News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Great day in my little Mopar world!

Started by d72hemi, October 30, 2007, 10:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d72hemi

After being a day late and a dollar short all may life (5 months ago I got to a house to see a person loading up the 426 hemi I was going to buy for $400  :brickwall: ), but yesterday was great! Sunday I was surfing the local online classifieds (www.ksl.com), and found a MSD 6al for $20. The add was up for 52 minutes, but when I call it was already sold. I thought it was the start of a normal day for me, a day late dollar short. Then, before going to bed, I seen a MSD 6a for $40. It was 11:10 pm, to late to call, not to mention the add was up for nearly 4 hours so I e-mailed him stating that I would call from work around 8 am. I called a little after 8 am and he told m that I was first to call about it and that I could pick it up during my lunch break. When I showed up he still had it hooked up in his jeep, and showed me that it was working. Awesome! I get home, and take another look at KSL. I find two racing seats for $10 (as in $5 each). It ends up being from a guy which I bought a number of Mopar parts from(he is also a mopar freak). The seat are a little older, but still good if I ever want to take my seat(s) out for a pass down the track whenever I get the 440 in. He then tells me that he is looking for a 68/9 bench seat for $100. I just happen to have a 69 RR seat stuffed in my 72. I told him if he drills and welds in the reenforcements for the factory bucket seats I have, along with holes/reenforcements for the race seats, he can have the perfect bench  seat. Since he also owns an auto body shop, he will also get me new Legendary seat covers at cost. Now I think I am on a roll It can't get any better, but when I get home from picking up the seats, I see another add. This add is for a $200 383 with a bad tranny. I know "big deal". I call him to see if he is willing to part with just the trany. I do have a "good" 727 (I never seen it run though), but I want to try my habd at rebuilding a trany. I have done everything else. He said that he could give me another trany that he has, this one from a 68 Furry. The Furry was wrecked and the owner only wanted the 440 out of it for another project. The 727 however (supposedly) had a shift kit put in it an rebuilt a few years ago. I then told that I was really interested in the blown one because I want to practice rebuilding it, thinking he would want a bunch for the "rebuilt" 727. his reply was that he would give me the bad trany if I bought the good one, he really needs to clear out his garage, the total would be $50 for the two of them! $50 for two!!!! We start BSing about cars, and house remodeling, then he brings up the fact that he has another BB 727 that he needs to get ridd of. This one he pulled from a running car about 2 years ago. I could not resist, I had to ask how much he wanted for it; $10 more, thats it. So I told him that I would take all three but would have to make multiple trip because I know I can fit one 727 in the trunk of my ferd fuk-ed-us, maybe 2. That is when he said that his father lives around the corner from me and that he would bring them to me tomorrow (2 hours ago actually). before coming over today he calls to tell me thay he did not get the time to pull the blown 727 off of the 383 and will bring the others over for the original $50. He then asked if I have a use for a rebuilt (less than 100 miles) SB 727 with a cracked bellhousing  (yes I know they are one piece cases). I told him that I did not, but the internals can be swapped between BB and SB cases, so he throughs it in for free! His buddy was hard up for a SB 727 for a destruction derby, so he used his new trany, and ended up cracking the bellhousing really bad. To wrap things up I got am MSD 6a, 2 racing seats, 2 "good" BB 727, 1 SB 727 (for its internals), for $100 with a "bad" (sounds like the torque converter really) for another $10 coming when I get back from my week long vacation. Minus getting  that cheap hemi what could be better! For the first time in my life, I was in the right place at the right time!  :2thumbs: Also all the tranys come with their torque converters

Ian

PS the only "down side" is figuring out how to stor all of those tranys!  I wonder id I can stor them upright on their "noses"

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerman68