wheels  still had the tires on. Paid $65 with FedEx.
In general, it is about $17 per wheel (without tires) to ship from Michigan to the west coast to give an idea.
Hope it helps.

here are the wheels
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

MoparYoungGun

If you do end up going either the UPS or FedEx route, DON'T use UPS. I priced out getting two steel wheels (20lbs each) shipped from MN to CA. UPS was SIGNIFICANTLY more, I believe it was over $125 more.

gb70

I sold both tires and wheels through Egag and found that Fedex ground can't be beat.  Use Fed ex

Wakko

FedEx ground is the cheapest for sure, but I dont know if they'll take the wheels loose or if they'll have to be boxed up.  I'll have to see if he has boxes for them or not.  If not, is greyhound the only option?  He's in 18431, Bethany I think.  Daytona is about three or four hours north of me, a bit far to drive. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger Aficionado

Ian,   I got a set I may sell...  They are blasted, and coated.  No tires.

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Wakko on September 28, 2005, 11:07:49 PM
FedEx ground is the cheapest for sure, but I dont know if they'll take the wheels loose or if they'll have to be boxed up.
I'm not sure either but, I would think they need to be boxed up.

Wakko

Bah, he ended the Ebay auction early.  $200 for wheels and tires was a good deal, too.   :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Neal_J

Sorry you didn't get the wheels.  I recently bought a set of rallye rims and tires off epay.  The seller shipped them from Ohion to CA via FedEx ground wrapped in celophane.  All arrived in good shape with no damage and the shipping cost was only like $35/each.

Peace,

Neal

BigBlockSam

my wife does catering, she has this wide clear  plastic wrap. i wrapped the wheels with that and taped the address on it one layer down in the plastic. sent them ups. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

topduarte

I sold some 14" magnums with tires, put them on a pallet (2x2), strapped them down with some heavy duty rope and finished it with some heavy duty packaging shrink wrap.  cost from here to Kansas was I bleive about $125.