News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I MISS my FREAKIN' CHARGER!!!!!!

Started by ChargerBill, October 30, 2007, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

Man guys...going through withdrawls. I HAD to sell it....I had no choice, but still. It wasn't even finished and I hadn't driven it yet and I miss just knowing it's there...waiting, calling me... "come work on me - fix me, drive me!!" I have sold many cars including a 2 door Chevy '49 Fleetline Deluxe (rat rod - very cool), a '66 GT 350, a '58 Chevy 4X4 Panel Truck, a beefy '75 4x4 Cherokee Sport Wagon, a '50 Chevy coupe... Anyway, I have never missed a car like this one...

End of my rant...anyone else here miss a car from their past real bad?...
Life is a highway...

69bronzeT5

Ive never gone through that because I still have my first Charger but knowing its sitting in the garage only needing a few things to get it running..it bugs me because I dont really have the funds or mechancial knowledge to get it going. :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 30, 2007, 06:19:45 PM
Man guys...going through withdrawls. I HAD to sell it....I had no choice, but still. It wasn't even finished and I hadn't driven it yet and I miss just knowing it's there...waiting, calling me... "come work on me - fix me, drive me!!" I have sold many cars including a 2 door Chevy '49 Fleetline Deluxe (rat rod - very cool), a '66 GT 350, a '58 Chevy 4X4 Panel Truck, a beefy '75 4x4 Cherokee Sport Wagon, a '50 Chevy coupe... Anyway, I have never missed a car like this one...

Come on over to my place you can drive mine!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70charger_boy

I missed my 75 trans am from when I was 16.  So, I searched and searched then I bought it back.  Now, I'm looking for my '70 AMX.  That was my favorite car.  I know how you feel, Bill.  Look on the brightside You have one very hot woman that loves you.  That is better than any Charger, at least I think so  :2thumbs:

Mean 318

Thats the only thing that keeps me from selling the 70... I am just not into it anymore but the point I sell it is the time I miss it!

Ghoste

Are you kidding Bill?  My username is from the local nickname given to a Charger I owned 25 years ago.  I feel your pain brother.

ChargerBill

Yes...my wife is HOT!! Soooo, putting things in perspective, who needs a stinking Charger anyway?? LOL.. I STILL wish I had it...funny thing is, so does she.
Life is a highway...

zerfetzen

Maybe you should post pics of the wife and the charger and get some fair feedback  :yesnod:

Hey, it had to be said... :2thumbs:
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

70charger_boy

zerfetzen

You know, about the time you stop wanting one, it will fall into your lap.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

70charginglizard

I miss my cuda but that was never really 100% mine anyway and that was a very bad time in my life divorse and other very bad things.

Thank god I'm thru all that and my charger is nice, warm and comfortable in my garage.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

The70RT

Maybe you will financially be able to get another sometime. No I don't know how you feel..... well maybe sorta I sold a lot of cars in my day but NEVER thought about selling the Charger.....but then again I have had it for 30 years. My wife the other night said she can't wait till it's done. The only other car I think about everyday is a 69 GTS 340 4spd. I had around the same time I got the Charger. I was 17 and had 5 cars and I let it go. :brickwall: Actually i gernaded the motor and sold it for parts. I traded the 4spd for a 71 RR that needed work. Back then it was just a Dart ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AKcharger

Well...you can always collect die casts  :shruggy:

TruckDriver

I wish I had my '74 Rallye and or my '69 Chargers yet :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 30, 2007, 10:14:49 PM
Quote from: AKcharger on October 30, 2007, 09:40:05 PM
Well...you can always collect die casts  :shruggy:

I do that too :icon_smile_big:

I may have to start selling mine off to finish the Charger......
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerman68

sorry to hear that....by look up u still have the wife..... :icon_smile_big:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

bmoparmofo

Missing my 68 barracuda 318 auto.................... :brickwall:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

41husk

I will probably sell one of my Chargers after I finish the Challenger, but not sure because I will miss it.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mean 318

BMOTOXSTAR

I miss my 73' SE survivor that I sold to a "friend" that just sold it a few months later to make $2000, now a flipper  mo' fo' in Florida is tyring to get his dirty flippers to make some $ on it. :rotz:
It is for sale on Moparts. Makes me sick. :eek2:
At least selling the SE got me back into the Mopar hobby.
Since last Summer I now have a 73' Rally & a 74' Satellite.
I lost 1 survivor and gained 2 Mopars.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Brock Samson

PM could not be sent to 'ChargerBill' due to the max. PM limit.

:scratchchin:

Charger_Croatia

I can't say that I miss my charger...better to say I can't wait the day to finish her and put on the road. :shruggy:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 30, 2007, 06:19:45 PM

Can't say I have.  I thought I would.  My first car was a 57 Nomad.  Had that car for 7 years, the longest I ever held on to a car.  Everyone knew me and that car.  I had a chance to buy it back for 4,000 10 years ago.  I went to see it, and it was just an old car to me.  Always what ever car I replaced a car with, took the pain away. You can't take them with you, they're only a hunk of metal.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 30, 2007, 06:22:50 PM
Ive never gone through that because I still have my first Charger but knowing its sitting in the garage only needing a few things to get it running..it bugs me because I dont really have the funds or mechancial knowledge to get it going. :brickwall:

bronze, mechanical knowlege and funds come with time and since your a young guy, you have alot of that! time is on your side  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

WOW!  :o  Very Hot Wife :drool5:   Buy a Coronet ...and get over it!    :2thumbs: 

hemi68charger

I feel your pain.. I miss these two.. Whitey and the original "Six Pack",, I've since got another '70 six pack
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 31, 2007, 09:20:43 PM
I feel your pain.. I miss these two.. Whitey and the original "Six Pack",, I've since got another '70 six pack
and you had us all feeling sorry for you not having a wing car

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE